It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious UFO invades lounge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Mysterious UFO invades lounge

www.stuff.co.nz

Mystery today surrounded an unidentified flying object that smashed through the roof of a Hawke's Bay house, landing on the lounge floor yesterday.
----
It was first thought a small mechanical part had fallen from a small plane, but the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has discounted that theory.

CAA spokesman Bill Sommers told NZPA an aeronautical engineer studied the part and found it was not from a plane.
----
He also discounted the object coming from outer space.

"It's not the kind of thing you'd want to put into space because it's too heavy," Mr Sommer said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

The metal object had rust on it, was about 11cm long, 4.5cm wide and weighed about a kilogram, Mr Sommer said.

Goodness me this guy was lucky he was in another room, this would easily kill someone. It is extremely heavy for its size

Since the experts have eliminated a plane (the part) and space vehicle (weight). I am speculating whether this could indeed come from a space vehicle that is not ours.

Since it is heavy and weight is so crucial for our spacecrafts, would a civilization that understands spacecraft better, not be too worried with weight?

In saying that i do think the object does look rather man-made, but who knows what alien objects look like. This thing had to of come from somewhere.

www.stuff.co.nz
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
To me it looks like a break caliper/shim. Whatever it is, I don't think it's from space.

It'd be good to know what the writing says on it, maybe the aliens have English as their native language.

[edit on 17-4-2008 by mattguy404]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Looks like part of a large pipe flange. And I doubt aliens would stamp ASBURY on something.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
it looks like it has English writing on it, definitely extraterrestrial...

What its say?

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I agree with the above poster, this looks like part of a brake caliper, and very possible came off a truck, i have seen these break off and fly huge distances under extreme breaking, how it flew up in the air with enough force to break through a roof is beyond me, I would be interested to see if there is a breaking yard nearby or if there was an accident in the vicinity,

But yes IMO it is part of the front breaking caliper off a truck of some kind, im probably wrong usually am.

However Selby manufacture car parts for formula ford racing cars.

www.australianautoparts.com.au...

While there are no pictures i could find in the time i have, the picture looks like the object is ceramic, and ceramic brake pads are common in race cars and the object has selby engraved into it.

[edit on 17/4/2008 by azzllin]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
If you look closely, it says ASBURY.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
You can see where it shattered as well, any metal that thick snaps, it's going o ping!!

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Who says ET's are not of earth origin? or that they don't reside here?
But that's a different topic.

I don't see where is says 'ASBURY' as the only thing that resembles an 'A' is the crease in the metal.

I do agree that 'SBURY' is the lettering stamped on it:

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
--ASELEY?
--ASBURY?
There's too much wear to tell what it says from the image.

However, the break on that ring does depict it was under allot of stress before it took it's flight.

Does the house in question exist within slingshot range of any loading docks or cranes in operation?
You see what I'm getting at?

My thinking is that the metal was being used as part of a junction between some high tension lines... one side snapped, and the metal junction went flying.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Well here is a Asbury metal fabrication company in Jersey. I cant very well explain how this would come through someone roof.

www.contractspot.com...

or

ASHLEY Metals Inc.

The diversity of our product line affords us the opportunity supply steel and services to many different industries, including the following: Tool & Die, MOLDING, STAMPING, AEROSPACE, AUTOMOTIVE, Electronic, Manufacturing and C.N.C. Machining. Our approach to the market is to offer value-added product lines. This is achieved by cleaning, de-burring, grinding, turning, boring and production cutting our product prior to delivery to our customers

www.metalworld.com...

Again, I have no explanation for this metal to come crashing through someone roof. Maybe this company imports to New Zealand?

[edit on 19-4-2008 by Master_Wii]

[edit on 19-4-2008 by Master_Wii]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Just for some closure on this story:

The mysterious object that ploughed through the roof of a house in Whakatu in Hawke's Bay, has been identified.

The chunk of iron was originally thought to be from a light plane that had flown near the house at the time.

Police now believe the object is part of a wood splitter machine. Sergeant Bob Gordon of Hastings says the speed at which such a machine revs, could explain how the chunk of metal had smashed through the roof with force.

Original Source: UFO identified

[edit on 22/5/2008 by SilentShadow]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattguy404
To me it looks like a break caliper/shim. Whatever it is, I don't think it's from space.

[edit on 17-4-2008 by mattguy404]

Your dead on! That is a brake component if i ever saw one.
I have personally had a spacing block shoot out from an old truck of mines suspension. It made it 3 blocks down the road before it hit some nice old ladies garden box and busted right through it. I was going less than thirty but as soon as I hit just the right bump it went sailing like a missile that woulda easily killed someone.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
This has been/is being discussed over in the UFO forum HERE

You may want to check it out

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
This has been/is being discussed over in the UFO forum HERE

You may want to check it out

Actually you should send those people over here lol... this thread was created two days earlier than that one.

EDIT: Was heading over to post the conclusion to this story, but i noticed it has been posted also. Good to see this over.

[edit on 21/5/2008 by SilentShadow]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Why would you see this english writing etched into the metal and somehow think this is of alien origin? I really wish people would debunk the likely scenarios first before going off and making wild claims about UFO's when absolutely nothing points to that.

-ChrIS

link   
DBL POST

[edit on 21-5-2008 by BlasteR]

link   
I thought I would point out that there is also an Asbury metal machining company in Oklahoma. Given that it is a solid chunk of metal it would have needed such machining would it not?

www.macraesbluebook.com...

-ChriS

[edit on 21-5-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
How did this get 2 flags???? It is in ENGLISH? I am proposing that this part was made in Iran!! We will have a press conference on it in the near future.....

new topics

top topics

join