It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is HOPELESS!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
OK, I started this thread on Yahoo Answers in an attempt to inform some folks of what's going on.

I wrote a short summary of government tactics, 9/11, and media censorship. That summary ALONE should excite interest in the reader.

Then I posted links to documentaries. Come on, you see something like that, you will at least be TEMPTED to watch the doc!

But NO; they just say "conspiracy theorist" and ignore my post and my links. I offer documentation, and the average sheeple is SO CONDITIONED that we're kooks that he finds himself "too good for" Alex Jones.

Too good for Fox News of American Idol? Noooooo...

Too good to even EXAMINE, even CONSIDER the fact that the govt. uses manipulation tactics.

The average sheep is SO CONDITIONED that we are a free nation, and MSM never lies, and to even CONSIDER a conspiracy is taboo.

This shows THE LEVEL OF INDOCTRINATION OF THE AVERAGE SHEEP!

I tell them about govt. conspiracies, offer FREE KNOWLEDGE, and the sheeple are TOO GOOD to even EXPLORE that possibility!

To be honest, I never realized how complete the brainwashing is, but now I do.

Just 2 questions:

1. How does the media and education produce such docile sheep?I mean, they are PROGRAMMED to STAY AWAY from the Truth Movement!

and 2. If posting information and video links will not inform the sheeple, then WHAT WILL?

P.S. Sorry I used the word "sheeple". Just read my Yahoo Answers thread and you will see what i mean.

answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=A9FJu9Lk3gdIkJ4A5hIjzKIX;_ylv=3?qid=20080417143455AA0UjFs

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by thetruth777

Listen, you posted some interesting stuff, but you're being overzealous on a forum that you knew wouldn't accept your story.

I believe you, as do many others. But you need to STOP using SUCH EMOTION when YOU TYPE!!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I agree with Santa,

What is truth to you may not be to others - you need to accept this. (P.s. alternative views does not equal truth, just a different opinion. If we all belived the same about everything would that not make us clones nevermind sheep?).

It appears as if you are trying to force your views down other peoples' (not sheeples') throats!!

I am still not off the fence on most issues (ufo, general conspiracies etc) and if you ''told'' me the way the world works, I would tell you to take a jump.
Does that make me ''conditioned''?

Anyway, thought I would just respond as your thread anoyed me the first time I read it. No hard feelings - just my 'opinion'.

Brei.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
(Breifne) could not have read my mind better.
so put us both down for that post. I wouldn't change a word of what
he wrote.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Has it not occurred to the sheeple to watch TERRORSTERM, as I suggested?

Had I been a sheep and seen that post, that would have sparked curiosity, and I WOULD HAVE watched the docs.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
DAMN SHEEP WHY DON'T THEY ALL JUST BAA-BAA THEMSELVES DOWN A %$#*ING MINE SHAFT AND .... *deep breaths*

It sucks that you get so worked up about it. That's a sign that conspiracy theories might not be the area for you.

Don't get too involved in them. Especially if you feel like you need to show others or prove to them something - trust me - you will only be disappointed and grow to hate the world for being stupid.

Conspiracy theories are touchy for a reason. They require a re-check of reality. Most people have no clue what reality is to begin with - they are not willing or ready to examine their reality.

If you are examining reality with a new eye, stick with people who see through the same eye. Don't try to make the blind see. They are comfortable being blind and I think you are learning that and it's just frustrating you...

Learn to ignore skeptics for one. They are everywhere, even on these boards. If you can manage to ignore skeptics and not get worked up at the 'sheep' you will find yourself learning more and more - and one day you will come across an open-minded person and blow their mind.

It happens to me all the time - it's because I don't scare people away at first - I test the waters to see if they can handle it. Usually they are scared to consider the darker things - but be patient.

[edit on 17-4-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Why do you think Microsoft is so interested in Yahoo and willing to pay so little for it?

Welcome to ATS- get ready for the responses you were looking for on Yahoo. This time they will be quite REAL. Also there are several Yahoolian mentalities floating about on ATS well. At least you will hit some amazing intellects on ATS...Ignore the rest- because the "rest" are the reason the powers that be couldn't care less about the rest of us.

Example:

Yahoo users:

ATS users:

I have always find that pictures say a thousand words!

[edit on 17-4-2008 by dk3000]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I just read your Yahoo Answers questions...and it is typical of every post you have made on ATS.

You do not present any evidence other than "A video on YouTube says so," or "Fox News is lying." You do not say how or why other than "It has to be true because the YouTube video says so!" That is not evidence, but opinion. You demonstrate an inability to make a reasoned argument, other than to parrot what an internet video tells you, just as you accuse the "sheeple" of doing. You demonstrate an amazing lack of any knowledge of history, and fill these gaps of ignorance with conspiracy theories. You do not attempt to engage people, but rather condescend and talk down to them. You insult anyone who may dare to question or disagree with you. Then you are confused that people respond in kind to you condescending and insulting attitude. All the while, you do not realize you are engaging in the exact same behavior you accuse everyone else of. You say, "You brainwashed idiots think if its on Fox News, it must be true," while out of the other side of your mouth you say, "Alex Jones says it, so it must be true!"

You behave more like a spoiled, ignorant, arrogant, little child instead of someone trying to present a rational argument. The only thing hopeless here is you.

[edit on 18-4-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I believe on Yahoo Answers! you are supposed to ask questions, not force information down people's throats...

edit: One more point for the OP;

You need to understand that when people see such methods of spreading information used (i.e;, forcing it down people's throats instead of presenting it when the time is right) they don't particularly like it, and so these methods are actually counter-productive to your aims.

You do more damage in one post than a Disinfo agent could hope to do in an entire thread.

You might ask why this is true, and if you want to know - it's called propoganda, which is essentially brainwashing.

[edit on 18-4-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
Learn to ignore skeptics for one. They are everywhere, even on these boards. If you can manage to ignore skeptics and not get worked up at the 'sheep' you will find yourself learning more and more - and one day you will come across an open-minded person and blow their mind.

That's right, don't listen to anyone who may disagree with you. Only listen to those people who will agree with everything you say. Only those people who will agree with everything you say, never question you, and already have their minds made up are "open-minded." Anyone who asks a question, disagrees, is a "sheep" and brainwashed! Real, open-minded people never ask questions or will ever disagree with you.

This coming from the same person that wants to ban people for disagreeing with him.

[edit on 18-4-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

That's right, don't listen to anyone who may disagree with you.

*plays along*

And of course, if they agree with you but bring up the topic later with questions, then that must mean they're idiots for not getting things right the first time!

*stops playing along*

Such an attitude is subconcious, and can be approached simply by becoming aware of how one interacts with others.

We'll play a little game with you 'thetruth777', in which i examine every single aspect of the psychology that you have shown in your posts, and you sit there while i rant about how it's synchronised with so many other angst-ridden teenagers who see only a zealous or fanatical approach being the only method of spreading the truth.

You can do this with my posts, if you like.

p.s; my preferred method is to simply provide people the wisdom and knowledge they need to be able to find the truth for themselves, rather than slapping 'the truth' over something i think is the truth and then shoving it in their faces.

edit; Here's a snappy quote for you;

"Give a man a fish and he'll be hungry tomorrow, Teach a man to fish and he'll never go hungry again".

Of course, in this scenario the quote would be "Give a man some information, and he'll be ignorant by tomorrow, Teach a man to find that information for himself, and he'll never be ignorant again*".

*If not ignorant, just misinformed.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I think I have uncovered a conspiracy.

Given his rabid hatred of Fox News, I think TheTruth is a disinfo agent working for CNN.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

*Acts individually, but with a purpose*

Interesting, that is indeed a possibility.

I might be inclined to wait for him to respond to your accusation before i leap on your bandwagon and join in with the condemnation.

After all, I would hope others would give me the same level of respect.

*hint, hint*

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I don't think anyone can blame you for trying to be zealous for your cause. From what I'm reading, they're against your approach to the cause. And I believe the solution... is to take a deep breath.

Not everyone is going to agree with you. This doesn't make them stupid necessarily. It only means they haven't followed the same path as you. That makes them human beings. And to that point, they will form their own decisions; sometimes based on what the MSM reports, and sometimes based on what the athlete says is truth. Or what YOUTUBE reports.

When I first started searching out the theories of 9-11, I was blown away. (pardon the pun) I couldn't imagine why people weren't accepting my views. I was angry that the government had such a hold on peoples' minds that they could do something, then sit back and point and laugh while I exhausted myself in dead-end efforts.

Though Anti-Tyrant and myself have had some interesting convos recently, I have to agree with the statement made, "Give a man some information, and he'll be ignorant by tomorrow, Teach a man to find that information for himself, and he'll never be ignorant again". It makes sense, and there is wisdom in that statement.

I have learned it is better to say, "form your own opinions. Do your own research." Sometimes they will follow the advice, sometimes they won't. It won't be your fault. Just don't be overly aggressive with them. That is a huge turn off in any situation.

Good luck on your cause...

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
You cant really expect the "Sheeple" to take notice. Your thread does not order Pizza, It does not offer a telephone vote on wannabe Pop Idols, It does not offer 600 channels of brainwashing television etc etc.

The Sheeple need to be broken in gently with little bits here and there. We can only act as a guide or sheep dog and lead them into the right direction. They are a herd and will remain a herd unless we pick them off gently and get them to open their eyes.

Be assured this is happening and its happening big time. Membership statistics for ATS over the last 2-3 years more than confirms that. More and more people are looking for other answers to their questions. The masses are quietly and slowly looking for alternate answers.

You cannot expect them to have rammed down their throats many subjects. In future stick to one subject and offer clear and concise evidence and links to back up your claim. Thats all it takes is for them to look upon a site such as ATS and Hook Line and Sinker i can assure they will question everything

[edit on 18-4-2008 by thesaint]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

This is a dead on post. If you get too worked up about it then maybe conspiracy is not for the OP. Believe me, I get frustrated when people simply tell me, "I can't believe our government would ever do anything like that." They don't consider all of the gains made by the individuals. They don't consider the thirst that certain branches of government have for war (business would probably be a better term).

They think that every conflict or war we have involved ourselves in was completely and utterly justified and provoked. They can't begin to think that we had alternative goals at hand.

Frustrated? Yes. But I will no longer get over emotional about it. I don't care if someone calls me a conspiracy nut or freak. I have done so in the past and I realize why I said such things. I understand where most people are coming from because I had been there.

My introduction to what our officials are willing to do came with my time in intelligence in the army. I saw things that changed my mind on what our military leaders are willing to do. Say one thing, do another, and blame someone else completely. Sorry folks, it happens all of the time. It's called PR and spin.

Great reply though.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I used to try and get information out in a certain messageboard forum I used to frequent quite a lot. information about 9/11 and certain facts on the war on terror and found that there were ones there that called you nutty or another conspiracy theorist etc. without even looking at the vids/sites/info I put on the board.

I got a bit worked up at times especially when my posts were being removed over and over it became like a conspiracy to silence the truth or silence the truth seekers. There was a couple of others who backed up what I said and low and behold we all got banned!! Some of the things were ridiculous, like stating that the BBC ran the story of WTC building 7 falling 20 minutes before it happened (a fact) and getting that removed because it contravened house rules!!! Like, how?

And the message board site: THE BBC!!

If only I could get a few people from here3 to go en-masse to that site, sign in and try to get some of the lesser known facts over (about 9/11 anyway, thats just the tip of the ice-berg).

The message board I used was Talkback for BBC Northern Ireland and would easily be the most popular one in the country so I thought it was a good place to gauge opinions and get facts out. The BBC banned me three times so I gave up in the end and came here.

*On a side note, it would be funny to see the reaction of the Talkback MB if a whole group of ATSers decided to join the site and get info out on it to confirm the BBC's role of DESTROYING the truth instead of maintaining it!!

Mod Note:
ATS Terms and Conditions

1 e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:
i) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever...

2g.) Board Wars: You will not use these boards to organize "attacks" on other boards, blogs, or discussion groups, and similarly, you will not organize such attacks against this board. Doing so will result in removal of your post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

[edit on 18-4-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
I think I have uncovered a conspiracy.

Given his rabid hatred of Fox News, I think TheTruth is a disinfo agent working for CNN.

Okay come on now, how many times have the moderators said not to attack a person directly? Attack his words, but don't accuse him of being anything.

I'm also getting irritated as to how terminology is being thrown around in this topic in a manner of implying that one is "better" than another because he or she isn't a "sheeple". We're all sheeples at SOMETHING, so to call somebody a "sheeple" and acting as if you are special and excluded from this category is ignorant.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Yeah, dont get too upset. The world is made up of mostly dumb sheep. They are happy in their RX and cheap beer world. The rest of us are waiting for the next shoe to drop and praying we dont live there.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
Okay come on now, how many times have the moderators said not to attack a person directly? Attack his words, but don't accuse him of being anything.

Okay come on now, someone obviously does not get a joke.

I am attacking his words, by way of an absurdity.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join