It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops: Officer fatally shoots Calif. high schooler with bat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Cops: Officer fatally shoots Calif. high schooler with bat

abcnews.go.com

The officer fell down dazed, and reached for the gun in his hip holster, but the clip fell out. As the student came at him a second time, the officer grabbed a handgun from his ankle holster and fired one or two rounds, Dyer said. The student reportedly died within a few minutes.
The reason for the attack was not immediately known. Dyer said there was no history of run-ins between the student and the officer, who was employed by the police department as the school's resource officer.
The student was described as a longtime Fresno resident who recently transferred to the school.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I don't remember cops with guns that might shoot me, back when I was in high school. That's awful that the high schoolers these days must put up with that.
If the officer was released from the hospital the same day, it couldn't have been that bad... and the media account of what happened is much too suspect.
It all smells fishy.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The cop did what he had to do to protect himself. The kid used a ball bat in an assault. I don't have any problems with this case or the outcome.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
You can kill someone fairly easily with just one blow to the head with a baseball bat - I know because I got to watch an acquaintance die in the hospital from just such an attack

I am usually pretty critical of police who use excessive force, but in this case I don't blame the cop at all. When you attack someone armed with a gun with a baseball bat, you should expect to get shot, especially if it's a police officer.

This guy died of his own stupidity

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Theres nothing fishy about it. Im sure if you lived in a town of 3/4 of a million, thats fresno and clovis combined, and knew the area that roosevelt high is in (i lived across the street from RHS 2yrs), you would understand why they have armed police there. That is in a bad side of town and is ran by gangs. Alot of the gang kids think they run the schools in fresno. I wouldnt doubt it was some sort of gang initiation.

As previous posters stated, if you attack a man that is carrying a gun with a baseball bat, you had better expect to get shot. The kid suckered him from behind and split his skull open, could have possibly killed him, and he paid the price for his stupidity. In his situation i would have done the same thing(except i dont carry autos, i carry revolvers) so my clip would not have fallen out on first attempt at reaching.

Just my .02 from a local fresno yocal.

CX

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Theres an ongoing discussion here about this one...

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

I think in this case the officer was in the right.

CX.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by S1LV3R4D0
I wouldnt doubt it was some sort of gang initiation.

My feeling as well. A gang initiate is the most dangerous person you can run across any given day. They are usually preparing or ready to do something incredibly violent and you never know where they'll have to do it. Not surprised they sent him after a cop.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Since this is being discussed in 2 different areas and your link no longer works OP, ill put a link to my local fresno bee article and the other thread too. Just for Kix and Giggles.

Fresno Bee Article

The Other Thread

Breaking News, Other News, ill talk it about it where ever...hehe

top topics

join