It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Inconvenient Truth About Earth Hour!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

The Inconvenient Truth About Earth Hour!

dailysliceoftech.blogspot.com

On March 29, between the hours of 8 p.m. and 9 p.m., hundreds of thousands of people, and countless more businesses across Canada, shut off their lights as a symbolic gesture of concern over global warming. It was perhaps one of the most successful environmental awareness campaigns in recent history...Or Was It?
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I think Earth Hour was a joke.

dailysliceoftech.blogspot.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Yeah Earth Hour is a joke... just like every other half-ass attempt by the media and politicians to flatter us on pollution and the like.

They want us to believe we have some small amount of control with this planet and where it's going... what a joke. They know damn well they are leaving us without a future so they come up with things like 'earth day' and promises for green technology etc.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Went for a walk during our earth hour.. walked past one house and you could see the mantle above the fire place. With about a dozen burning candled on it.. a low voltage globe would've created less carbon.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
They want us to believe we have some small amount of control with this planet and where it's going...

Aint that the truth!!

You know the best thing we could all do is turn off the lights, cars, gas etc and leave it off and watch all the global elites investment and profit racketeering drop through the floor.

Then just maybe we would make them realise that we feed them.

Regards S_G

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
NWO:

earth hour was not started by politicians, it was an idea by a student in sydney that was taken onboard and implemented by the WWF.

some ppl are just so quick at pointing the finger at govt's without actually knowing the facts.

[edit on 17/4/08 by Obliv_au]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obliv_au
NWO:
earth hour was not started by politicians, it was an idea by a student in sydney

Global Warming was also not discovered by politicians. But they utilize it frequently as a political topic do they not?

Likewise even a good green idea from a well-meaning student is wrapped up in political and media garb.

some ppl are just so quick at pointing the finger at govt's without actually knowing the facts.

Not just governments, but the scam-artists and media moguls that push things like Earth Hour as viable solutions to massive problems. It's called misdirection and yes, I am always quick to point my finger - they are masters at this kind of thing.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I liked Earth Hour and I made my living out of electricity generation.

My entire town got involved.

Kudos to the student that thought it up. We need more positive ideas to get conservation into the minds of people, especially Canadians since we are huge energy consumers.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
but to listen to the media and some attention seeking pollies about earth hour is to miss the point entirely.

its not so much about saving a ga-zillion kilowatts of energy for one measly hour of the year.

earth hour is no miracle cure (really, its just tokenism) but its mainly aimed at raising awareness to use these resources a lot smarter everyday.

[edit on 17/4/08 by Obliv_au]

top topics

join