It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 questions about the bible#2

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2002 @ 05:41 PM
link   
For you christians and/or bible buffs. "let us make man in our image and after our likeness" I have always believed that there were a group of supreme beings.
Also to make my position more sensible the original word used in genesis was Eloheem not god! The hebrew text says Eloheem which means ,in christian terms, Gods. I wont get into it now but there are many stories in the bible that refer to different supreme beings or gods. does anyone agree or disagree that we were made from a group of beings and not one all powerfull one. Comments please!

[Edited on 26-12-2002 by common]

posted on Dec, 26 2002 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Hey common the usual response to this issue amongst Christians is in relation to the Trinity

posted on Dec, 26 2002 @ 09:09 PM
link   
It's not Eloheem, it's Elohim and yes, christians will say that it is about the Trinity but it's not about a Trinity.

When God said let us make man in our image he was referring to Him and the angels

Then when he made Adam, he ordered all the angels to bow down to Adam because God had created him

It has nothing to do with a trinity.

Remember that a trinity was not spoken of in the Old Testament. the concept of a trinity was invented in the New Testament

"Hear O Israel, Our God is ONE"

[Edited on 12-27-2002 by Illmatic67]

[Edited on 12-27-2002 by Illmatic67]

posted on Dec, 26 2002 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Uh, yes, it is the Trinity.

I'm sorry, the Christian isn't allowed to know his own beliefs, is he, so I guess I'm supposed to shut up while the folks who know my belief from a distance tell me what is meant.
Sorry, not gonna happen. Nah gonna. Wouldn't be prudent.
Darn. Wrong Bush.

Make no mistake about it, it is not in my strategery to keep quiet.

The Angels were not made in His image, but we were. Since the angels were not made in God's image, the verse could not be referring to them.

posted on Dec, 26 2002 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I'm sorry, the Christian isn't allowed to know his own beliefs, is he, so I guess I'm supposed to shut up while the folks who know my belief from a distance tell me what is meant.
Sorry, not gonna happen. Nah gonna. Wouldn't be prudent.
Darn. Wrong Bush.

What the hell, isnt that the most stupid thing you ever said. So because your a christian you automatically know more than non-christians right? A typical christian, thinking he knows more than the whole world because he can say he's a christian.

The Angels were not made in His image, but we were. Since the angels were not made in God's image, the verse could not be referring to them.

and? how do you know angels were not made in His image too? oh wait, damn I forgot, your a christian, you should know that, how dumb of me.

Hear this:
If it WAS talking about a Trinity, why did Christianity come 2,000 years later? Moses was the writer of the Torah, so how come he was a Hebrew, a believer in ONE GOD, and not a christian, a believer in a trinity.

It's plain and simple. Before Christianity, to speak of a trinity was blasphemy and according to Moses' laws someone who did speak of one would immediately stoned to death.

posted on Dec, 26 2002 @ 11:01 PM
link   
A good review of the scholarly points (including the Hebrew spelling) is here... alas, no conclusion is presented:

www.tektonics.org...

(fairly short page)

posted on Dec, 26 2002 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Speaking strictly from the context of the Bible in relation to Exodus, there is a reference to Death as being the Hand of God. In terms of the relative conceptualization of that matter God would be understood as having two hands.

An interesting point is that the Buddhist also refer to Death as a Hand of God (specifically this is the Black
Buddha as he is often called). There are many Buddha�s and so therefore their version of God is depicted as having many hands, unlike the Christian version of God which only has two.

To the Buddhist a Hand of God is God incarnated in human form. He is an aspect of God and every act thought and decision is Gods word. One could consider that in the days of Moses such a consideration existed but in relation to a deity which had two hands.

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 01:10 AM
link   
We were made by God, which is a being made up of 3 seperate beings. The trinity wasn't "invented" in the New Testament...... Angels obviously were'nt made in His image. Cherubs have a face or head of a man but that's as far as that goes....

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Actually, the "trinity" concept was originally a heresy. It wasn't accepted into Christian literature until the 300's or so.

Remember, Judaism (the original religion) doesn't have a concept of a trinity. They're strictly monotheists.

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Thank you, Byrd

I have no idea why this is hard for people to understand

There's no "trinity" in the Old Testament, only God.

"Hear O Israel, our God is ONE"

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The trinity was (not) made up by the NT, it was made up by
the christ which the jews cannot believe.

They thought he was a blasphemer and a false prophet for saying he was the lord christ. he has given them prophecies about
his coming by the prophets and they still could not believe.

the high priest were heretics.

Christ is the trinity, the trinit (IS) one, so that would make god still one.

Is christ really different than god?

he (is) the same god of the OT.

The jews still await a new messiah and crucified there real messiah and when they see
the antichrist, he will be the awaited messiah.

peace.

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Byrd Genesis Does say that Adam and Eve by eating of the Tree of Life had become like we.

Specifically in relation to the recent the way Bible

Genesis 3 verse 22

Then The lord said, " Now that the man has become as we are, knowing good from bad, what if he eats the fruit of the Tree of Life and lives forever.

Now how is it that the word we are can be interpreted as a basis for a monotheistic culture?

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Well, more than one. It would explain Eve, wouldn't it? Adam in gods image, Eve in godess image. That easily explains we and makes sense.

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 10:52 PM
link   
What you saying does not make any sense at all. God was not referring to either of them . He was talking about them in the sense that they now had become like "we are." Reflecting other individuals than Adam and Eve.

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Yes, Illuminati67, that is exactly what I'm saying, that I have much better understanding of my faith than a non-Christian. That is backed up by the Bible. It is a book of mystery to you as you don't have the Holy Spirit (one of the Trinity) in your heart, guiding you and helping you understand.
The New Testament should make it plain enough to where even you could understand, if you actually wanted to.
As far as a "typical" Christian, I have no idea what that is, and I seriously doubt you do. That was a pretty stupid thing for you to say.

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Thomas, don't need to be christian to read the book of death(bible). For that what it is, a book of god killing millions, that lead to christians killing millions. God kills innocent Egyptians because their leader did something. He killed his son.(He knows all, so he knew his son was going to die if he sent him, so he either sacrificed him, or technically murdered him) He killed a mans family and freinds and workers to prove to satan that the guy would still worship him.

With that as an example, no wonder christians went to war with everyone who was different. Crusades, Inqusitions, trials, of course, none compare to the king of slaughter, christian god. How many millions died because of the flood? Because of all the plagues? Because of the people he killed to booster his ego in front of satan? No wonder christians(especially catholics) are so messed up. If my god and goddess went out and killed millions and it was considered right, I'd be messed up to.

Of course, truth reply, you wrong, those weren't christians who killed millions, and god can do what he wants. Thomas reply, those weren't christians who lead crusades and Inqusitions and trials.(even though crusades ordered by popes, Inqusition lead by catholic church, and festivals were often held on church grounds when a mass hanging/beheading happened agaisnt the accused) and god can do what he wants.

By the way, if Adam and Eve were created in our image, and Adam in gods image, who Eve in image of? Goddess. Makes sense, if they keep saying we and our, it would mean two or more. But that if you know what they mean. Some christians don't seem to figure out that we and our mean more than one.

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 04:10 PM
link   

By the way, if Adam and Eve were created in our image, and Adam in gods image, who Eve in image of? Goddess.

Ho I see what you are saying wrong. Image as in a reproduction or imitation of the form of a person or thing; especially : an imitation in solid form :

Which means two legs, arms, torso with all the parts and head. Alternatively it could imply awareness or the capacity to do what we do. But as far as goddesses the Christian and Judaic faith essentially has non.

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 05:25 PM
link   
You right, women rarely appear, and when they do, they evil. Eve got us kicked out of heaven. Some woman a freind of Jesus was a "scarlet" woman. A woman wanted the heart of John the Baptist. Women are the ones blamed when something bad happens.

Only one woman appears that isn't evil Mary. Of course, she may not have been a slut, but still had sex with her husband Joseph. For back then virgin meant young woman. Of course, what words mean don't really matter to christians. Come on, our and we mean more than one, but to christians it doesn't. Virgin meant young woman, but not to christians. God kills millions which is evil, but not to christians. Christians are delusional brainwashed sheep. BAAAAAAA!!!!!

Also, if she was married to Joseph, why weren't they having sex? Isn't that one reason why people marry? Steady sex? Which leads to steady babies, which cuts back on the steady sex.

But still, bible edited, millions of editors, millions of edits, why you think there are so many versions? Theres about what? 50 versions? or only 47? Something like that. Of course, different branches have different versions, and how many branches? Luthren(ern?), methodist, catholic, just to name three of the couple dozen.

Why do you expect people to accept what you say when you can't even agree what it says?

[Edited on 28-12-2002 by James the Lesser]

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Not sure what you are talking about James whatever (warned at the same time as JamesG despite the fact he actually did nothing) Young women even today are checked to make sure they were Virgins (monthly). It is a simply thing to do and in those days the penalty was stoning. Single parent births are very common but in usually results in a female. Such births, which are result in a male, are extremely rare.

Its part of the problem in relation to the welfare system This that there are cases yearly. In which a conception and birth occurs in where there is no genetic father.

James whatever I really do not think you have any idea what you are talking about. Perhaps if you spent less time pretending to know and more time learning about these subjects you would not appear to be so ignorant.

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Ok, didn't answer my question. If they were married, why no sex? Toltec, don't turn into truth.

And what the f do you mean warning JamesG at same time even though he did nothing?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join