It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Officials Investigating Strange Lights, Sonic Booms

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sequence

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by WitnessFromAfar

Hey WFA, how many years has the Aurora Project been around now? It must be over ten? I didn't even think it was that much of a secret anymore given how much coverage particular parts of the media have given it.

You mentioned that it's several times faster than the speed of sound. I read some reports that it was many, many times faster... though it's been years since I've heard anything about it... or bothered to look.

Do you know the supposed top speed of these aircraft?

Cheers,
IRM

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I've been told by a reliable source that this is the area where the "crash site" was located.

Link didn't work.... Tipton county road 300 north and US 31

RR

[edit on 22-4-2008 by RudyRed]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Hello there IRM!

I don't have any solid intel on the Aurora, but yes, it must be over 10 years now that rumors have been circulating.

The Aurora is supposedly the next generation in the SR-71 BlackBird Line. Faster than fast

Regarding the San Diego event, and the article in question, I contacted Alex Roth (the author of the article at the UnionTribune) after reading his initial article. It was basically a request for intel, since nobody knew what caused the boom. I gave him the contact info for various military bases in the area (something he should have had already) and a few links to pages about Aurora. He replied back wanting to know more. He asked what proof I had. I was honest and told him I didn't have any, except for the hearsay I've been privy to from persons who work in the field (this was San Diego, home of Miramar, and 'Top Gun'. In theory, a competent reporter for San Diego's largest newpaper should have contacts at these installations.

Unfortunately Alex didn't, and I wasn't about to disclose mine, and have my own information cut off.

So instead of developing his own contacts, and attempting to acquire his own answers, he called the Air Force Helpline, and spoke to a receptionist. That's where the 'I've never heard of that plane before' quote came from. Nothing against receptionists, I've been one myself many times, but they are not exactly 'in the know' on top secret programs. IMHO Alex Roth blew the investigation through lack of journalistic standards.

I'm sure that there is leaked info on the Aurora out there on the net. There are several contrail photos out there also that are hard to explain without some sort of pulsed engine.

-WFA

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The idea of crash site is interesting. Scircleville is very small area just west of 31 near intersection of 28 and N 1100 east. Or west of Tipton.

I see a W 300N (Groomsville) near 31.

maps.google.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
My source heard a noise (sonic boom) ran outside and saw fire in the sky. Said "someone" was in and out of the "crash site" like it *never* happened.
RR

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
RR,
Your source seconds what sequence mentioned on the other thread. Sequence said 4 camotrucks one with a crane zoomed by after the boom.
BP

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
BP...
Yeah, I've been following both threads. I thought I'd add that since it was from a "real live person that I know".

RR

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
RR,
Its great to get confirmation..I think something big is going on in that area. Don't know if anything occurred last night. I had to leave since I needed some sleep before work. I do think I might have seen one. I am assuming they are like those I saw when I lived in that area.

BP

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
This is just anecdotal, but I remember the night of that big fireball over WA. State there was a series of booms.
High Altitude Explosion over Washington State (meteor fireball)
They seemed unusual in that they were all the same volume and had the same thumping sound. there was a group of say 8-10 booms and then about 5 minutes later there was another 4-6 booms. My cat was freaked out - this I remember very distinctly because I was alarmed that he was on edge.

Was he himself on edge or was he picking up on my energy?

Sometimes you hear gunshots around town when a deer gets hit by a car the local police take it out instead of trying to hospitalize the injured deer.

I guess the funny thing there were alot of booms. The cops usually take out hte deer in 1-3 shots. I'm in Maine by the way. Any other New Englanders report booms on February 18th around 11 -midnite?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I just quickly reread both threads and remembered that my source said there were flares from a jet......after the fact.
RR

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Okay, I don't have a lot of time, so I'll just post the location mapping here:

I'll try to check back in on the thread later this evening

-WFA

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Evenin' WFA, et al,

I posted the first few minutes of the police audio tape here." Am not quite sure off the cuff (without listening again) where the officers said the "debris field was." another officer said the object was traveling east to west as well.

It would seem that most of the search was done "west of US 31" using Sharpsville as a center point.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

Hi there Frank! I took at your page last night, and I can't discern where the debris field was either.

I took a look at a map this moring, and Sharpsville is in fact slightly east of the 31. It's not far at all from Scircleville, and if the reports of 'West of the 31' are correct with Sharpsville as a center point for the search, Scircleville could well be the place we're looking for.

Here's a map showing both Sharpsville and Scircleville in comparison, and the 31 for reference.
maps.google.com...,+Tipton,+Indiana,+United+States&ie=UTF8&cd=1&geocode=0,40.379770,-86.088510&ll=40.351777,-86.17332 5&spn=0.214021,0.468979&z=11

I'll start taking a look at Satellite imagery of the area this evening. I was hoping you could give me your advice on the best places to start looking, after checking out the link above.

Thanks! If there is/was a debris field, there should still be impact signs, or there should be signs of earthworks (human) if it was covered up recently.

-WFA

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Mornin' WFA,

Originally posted by WitnessFromAfar
reply to post by Frank Warren

Hi there Frank! I took at your page last night, and I can't discern where the debris field was either.

I took a look at a map this moring, and Sharpsville is in fact slightly east of the 31. It's not far at all from Scircleville, and if the reports of 'West of the 31' are correct with Sharpsville as a center point for the search, Scircleville could well be the place we're looking for.

To further clarify, I was using "Sharpsville" as a north/south center point on US 31.

Here's a map showing both Sharpsville and Scircleville in comparison, and the 31 for reference.
maps.google.com...,+Tipton,+Indiana,+United+States&ie=UTF8&cd=1&geocode=0,40.379770,-86.088510&ll=40.351777,-86.17332 5&spn=0.214021,0.468979&z=11

I'll start taking a look at Satellite imagery of the area this evening. I was hoping you could give me your advice on the best places to start looking, after checking out the link above.

My thinking would be to use the cross street leading to Sharpsville "at US 31" and start a 180° search expanding out from there to the west.

Thanks! If there is/was a debris field, there should still be impact signs, or there should be signs of earthworks (human) if it was covered up recently.

-WFA

I have an associate who lives nearby looking into the matter; he's a life long resident and has a lot of friends and family in the area. Additionally, he had an "orb sighting" himself on Thursday night (the night after); this gentleman by the way used to work for NASA, is respected in his commu8nity and is a very sober individual.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Hey guys. I'm trying to catch up on this thread. I will be traveling just north of Kokomo Friday and Saturday. I think I will take a little detour when I head up there. I am a little familiar with the area. I'll check back later, take a listen to the scanner and check out the maps. It's worth a look-see.

Rush

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

Excellent! I don't think I need to tell you this, but make sure to take a good camera with you in case there is something to document.

Not sure if you have access to a geiger counter, but if you do, that might also help.

I'll try to get some good target data together for you before your trip this weekend.

-WFA

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Hey Witness. I can't promise anything too exciting as I am traveling with my teenage daughter and neice. Which of course they will think that this is really cool. I do have a camera, simple digital, but that's about it. Any info. that you can give me on location will be great. Family is keeping me busy tonight, so won't get too much computer time.

It might be worth it to get sequence a u2u as well with the location since he is in that area.

Rush

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
WFA,
Where do you get current satellite images? I know Google Earth is two or three years old.
RR

[edit on 23-4-2008 by RudyRed]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RudyRed

Well there are a number of sites out there, and I may not have the best images, I'll state that off the bat

However, Google Maps has a satellite button, that will give you a real vision view. Each image is copyright 2008, but they don't get any more specific than that.

For weather data real time imagery is available. NOAA has a good site here:
www.nhc.noaa.gov...
and here:
www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

And here is another good site for InfraRed (weather data):
weather.unisys.com...

Then there is Terrafly:
www.terrafly.com...
They offer free browsing, and you can custom order imagery from IKONOS here:
www.terrafly.com...

Occasionally you can get lucky with the ESA's satellites too:
earth.esa.int...
although they don't have everything in detail...

This one is a pay site, used mostly for real estate acquisition:
www.globexplorer.com...
They have a semi-decent free browser too here:
www.globexplorer.com...
These guys only have images from 1999 though...

They have an alternate site here:
www.digitalglobe.com...

I'd love to hear other suggestions, if anybody's got a good site for imagery. I don't know of any surefire places to find real time images, unless you work for the gov't or a contractor that operates those satellites...

What would be really great is if we could get in touch with a local pilot. A crash such as the one proposed should be easy to spot in all those acres of farmland. Anybody got any connections in that area?

-WFA

EDIT: It just occured to me, if anyone is in the area with access to a good RC Plane with a video camera, that would work too. Additionally, a balloon could theoretically get you real time aerial imagery from the ground, but I would advise running a line to the balloon if you ever want to see your camera again
END EDIT

[edit on 23-4-2008 by WitnessFromAfar]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join