It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Makers hope e-paper prints cash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

uk.reuters.com

Long predicted to replace traditional book or newspaper pulp, e-paper is not yet printing money, but tech firms hope its popularity may eventually mimic the real thing.

Japanese companies already use electrophoretic display, or EPD, for everything from watches and mobile phones to e-readers, with limited color, lower power use and freedom from traditional paper the attractions.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Very cool still looks a bit clumsy to me.

hopefully could stop the need to chop down all the oxygen producing trees from our planet (althought great strides have been made in renewable forests)

i mean yeah Global warming maybe a money grabbing hoax/niburu approaching/natural solar cycle/natural planetary cycle/galaxy colliding with another/Real.... did i miss anything.

however regardless of the situation we all like to breath right?

can only be a good thing imho as long as the power costs to produce this e-paper is not greater than the gain from not continuing the deforestation of the planet.

uk.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I think this is all very well in some ways, but my paranoid side says that if everything was printed in e-format, it would be easier for T.P.T.B. to change history at will, without going to the trouble of the book burning that was such a feature of Nazi Germany. I have three computers and a P.D.A. but i still like to have a hard copy of important things.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel

YES!

“Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws.” -- Mayer Amschel Rothschild, International Banker

That's my only fear, right there... can you guys see it?

Peace

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Yes i see your NWO related points but i fail to see how this would differ from say a credit card , that already electonically allows you to transfer yor money stored in a bank.

how would this new situation make things drastically different?

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Yes i see your NWO related points

Good, because I almost took you for granted.

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel but i fail to see how this would differ from say a credit card , that already electonically allows you to transfer yor money stored in a bank.

When did I say it differs?

how would this new situation make things drastically different?

Well, think about this: If you would buy a house, would you like the contracts and all related documents regarding the house (and it's trading history) to be only stored in a computer disc and an electronic file OR would you like to also have a SIGNED WITH A PEN PAPER?

Peace

new topics

top topics

join