It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone here alive when the JFK assassination took place? Need some help!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Got a project in school today and I have to interview someone who remembers the assassination of John F. Kennedy and I dont really know anyone who meet this requirement so I thought someone from around ATS could help me out. I've made up about 13 questions (dont laugh at how bad they are) and you dont have to answer them all or any just any insight from Nov 22nd that you have would be great and I can make some questions up later.

Here it goes (not sure if this is the right place to post, but since this seems to be everything why not)
1. How old were you in November of '63?
2.Where were you when you first heard the news?
3.How did you hear? (parents, radio, tv, etc.)
4.What were some of the theories being pushed around immediately after the assassination?
5.Did you like John Kennedy? (politics, or just as a man)
6. Did you feel as if your life changed after November 22nd 1963?
7.Did you vote for JFK? If you were not old enough do yo know who your parents voted for?
8.When and where did you first hear the name Lee Oswald?
9.How did your family and friends react?
10.Did you see Lee Harvey Oswald assassinated live on television? What were your thoughts when you heard this information?
11.Were you familiar with the Warren Commissions findings, if so did you think they were accurate?
12.Are you familiar with the House Select Committee on Assassinations? Do you believe their side of the story?
13. And finally, have you done any research on your own? What do you believe happened in Dallas on November 22nd??

Thanks for the replies (if any :flamer
and thanks for not only helping me get a good grade (hopefully) but also educating me in a non conventional manner!

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
1. How old were you in November of '63? I was 6.

2.Where were you when you first heard the news? In my living room.

3.How did you hear? My parents sat us all down to watch the news. They apparently already knew and thought this would be the best way to break it to the family.

4.What were some of the theories being pushed around immediately after the assassination? I don't remember any theories. We all just believed what we were told.

5.Did you like John Kennedy? Only because my parents did. I was too young to understand, of course. As I grew up and got to know the man he was, I do think I would have liked him a lot.

6. Did you feel as if your life changed after November 22nd 1963? I actually did. It was so impactful to my family and everyone I knew, that I felt the reverberations of the impact.

7.Did you vote for JFK? If you were not old enough do yo know who your parents voted for? I don't know who they voted for.

8.When and where did you first hear the name Lee Oswald? Don't remember.

9.How did your family and friends react? Everyone was crushed by the assassination. It was like their father died. I didn't understand, but I knew it was huge. I don't remember a reaction to Oswald. Maybe just relief that the killer had been found.

10.Did you see Lee Harvey Oswald assassinated live on television? What were your thoughts when you heard this information? I didn't see it live, but I remember seeing it on the news.

11.Were you familiar with the Warren Commissions findings, if so did you think they were accurate? I don't believe the official story, no.

12.Are you familiar with the House Select Committee on Assassinations? Do you believe their side of the story? I do believe it was a conspiracy, but I disagree that the FBI and CIA weren't involved, so I'd have to say I disagree with them, too.

13. And finally, have you done any research on your own? What do you believe happened in Dallas on November 22nd?? I have done limited reading on the Internet. Mostly originated here. I can't really say what I think DID happen, because I don't think we know. I have suspicions that Kennedy was assassinated by some group within our government.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Thanks for your story! Hope you dont mind me using it for my project? Thanks once again

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I was alive. I was 3 months old almost to the day! I think I was in my crib pooping my diaper.

[edit on 20-4-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
1. How old were you in November of '63?

2.Where were you when you first heard the news?
Taking a test in 7th grade math class.

3.How did you hear? (parents, radio, tv, etc.)
The principal’s office piped live radio news over the school intercom, but the math teacher called down and had it turned off in our room to end the perceived “disruption”.

4.What were some of the theories being pushed around immediately after the assassination?
Back in those days, just about everything was assumed to be some kind of “communist plot”.

5.Did you like John Kennedy? (politics, or just as a man)
Still young and simply following my father’s lead, having a Catholic as a president did not seem like a good thing.

6. Did you feel as if your life changed after November 22nd 1963?
I do not recall.

7.Did you vote for JFK? If you were not old enough do you know who your parents voted for?
Nixon, I am sure.

8.When and where did you first hear the name Lee Oswald?
I do not recall.

9.How did your family and friends react?
I do not recall.

10.Did you see Lee Harvey Oswald assassinated live on television? What were your thoughts when you heard this information?
I probably saw a replay soon after that happened, but I did not really have any understanding of what was going on.

11.Were you familiar with the Warren Commissions findings, if so did you think they were accurate?
I am inclined to believe Oswald was not the entire story.

12.Are you familiar with the House Select Committee on Assassinations? Do you believe their side of the story?
I am not familiar with that report.

13. And finally, have you done any research on your own? What do you believe happened in Dallas on November 22nd?
I have only watched various television programs speculating theories, but I have not drawn any specific conclusion of my own.

Hope that helps!

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
1. 10
2. 5th gr school playground, recess
3. a classmate, who was crying
4. he acted alone/not alone
5. yes
6. yes, living in a sad time, loss of innocence about nation
7. don't remember my parents discussing their vote
8. news
9. crying, disbelief
10. yes, disbelief, sad to know we wouldn't hear what he had to say
11. vaguely, still couldn't believe LHO acted alone
12. not familiar
13. no; watched tv programs exploring various ideas/conspiracies
I didn't believed it was the idea and act of one man (LHO); who else exactly--don't know

Hope this helps! Now, if I need help with my computer...

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
1. I was 16 yrs.old.
2. Sitting in algebra class.
3. The news of the assassination was broadcast over the school intercom.
4. Thought the Russians had it done.
5. Yes, I liked JFK.
6. That's when I began questioning our government. Scary times.
7. Was too young to vote.
8. News on TV
9. Crying and sad. Watched the funeral on TV as school was closed
during that time out of respect for the president.
10. Yes saw it on TV and was shocked and afraid.
11. No did not believe Warren Comm. findings.
12. Ditto
13. Have read several books and articles concerning the assassination.

top topics

join