It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is HOPELESS!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
That's right, don't listen to anyone who may disagree with you. Only listen to those people who will agree with everything you say.

Alright, then, I'll do that
Welcome to my ignore list. You have proven yourself a sharky person too many times for me to take such responses seriously...

When I say ignore skeptics, I mean don't try to convert people - don't try to make the blind see.

If you don't consider yourself blind, you should not take offense to that comment. Unless you are a know it all and a confrontational braggart... which I believe I have already determined

Have a nice day.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
don't try to make the blind see.

Do you see the irony in that? "I'll put you on ignore....because I don't want to see what you're saying".....

How much ya' wanna' bet, those that you call "skeptics" have the shortest ignore lists?

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver

Learn to ignore skeptics for one. They are everywhere, even on these boards. If you can manage to ignore skeptics and not get worked up at the 'sheep' you will find yourself learning more and more - and one day you will come across an open-minded person and blow their mind.

[edit on 17-4-2008 by NewWorldOver]

Great advice! Yes, to the OP. Absolutely, ignore skeptics. Seek out those who would only nod their heads in agreement with you (they're not sheep though, because the follow the truth). Skepticism is a cancer that allows people to probe BS logically and come to reasonable conclusions, so stay away. NewWorldOver obviously knows that skepticism is anathema to everything you believe in. STAY AWAY from that POISON at all costs! Believe everything.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Come on folks,

You know the saying: 'An eye for an eye makes the whole World blind', Mahatma Gandhi, (the true enlightened one).

Can I make an observation - where are all the enlightened 'Shepherds' that will lead us out of the mire? I cannot believe in this day and age people are being referred to as 'sheeple' - its really starting to wear thin on me. So much for intellectual dialouge and conversation.

Its ignorance personified by those who espouse to be 'enlightened' or 'learned' to be judging those who do not believe, as being 'sheep'. Is there any chance that this term may cease to be used on ATS??

Its amazing how simple points of view can make us humans (not sheeple - whatever that means) turn against each other to the point that we ignore eachother.

I suppose thats what make us human! It makes 2012 seem a long long way away for those who believe that this is the period of enlightenment.

Just an observation - don't ignore or shoot me for it - that would just put the icing on the cake and make this whole 'enlightenment' issue as farce as the 911 debacle!

Brei.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
*I'm going to attempt to do this civilly*

Enlighten me on something I do not understand. How is it that your average 9/11 conspiracy theorist can take a handfull of issues that *might* conflict with the official story if some constraints and some imagination is applied to them and loosely construct a scenario whereby the government is conducting a huge cover-up, is responsible for the attacks, demolished the buildings themselves, etc that is absolutely full of holes and missing information... and then criticize what they call "sheeple" for not seeing the smaller holes in the official story?

I will admit, if you were to pile up all of the different theories and conspiracy ideas around 9/11 and add them all together, that whole big ball would be an impressive bit of evidence to use against the official story, making for a very interesting court case. Unfortunately, every conspiracy theory doesn't just conflict with the official story, they also conflict with each other. For example... in one theory it wasn't even a 757 that flew into the towers, but a smaller plane after which the photos were doctored to make the hole look larger, but then you have the 757 had a remote controlled pod attached to it in one picture under the right wing, but then you have to consider an eye witness claimed it wasn't a commercial plane because it had no windows, but then you have a theory that says the plane couldn't have arced into the building that quickly, but then you have to consider the theory it was hit by a missle because one frame of one of the videos taken shows what might have been a missle approaching the plane, but then you have to consider the theory that there were no planes and the buildings were hit by rockets while they filmed planes hitting some building inside a quanset hutt in the deserts of New Mexico.... *pant, pant* You see, call me a sheep if you wish, but in reality I see the sheep as being the man who doesn't even bother to step back and say "Whoa, we've got a whole slew of little tiny ideas floating around that can't gell with each other, so let's not jump the gun and pile aboard a bandwagon that is carrying a bunch of people who are so desperate to believe in some conspiracy, any conspiracy surrounding 9/11 that they don't even see that none of their ideas agree with each other, either."

Exactly how do you get around this and not ever bother to see the conflict of interest between each other, let alone between yourselves and the majority of people who believe the official story. There's an old saying that says "If you look for the most likely explanation of anything, you'll probably find the truth." Guess what? We sheep are grazing in the fields of the most likely explanation, not to mention the one with the fewest holes.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by thetruth777

There has been a great deal of good advice offered on this thread already. To gain a valid and intelligent response you need to submit a valid and intelligent theory.

If there is an issue you care deeply about, then do some deep research and develop your own case based on some substantiated facts. This will at least lend some credibility to your argument. There is nothing wrong with adding your theory in the process, but you need to have a little meat on the bones to begin with. Particularly if you are attempting to change peoples' opinion.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I think it is the obligation of every ATS member to take what you know "outside the circle".

What I have been TRYING to do on Yahoo Answers.

I think every ATS member should get out either on Yahoo Answers, or on the street; every ATS member should inform other people either through posts in forums, or through word of mouth.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I think it is the obligation of every ATS member to take what you know "outside the circle".

I think every ATS member should get out either on Yahoo Answers, or on the street; every ATS member should inform other people either through posts in forums, or through word of mouth.

Oh, and now I can see why Alex Jones gets annoyed by the active deniers...

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

It's good that you're trying, no doubt about it.

Just remember that sometimes you can preach to the choir - believe it or not you don't need the internet to be able to poke holes in what the media tells us.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

the only reason we can dismiss what your trying to prove so easily is because we already heard your story. its too hard to believe and there is no evidence at all that even makes it possible

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Thetruth777 has jumped ship over to another thread - talking about telling people the way it should be and then abandoning them!! Cheap salesman technique.

And this thread had promise.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Well, regardless of what the actual truth is, my experience is that, most people will go to any length to avoid "the negative." The last thing most people want to hear is anything that bursts their bubbles.

We live in a hedonistic society that only wants to experience and feel pleasure. It is interesting that the Bible says; that in the end, there will be much weeping and gnashing of the teeth. Won't be any surprise, will it?

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

in the end, there will be much weeping and gnashing of the teeth.

Thats just made my night! Cheers Matrix.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixProphet
Well, regardless of what the actual truth is, my experience is that, most people will go to any length to avoid "the negative."

Not only that, they will go out of their way to hee and haw at others for inspecting things that do not fit their conception of reality. Not only is this a form of dogma, it is also a form of psychosis. The world is afraid to admit that certain things go on in the world, let alone do something about it...

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth777

Great Idea, agree all the way. It can start out small, for instance, on yahoo answers, just answer peoples questions on govermnet/poltics on something about "don't care, goverment cover-up... elaborate" great idea. Totally Agree

[edit on 19-4-2008 by wilmiester]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
My thoughts are; we are not supposed to attract all the public. The public (if they question) will approach us. It is a "Program of attraction - not promotion!" Do what you want, but my experience (and it is a lot), you will get hammered more than you can imagine.

I am a searcher of truth like many on ATS. I had to go searching for it, rarely was it given to me. There are times when providence makes a way for one to speak and usually the words come easily. I wait to be shown and then usually nothing will stop me!

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Create another thread with a different name same message as you got shot down in the other one.
Can we say beating a dead horse?

It's here.......
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

[edit on 20-4-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
THEY HAVE TAKEN DOWN MY YAHOO ANSWERS POST!!!

Looks like they really ARE cracking down on activists!

This proves that Yahoo Answers is either loyal to and/or controlled by the government.

Anyone got my post copied down?

Anyone going to use Y&A the way I use it?

Getting my post taken down only serves to show that they DO have something to hide.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
You know, something happened to me the other day...

A few days ago, I send a CNN message about Oil (I know I must be crazy). I found this fourm online totally dedicated to discussing alternating energy, and 'Peak Oil' and it was fasinating, by far the best thing I have seen. It was not one of those sites that you find right away on google, it was a small, dedicated group of researchers that put much effort into this.

I sent CNN and link and a very detailed message why this should be on the news, and it was shot down, since I sent it a while ago on CNN's acual site, and got a response there, I do not have a copy of the acual message, but it went something like this:

Dear Willie..

We find your respose to be complety false because of unverifiable information. We also recomned you in the future to not send in any 'joke' news, so your account will be shut down...

I was appualed

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
You may need to educate people on the definition of the word conspiracy and that in reality, conspiracies happen every day all around the world.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join