It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thought on power companies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I have a thought about global warming and just the climate in general. I’m in D.C. and I’m a native Atlanta Georgian. Who moved three years ago. But just kind of thinking today at how our spring and fall seasons seem to just not really happen in length any more? Now I have looked over the whole HAARP thought and in the past I have just kind of shrugged a little bit…But now I kind of see,... our country has pretty much moved into a society of profits and bottom lines. Well if big oil has backed us against the wall with our transportation in America. well world wide really. What if “they”…i.e. Big oil and corporate energy has done that same thing with the weather? I mean we are pretty much reliant on them for fossil fuel burning for just about every transportation out side of some solar out-lets…And just thinking in general about the seasons…

When I was a kid and mind you I’m 36 now I distinctly remember 4 season changes…Fall,Winter,Summer,Spring. And I always remember my grandparents talking about how little power cost during the fall and spring time because the weather was so consistently mild enough to not use the heat nor the a/c. Well now it just seems that we go from summer to winter and winter right back into summer without as much as a break. Now I know some parts of the country still see a 4 season change. But is it out of the possibility that we have been taken siege by corporate business keeping weather patterns in a constant state of drastic change so there isn’t a seasonal decrease in power? After all with all the power de-regulation some states are seeing huge increases in power rates. And well if power companies had a vested interest in selling you power then they also have vested interest in a huge return on their product. By making sure that the spring and fall season was shortened then the profits would climb. So any “hot” or “cold” season spells big $$$ for power companies. I don’t know maybe it’s just a thought …but I was wondering if any of you have thought that or alone the same lines???

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Great post

I believe it all depends where you live in regards of the lack of distinct change in the seasons. Power companies are always looking to make a big buck but there are a few out there that are trying to do some good. My wife works for an independent green power producer. They do run of river kind of stuff with very little footprint on the environment so there is hope. Where I live the winters are mild and the summers are hot so the household makes very little use of the heater. I also believe that the season thing is also because of the changing of the magnetic poles.

Its always big $$$ for the power companies no matter how you slice it. Until they come out with some form of free energy the cost will keep going up as our natural recourses decline.

join