It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve McNair retires

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
In a season that has seen NFL main stays Bret Favre and Warren Sapp retire,this only adds to the lose.

(ESPN)-OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Steve McNair intended to complete the final three years of his contract with the Baltimore Ravens. He worked hard during the offseason and arrived at minicamp ready to assume his role as the starting quarterback.

His body had other plans.

McNair announced his retirement Thursday, ending a 13-year career in which he was selected co-MVP, led the Tennessee Titans to the Super Bowl and orchestrated the most successful regular season in the Ravens history. He received a standing ovation from his teammates after revealing his decision, then contained his emotions during a hastily arranged news conference.

sports.espn.go.com...

Full story here
sports.espn.go.com...

Steve McNair

[edit on 17-4-2008 by Black_Fox]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
He carried the Titans to within one yard of the Super Bowl trophy. He had a few awesome years, too bad his body broke down.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I remember when he came out of Alcorn State and was drafted by the Oilers, I can't tell you how many racist "African American quarterbacks can't succeed" comments I heard. Not only was McNair an extremely intelligent quarterback, but one hell of a leader as well.

Enjoy retirement Steve.

Peace

new topics

join