It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Join The Resistance: Fall In Love

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a crimethinc. classic:::

:excerpts:

In this sense love is subversive, because it poses a threat to the established order of our modern lives. The boring rituals of workday productivity and socialized etiquette will no longer mean anything to a man who has fallen in love, for there are more important forces guiding him than mere inertia and deference to tradition. Marketing strategies that depend upon apathy or insecurity to sell the products that keep the economy running as it does will have no effect upon him. Entertainment designed for passive consumption, which depends upon exhaustion or cynicism in the viewer, will not interest him.

There is no place for the passionate, romantic lover in today's world, business or private. For he can see that it might be more worthwhile to hitchhike to Alaska (or to sit in the park and watch the clouds sail by) with his sweetheart than to study for his calculus exam or sell real estate, and if he decides that it is, he will have the courage to do it rather than be tormented by unsatisfied longing. He knows that breaking into a cemetery and making love under the stars will make for a much more memorable night than watching television ever could. So love poses a threat to our consumer-driven economy, which depends upon consumption of (largely useless) products and the labor that this consumption necessitates to perpetuate itself.

www.crimethinc.com

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Sounds like a good plan.
It's true that it help you escape that established order.

If it's a form of ressitance, I'm a part of it

[Edited on 25-2-2004 by Ranger]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
a crimethinc. classic:::

:excerpts:

In this sense love is subversive, because it poses a threat to the established order of our modern lives. The boring rituals of workday productivity and socialized etiquette will no longer mean anything to a man who has fallen in love, for there are more important forces guiding him than mere inertia and deference to tradition. Marketing strategies that depend upon apathy or insecurity to sell the products that keep the economy running as it does will have no effect upon him. Entertainment designed for passive consumption, which depends upon exhaustion or cynicism in the viewer, will not interest him.

There is no place for the passionate, romantic lover in today's world, business or private. For he can see that it might be more worthwhile to hitchhike to Alaska (or to sit in the park and watch the clouds sail by) with his sweetheart than to study for his calculus exam or sell real estate, and if he decides that it is, he will have the courage to do it rather than be tormented by unsatisfied longing. He knows that breaking into a cemetery and making love under the stars will make for a much more memorable night than watching television ever could. So love poses a threat to our consumer-driven economy, which depends upon consumption of (largely useless) products and the labor that this consumption necessitates to perpetuate itself.

www.crimethinc.com

Wow nice post. Do you think this is why divorce is so high right now?!?!?!

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
i think the divorce rate is so high because everybodys still stuck in the american dream (nightmare) and marry the first big money graduate they find

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
i think the divorce rate is so high because everybodys still stuck in the american dream (nightmare) and marry the first big money graduate they find

Yea we replaced love for convience

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
well that's easier said than done. I'll have to sit out that little parade until someone sends Mr. Right my way. (incedentally, I'm still taking applications for Mr. Right Now
)

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
A person in love is more likely to put up with # , not less likely. And their focus just shifts to other products.

Being In love , or feeling stronly about any one topic, means you give up caring about anything else, and there is no more apathy than that.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I disagree, NuTroll. I am in love, and I wouldn't stop at much to defend her or my relationship with her.

Without some reason to resist, we won't. We'll sit by and let the new order fall into place. But love is a stronger impetus than almost any you could ask for... if you have a good enough reason, you will fight to the death against any evil. That, and that alone, is what we will need when the time comes.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
If you want to further contribute to the resistance. Have pre-marital sex. Lots of it...

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This is totaly true and beautifly written, to often do we find our passions in pill bottles, as the meaning of our self oreinted lives leads us to corporate emptyness. selfishness is also a major cause of divorce, and is very prevelant in this age. In a quest to get the most sh!t we often look for a bigger shovel

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I fell in love with crimethinc many years ago.

beautiful, inspiring prose.

Harbinger is one of my favorites of theirs:

www.crimethinc.com...

edit on 7-5-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

top topics

join