It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma sheriff charged with using inmates as sex slaves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Oklahoma sheriff charged with using inmates as sex slaves

ap.google.com

ARAPAHO, Okla. (AP) — Authorities have charged a western Oklahoma sheriff with coercing and bribing female inmates so he could use them in a sex-slave operation run out of his jail.

Custer County Sheriff Mike Burgess resigned Wednesday just as state prosecutors filed 35 felony charges against him, including 14 counts of second-degree rape, seven counts of forcible oral sodomy and five counts of bribery by a public official.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Forgot more links:
crime.about.com...
www.upi.com...
blogs.usatoday.com...

Looks like this originates from a lawsuit filed last October:
Custer County sheriff named in sex-slave allegations

[edit on 4/18/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Just another story of someone in power using that power to get sex. Sadly, I refer to this as "just another story" about this type of thing. And consider how much goes unreported because of shame, guilt, embarrassment or what have you. Castration seems appropriate for this guy.

At least where he is going he will get alot of that 'prison sex' he likes so much, except he will be on the receiving end. (Chick Magee, please ring your 'sodomy bell')

ap.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by RabbitChaser

Yeah, I agree, he will get plenty of attention when he makes it to the big house, and in my opinion thats exactly what he deserves. Too bad though, the only privleges he will be getting for his sex acts will be to do big bubba laundry.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I hope karma comes for this dude. And I hope he wears a size 20 shoe.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
We were laughing over this in the break room this morning. There's so much corruption in Oklahoma politics and "law enforcement" that it's a delight to see someone finally get their come-uppins. Don't be surprised if he doesn't serve as much time as he should. Judges can be bought. The D.A.'s office isn't interested in little matters like legalities, never mind justice.

I could offer you proof and documentation of just my personal experiences with lawyers, cops, judges, etc. but I'd be on ATS all day. This little "indiscretion" will all blow over when the next scandal rolls around. These guys never serve any hard time. They get fines (and their pension to pay for the fines).

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Well there you go.. the long errr... arm.... of the law.

They need to make an example out of this criminal. Throw the book at him. Considering the position entrusted to him in our society, I say he serves a minimum of 20 years. But he'll probably get off with much less..

In the meantime, instead of processing a guy like that in a hasty manner they'll put more funding into traffic enforcement. :shk:

I swear we're getting weak as a society. That guy will go away for awhile, the taxpayers will pay for his way in prison, he'll get out sooner than he should, then he'll probably repeat or just be a bad influence on someone. What a drag for society...

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
There was a cop in my hometown back east here, who spent two years raping women during traffic stops. I knew one of the victims through work. The department happens to be one of the elite in the nation. Never heard what ever happened to the officer or the case. I couldn't dig up anything here on the internet either. Gee, I wonder why. :shk:

EDIT to add:

This was also in my local news a bit more recently...

Article

[edit on 4/19/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Not to get side tracked, but how many child molesters charged with felony rape get out on bond? I thought they denied bond to those types of people.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The pig needs to be locked up immediately just like any other perv. But since law enforcement plays the good ol boy way, he will be placed on paid leave during his internal investigation which will in all probability be found simply unsubstantiated and dismissed.

If you look at sex crimes you will see those in power, most, not all, likely get away with it thanks to there superiors covering it up. The pig department has to cover its reputation and make such things go away.

Pig land is a filthy place where one can do pretty much as one pleases and deny it with a favorable chance of getting away with it. BUT!, if you are an unknown, not well liked or just a patsy, you will burn.

Same with reverand Mc whats his names religious BS. now that profession is full of dirty old pervs.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
This kind of abuse goes on all over. I live in North Ga, and my ex husband and brother went through some crazy stuff in a nearby county, I don't want to go into details but we found out that the arm of the corrupt law reaches quite some distance, even the FBI could be bought. What is most scary to me is that the former sheriff of that county is now the head of security for Ga. In the forementioned county, this same man forced prostition on the female children of the county, if they were desireable, he murdered, transported and sold major shipments of drugs, even other police didn't have a leg to stand on if they tried to do battle over what was happening. To this day when we ( other residents of this area) hear of an odd death or murder in that county we cringe and know it was problably the police who did it.

new topics

top topics

join