It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brown urges US action on economy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Brown urges US action on economy

news.bbc.co.uk

Gordon Brown is to urge the US to lead the world in tackling global problems.

At a speech in Boston he will say a "global society" with reformed international institutions is needed to fight recession and climate change.

Mr Brown is due to call for an overhaul of the international structures, like the United Nations and the International Monetary Fund, in order to meet the challenges of the 21st century.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Mr. Brown, you're a sell out.

Global society?..don't you mean New World Order?

Reformed international institutions?... Is that like getting all of them under one roof acting as one force.. ie One World Government?

Mr Brown is due to call for an order to meet the challenges of the 21st century... I suppose that means that the corrupt can carrying on being corrupt but only the corrupt that the NWO chooses... any other corrupt persons are not part of the picture

And just how is the US supposed to lead the way in all this seeing as the dollar is falling, thousands being made homeless, daily accusations towards the US government regarding a multitude of things such as the US being a major contributor of global green house gases, a major war monger, the reason and cause of 9/11, chem trails, torture, elite corrupt bankers/businesses... the list goes on... oh, not forgetting that the US is almost globally hated.

Brown, go back to your little island, lock yourself in and carry on watching the world via CCTV surrounded by your anti-terror rent-a-cops.
If the dead ever do start to walk the earth, I hope they find their way to your door and maybe then people like you just might wake up to the reality of all the poison you've all spilled onto this planet through your greed.

rant over

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I thought it was the breaking down of borders and globalisation of the financial markets that is causing so many problems.
The US, like the UK is using tax payers money to bail out the fat cats whilst their big bonuses and salaries remain. The gaming of the (rigged) financial markets has been going on unabated for too long without oversight and NOW they want something done and we are expected to bail them out? Just how much of a slap in the face do you want to give us tax payers Mr. Brown?

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Outstanding! You managed to include the New World Order, Climate Change, 911 Conspiracy, Torture, Engineered Economic Collapse, Secret Surveillance, The Police State and Zombies in that little comment box.

I'm humbled...

sty

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
NWO already exists, Brown just asking for some help I guess.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

The semblance that there is a conspiracy by the PTB to control and rule the whole world, via a NWO, is not to be denied. It surely seems to be the case; however, there is a risk of throwing the baby out with the bathwater here.
While setting up world wide institutions to deal with global problems may appear to play into the hands of the PTB, it is not inherent that such structures are bad in and of themselves or that world wide communication is bad. It is the devious mishandling of such structures by "leaders" (behind the scenes) for selfish purposes that is the problem. It is also the way these things are set up, that allows these people to have their way that is at issue.
Instead of attacking everything, should not the prime issue of the deviousness of the prime players be tackled a priori?
Ironically, there is a commercial currently playing on U.S. t.v. (sorry I don't have a link) that inadvertently gets right to the point. The add is for some cell phone company but it shows a congress made up of firefighters in full regalia instead of politicians.
Those firefighters are making quick and easy, but logical, ethical decisions right and left, completely free of any outside influences, bribes, pressure from lobbyists; etc. etc.
Of course we can't just switch firefighters for politicians, but there is the germ of an idea there. What mechanisms could be put in place to eliminate influence, graft and corruption of the sort derived from big money?
Instead of just beating the same drum - OK we know there is a problem already. What are we actually going to do about it? What can be done to take money out of the equation for example.?
Surely if all the bright minds that are out there focus on this, I am sure that many solutions could be found.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Thank you very much

I'm just dumbfounded by the words of Mr. Brown.

After all that's been said and done, the UK government is still a pawn of the USA.
Their agenda still seems to be online and I really can't understand who has influenced Brown to urge the US to lead the way in anything, let along a global struggle. The current mechanism of the US can't even look after its own affairs let alone anyone elses.

It's the attempts to cover up what he really means by using different words that makes me laugh.

[edit on 18-4-2008 by Extralien]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
From an article that infinite started a thread with...
Brown Calls For New Global Strategy

Gordon Brown has called on the US and Europe to lead a new era of global "interdependence" to solve issues including terrorism, poverty and climate change.

The only *REAL* problem I see of those three is "poverty"... I think many of us are on the same page about the other two listed as being scare tactics/fear-mongering by the PTB in order to further the referenced agenda(s).

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Well, this sure feels like they have tried to create a crisis where the world will embrace the NWO as a solution. It is awfully convenient.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Ill be 100% honest with you guys I never really believed the NWO thing but the more and more things like this are said and pieces of the puzzle come together I am convinced it is for real..why I felt it didnt exist was because it seemed like only an American thing but now that I see people like Brown coming out it just shows you that other countries are taking part in this....

[edit on 20-4-2008 by mybigunit]

new topics

top topics

join