It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope meets with victims of clergy sex abuse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Pope meets with victims of clergy sex abuse

news.yahoo.com

Pope Benedict XVI, after urging bishops, priests and parishioners to heal the wounds caused by the clergy sex abuse scandal, talked and prayed privately with survivors Thursday in what was believed to be a first-ever meeting between a pontiff and abuse victims.

The Rev. Federico Lombardi, a papal spokesman, said that Benedict and Boston Cardinal Sean O'Malley met with a group of five or six victims for about 25 minutes in the chapel of the papal embassy, offering them encouragement and hope.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I say this was a long time coming. The pope should have denounced the sex crime for years now. I see this a feeble attempt to hold on their crumbling empire.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Master_Wii

Very possibly

or trying to curry favour by being honest.

Or maybe just adopting a policy of better late than never.

I would REALLY hope that this is genuine - after all it was over 40 years ago that he was in charge of crimen solicitationis, and people DO change - even priests

[edit on 17/4/2008 by budski]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Maybe he's just mental noting the ones that report it so he don't get caught up like the others..

Gotta love speculation..

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Please forgive me if anyone here is Catholic:

It's all disgusting. The Pope is not God and he cannot heal or forgive sins. For him to make a gesture like this is nice but I am too keen on the Catholic church and what it really is.

All of the recent political stunts from the Vatican are really putting me on edge. I am certain that Christianity is about to be manipulated again by the Vatican - for what purpose? Who knows.

In any case, the Catholic church was caught red handed protecting child molesters. Nothing they do will ever cleanse them of this sin. Let God punish them and let them stop the political stunts. They are wolves - not shepherds. .

Again, sorry if that offends anyone.

new topics

top topics

join