It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phophetic Dream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I have repeatedley had a dream in which I am flying through the air, I can see everything, and people but they do not notice me. In these dreams I see people in their homes, peeking out of windows, like they are scared or something, I see cars sitting all over the streets, I see that stores are abandoned and look as though they were just looted, with items all over the ground that are apparently useless. I see the sky and it looks as though it is burning. The entire time I am dreaming I keep hearing a name, it is repeated over and over, and I feel like it is saying this is either why things are like I am seeing them, or possibly has something to do with the way things will be, not sure really what the name means. I thought about the name though, I had never heard of the person or place I was hearing, but tonight I found out that it is a real person. The name is Tolstoy. Any thoughts about this guys?

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Well I just went and read up a little on who Tolsoty was, I am really confused as to what he has to do with my dreams. Seems he was a writer and comunist, but was a pacifist, and had even inspired Ghandi and Martin Luther King with his non violent way of thinking. He wrote War and Peace. Only thing I can figure he has to do with the dream is maybe it means the world will be the way Tolstoy wished it to be after whatever event I see buring the sky! The voice I hear say his name actually says 'this is Tolstoy' though.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Just thought I would check back and see, not one reply yet, I am dissapointed. It is bugging me, the vision I have of the burning sky is unlike anything I have ever seen both real or from the movies, and the repeated dream worries me.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Are you aware that you are dreaming when you have this dream, are you lucid? Do you have any control over your actions? The reason I ask is, if you can control you actions, then why not try and discover the date of this incident. How to go about that, well I'm not sure. Maybe you could home in on a newspaper or tune into a radio station. Its just a thought. Of course it may be nothing to worry about and you may find some peace of mind by having your dream analyzed. Sorry I don't have any experience in this field.
I know prophetic dreams really happen though as I have had a number myself. Fortunately mine have not been scary.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The thing that Tolstoy is most famous for is his book, 'War and Peace' - it seems likely that even if you weren't really aware of Tolstoy on a conscious level that you could have picked this up from the media on a subconscious level at some point. It's possible that your dream is examining a state of being that has to do with that topic of war & peace. In times of war, during lulls in conflict when one might assume that people would enjoy a brief period of peace, it seems that at times they tend rather to be more fearful and to spend the time wondering what is going to hit them next and when - at least, I have heard this said by folk who went through WWII here. The scene that you describe in your dream sounds like an illustration of that type of condition. That may be the relevance of Tolstoy - I doubt the actual content of the book itself would be of relevance, but the words of the title may be. If the dream is prophetic, and it sounds like it may have that quality that prophetic dreams tend to have - then it may be forewarning of a time when such a state may be experienced.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ashflash

I suppose I am aware because I can wake up and as long as I don't get up from my sleeping spot I can go right back to the dream, as far as control in my dreams I don't think I have any. Whenever I try to do anything 'free will' it is like it just won't happen, and the dream just keeps backing up and starting over. I have always had flying dreams, I believe I have seen most of this earth in my dreams, I see mostly bad things though. Example: for about a year when I was in first grade I dreamed I would fly to what I now know was some kind of prison, located in a sandy desert. I could see the misery of the men and could not move away from them, it was like I had to watch. One of the men could see me, and would talk to me, but it was another language I didn't know. Some dreams I would have were so disturbing I spent a lot of time out of school, for lack of sleep, I didn't want to go to sleep.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
intresting indeed! I've had a few dreams like you have only they didn't repeat. I've had 1 single dream in 3 parts and someone that I didn't even know when I had the dream, had part of the same dream. We didn't know this until, we met each other a 3 years later.

Of one in particular dream, I walked outside my mom house in NE Portland, and the sky was a reddish black and the moon was so big, it was like I could almost touch it. It was almost a blood red. Houses were burned or damaged, streets were cracked, some massively. It was like a nuke had gone off.

Back to your dream. Personally, I've never had a dream that would repeat itself. I know others that have had them though.

Stalin took his shoe off during a UN meeting and slammed it on the pedestal and said .. "We may not take the US from without....but we will take you from within"..

I think they have for a very long time...

Tolstoy, just did a search on him in Wikipedia.. intresting bit of read. If I were you, I'd read the entire document. There's alot of intresting.....stuff.

I'll U2U ya.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Hi Space Cadet

I believe that your dream is one of two things...

1. You were Tolstoy in a previous life; or

2. You are meant to research the life and writings of this Tolstoy person.

Either way, it would be beneficial for you to research this person:-

Count Lev Nikolayevich Tolstoy (September 9 [O.S. August 28] 1828 – November 20 [O.S. November 7] 1910) (Russian: Лев Никола́евич Толсто́й, Russian pronunciation: [lʲɛv nʲɪkɐˈlaɪvʲɪtɕ tɐlˈstoj] listen (help·info)), commonly referred to in English as Leo (Lyof, Lyoff) Tolstoy, was a Russian writer – novelist, essayist, dramatist and philosopher – as well as pacifist Christian anarchist and educational reformer. He was the most influential member of the aristocratic Tolstoy family.

As a fiction writer, Tolstoy is widely regarded as one of the greatest of all novelists, particularly noted for his masterpieces War and Peace and Anna Karenina. In their scope, breadth and realistic depiction of 19th-century Russian life, the two books stand at the peak of realist fiction. As a moral philosopher Tolstoy was notable for his ideas on nonviolent resistance through works such as The Kingdom of God is Within You, which in turn influenced such twentieth-century figures as Mohandas K. Gandhi[1] and Martin Luther King, Jr.

I hope I have been of help in some way.

Kindest regards,

Dobbie

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Dobbie

Thank you Dobbie for your thoughts. Interesting, I am aspiring to write a book, and I have always been good with poetry, I put on a tough facade but honestly I am a true pacifist, as I now know Tolstoy was. I found it to be an enigma that I was dreaming of such a violent sky and somber scene and hearing 'this is Tolstoy' , and then find out he was all about non violence!

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
what a yecchy dream vision,
deserted streets filled with abandoned cars, stores empty, people behind window curtains, a burning sky.

my flying visions are lengthly episodes of soaring over rolling landscapes of unbroken forest lands (go to a high lookout at the blue ridge mountains for a comparison image) with an unending noon day sun & pastoral skies.

But your scenario
with all those broken and rusted parts of a former civilization
and shadowy silhouettes of people in hiding...

maybe it's 'Wishfull Thinking' on your part,

the people in your personal dream vision deserve their lot
and are reaping what they've sown, which is why they are in hiding,
social order is nonexistant with the already vandalized stores and the broken transportation systems.... the streets are empty of people,
there are no scavangers, no rioters, no bandits... the streets are empty.

And the sky is filled with burning, roiling, storm clouds....

(shudder...) hope it gets better

?
didn't Tolstoy consort with the likes of Stalin & Lenin, but they conspired to shove his ideas for their new society out the door

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
well personall i had dreams like u guyz, like everything waz chaotic in the streets and everyone waz scared and rushing, idk why we have these type of dreams

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tati.12

I have had another dream, related I think to this same dream, the skies were again burning, but this time I saw nothing else, as though everything was obliterated, I flew and flew and everywhere I went there was nothing but red burning skies and dirt, then I saw a little boy, he had his back to me, and I could see his arm moving , I went in front of him and he was eating something, he looked up at me and smiled, reached out like he was trying to touch me, and I rose way up into the air, he watched me rise up, as I went up I heard moans and crying, below me the little boy was smiling and waving at me. Weird, I know, but the continued thing with the burning skies ties this dream to the others. But what does it mean?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Occasionally, when I sleep in too long I remember flying in my dreams. There are a few things that are constant with these dreams.

The day light is somewhat dim.
I fly as if I am swimming underwater.
I am always worried about the power lines when I fly.

This third issue makes me mad in my dreams because I seem to spend more of my time on the ground because I'm affraid of the confounded dangerous power lines. If you were superman you too would have to mind the tangled mess of phone/power lines.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

I have noticed in my flying dreams that I too am ducking and going around different items, I don't think it has ever been a power line, but I have flown around buildings, along side a car, dodging other cars.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Funny how the mind is still bound by rules as if it was the real thing in a dream. We have the supernatural power of flight but we can't go through physical objects. Strange how the mind works when it's running on its own.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I wanted to come on and post my latest strange dream. I have to say first that I beleive that we are not alone in the universe, I think it would be ignorant to assume we are alone. I have always thought it to be a litte arrogant of us to think that an alien would look like us, or even have the same similar anatomy at all ( such as having a head, arms, legs, ect). Okay about the dream now....

I am lying on a blankey with my hunny when we noticed the stars , there were suddenly thousands more stars in the sky, so many that the sky was practically fully lit, and I started to hear gunshots, and a laser like sound in the distance, I looked at my husband and said that I had read about a massive flyover, and he didn't have a clue what I was talking about, I looked up and saw literally thousands of ships in the sky! They were black , almost bat shaped ships, small , like one or two man ships, and very flat. Each one had a glow around them, like a LED digital light, a light blueish glow. They were everywhere. We realized that something was going on and instictively sought somewhere to hide, we ran under a set of steps to a nearby building, and hid there while we saw men in odd suits with helmets , all kind of small men, with some kind of guns, running into the building we were hiding under. We heard the laser like sounds in the building and stayed quiet, soon they ran out and on to the next building, we peeked out and the streets were full of these men.

top topics

join