It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A continuous short story about a supernova... Your additions welcome...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Add to the story up to 1 paragraph, you can make the paragraph as large as you want... But please no more than 1 to keep posts short...

This story is about when the sun supernova's... Use your imagination and lets see how interesting we can make this... Try not to get off topic... Thanks...

Ok let me start it off...

Woke up this morning, yawned and looked outside. It was brighter than normal or so it seemed. I payed no attention and headed into the living room. I turned on the TV and started a pot of coffee. Still a little grawgy I stumble into the bathroom to take my morning shower. It feels good, nice and warm helps wake me up and relaxes me before work. I throw on my robe and fix myself a cup of coffee. As I go to sit down I pick up the paper and turn to look at the temperature as I always do... I notice it's about 15 degrees hotter than yesterday... No big deal... I shrug it off and fix a bole of cereal and get dressed for work. (It's 8:43am and I'm heading to work)

[edit on 17-4-2008 by ElectricUncleSam]

[edit on 18-4-2008 by ElectricUncleSam]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The drive to work was the same, I listened to the radio and shoved down a bagel before arriving at work... I park and go into work, a nice building about 20 stories high, shinny windows and brilliant marble floors leading up to the elevators... A nice breeze always blew through the building making it very comfortable... I entered the elevator and pressed 20 on the dial... In about 10 seconds you're up, the elevator goes pretty fast... Makes your stomach go all googly... Happens to me every time I use it, blah i hate this elevator... I step out and head down the hall to my office which allowed sun in during the morning but not during the after noon.. It was arranged nicely, had a nice desk a few file cabinets, a computer, some plants, a comfortable chair, black with silver lining and a small couch and coffee table made of marble.. It's nice what can I say?

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I kick back and sip on my cup of coffee and notice the day seemed very bright... I can normally look down on the people entering the building, the cars driving by on the speed way, etc.... It's something I do every morning... But today I can't stand to look out the window...! I really don't think anything about this, except that it's rather strange... So I pull the blinds and boot up my computer... I trade stocks so we're looking at 4 monitors and really nice setup... On one of my screens I keep the news open, your MSNBC, CNN and ATS mainly... And I happen across something really interesting this day...

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Scientists report that the sun had 36 meteor impacts at around 10:20pm the night before... That these impacts have caused some stress on the Sun... I always read news or stories about space... It interests me... As I read on the report says for a few days we might experience strange occurrences possible power outages and even hotter temperatures... Then I remember when I checked the temperature it was 15 degrees above normal... I read on and find that scientists are monitoring the Sun with extreme scrutiny.. Not that this makes me feel any better...

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
So not taking things too seriously I finish up my day and don't really notice much change... I leave down the darn elevator again, through the lobby and on outside to my car... I drive an Audi, nice enough... One thing I do notice is a huge hit of hot air... What the heck... That's odd.. It's over 90 degrees and the sun is setting... I hope it doesn't get any worse... I wonder how many people know of this... I get to my car and of all things turn on my air conditions... It'd December and really it's not supposed to be this hot... It's got me concerned... A little panic struck to be honest... All the things I've read on ATS maybe something is really happening... On my way home I stop at the convenient store to grab an energy drink... I make small talk with the clerk and talk about the sun... She new about it too and luckily she shared the same feelings I did... I kept asking myself, I wonder how quick this energy from the Sun might hit us... I imagined it would be pretty fast, the speed of light maybe? I get home and slowly walk up the drive way just in time to catch the sun going under the horizon... It doesn't seem larger to me, i think to myself... I go in the house and quickly turn on the TV and switch it to the first news channel I found... Sure enough the Sun story is priority 1...

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The reporter said the top executives of our government were being moved to shelters for safety and they urged anyone who had a basement or other form of taking shelter they should do so... That the impact on the Sun and the amount of energy could cause harmful radiation damage if you're exposed to it... Holy crap I think! I was exposed to this yesterday! I shake my head... I don't have a basement... In fact nobody over here does... I could drive to a friends 200 miles away and risk Sun damage... No I can't do that... I wonder what the temperature is... Oh God its 107 degrees! And there are kids playing in the water OUTSIDE! I yell at the children, "YOU NEED TO GET INSIDE!" and explain why... The parents look at me like I'm crazy or something... One even said, "You gotta cool off some how and a I can't afford to run my air conditioner this time of year.".. Well I'm going in... I draw the drapes and grab a beer... I think I'll call Charlie... He's a good friend of mine from way back...

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Hey Charlie what's up man! Not much he says... Can you believe this *hit man? No I say... Ahh man the temperature has gone up and it's still going up, I say.... ya I know I have my AC all the way up right now, he says.. Do you have a basement by chance? I ask... No sorry man, I'm thinking of boarding up the house and hopin my AC keeps workin, this is way too crazy... he says... Ya man I had better prepare as well... Don't know how much worse this might get and with the top exec's bailing I think that's a sign we need to if we can.. We can't though it seems... I said... I'll talk to soon man... I hang up the phone and start to think of ways I can protect myself... Since I don't want to go back outside...

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
So I know this sounds crazy, but I start to line the entire outside of my windows and such with tin foil... I don't have any wood so that's going to have to work... I mean if I can reflect the light then no problem right? I spend the next couple hours doing this and decide to go to bed... I have a hard time sleeping and keep having dreams about the sun engulfing the earth... Nightmares more or less... I mean it's been a rough day... I get about 6 hours of broken sleep and wake up restless.. I'm a little strung out to be honest... It's still dark, I turn the TV on and still the same type of news... Doesn't look like the other side of the world was any different than here... They warmed up as well, but nothing terrible... Only a few deaths, which is sad, but expected in such high temperatures... Japan reported 109 degrees... They also report the poles took a hit with about 16 major chunks breaking off and splashing into the ocean... That's can't be good... It's like instant green house... Like we're being cooked... What the hell is going on here?

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I decide to check the thermometer to see if the heat vented away during the night... Oh thank God, it's only 76 degrees... It's half normal again... Hopefully the problems of yesterday will not be upon us today... I notice the Sun is starting to rise, a little earlier than yesterday actually... hmmm... I peal back some of the foil and can barely stand the glare coming over the horizon... I quickly retreat and begin pacing... I have the strong urge to run, to flee, to find a place which is more secure... But where, there is nowhere, now you see my dilemma? All I have is the news, i called work earlier and everyone has the day off due to this strange phenomena... All of a sudden a huge pressure wave blasts through walls and through me, felt like someone punched me in the stomach.. Electrical appliances are starting to spark, the TV smokes and turns off! There is a loud pitch in my ears, like after you hear something really loud... I can feel my mouth moving but can't seem to hear... I start to panic.. I decide it's time to run, I open the door only to be engulfed by light... It's so bright most everything is white... I'm squinting so much my eyes are almost closed... Blocking it with my hand, but that's not helping... The whole time taking in radiation, I can feel it pulsating through my body... Am I going blind? Is this the end? The heat is almost unbearable.. The Sun is becoming a supernova... I've got to find shelter... I can't see... I touch my hand on the hood of a car, don't know if it's mine or not... and my hand sizzles! Jesus that's hot! Then all of a sudden poof!

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I know I'm still here, but where is here.. I know I can feel and smell and breath if I wanted too... But I don't really feel the need... I'm conscience of everything even though it's all white now... Wait... What is that... There in the distance? Looks almost brighter than the whiteness... Like a star almost... Seems rather far away...........pooof! ok, now I'm getting a little freaked out... Did I just warp to the object... Because there it is... I'm confused what is going on? All of a sudden it's as if I'm enveloped in a three dimensional mist... My eyes must be playing tricks on me! Maybe it's the radiation? Seems like my vision is sharpening a bit... But I can't really make anything out... I mean I know I'm still here.. Is this the Sun? Am I still on Earth?

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
In my mind I am talking to myself... Am I talking to myself? No, says a voice... Do you have a question for me?, says the voice... First thought that came in to my mind was along the lines of WT* is going on here... This is an unconditional gift it is free, the voice says... I think, what do you mean where am I? You are with me son, the voice says, you are in heaven with me now, the voice says.... All of a sudden I'm overwhelmed with a feeling of joy and content, the darkness and light go from mist to all light... Hard to explain, but like the light is there, but no light source is evident... However, this is not of my concern but simply an observation... Also something very cool! I can see 360 degrees in every direction! It never struck me as strange either... hm.. I ask the voice, what do I do now? The voice replies, what is it you wish to do?

new topics

top topics

join