It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran the most powerful (nation) , says Ahmadinejad

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I agree with most of that, Karl. One figure i have a problem with, and I suspect you do as well...

Remember, in this war that people think we lost or are losing, it took us 5 years to lose 4000 troops. How long did it take for Iraq to lose 4000?

I just don't buy that 4000 figure... after all, look at the source for that number. Then look at all the deaths caused by Haliburton screwups (water issues/electrcutions in showers -- sorry, will link if I locate) -- this figure also would not include suicides, which are also high (again -- no time to find a link right now). I contend that many more deaths are simply not listed in this 4000 figure and are listed somewhere else, as those deaths are not a direct result of 'combat' but can certainly be attributed to the 'War on Terror,' particularly Iraq.

Another U.S. Soldier Suicide in Iraq -- As Study Reveals Massive Problem for Vets

In what has become a regular ritual, a local newspaper has reported the death of a U.S. soldier in Iraq -- officially described by the military as a "noncombat" fatality -- as, in fact, a suicide.

The rate of suicides among military personnel in Iraq, who are suffering from multiple tours of duty, has surged in the past two years, as official reports (a new one today from RAND) show that about one in five vets are suffering from mental problems. I've tried to chronicle this phenomenon for almost five years.

But, here are the "official" figures, according to this webpage...

icasualties.org

And simply to make a comment a bit more on topic... this damn 'cork' is beyond ready to blow.

[edit on 4/18/2008 by RabbitChaser]

link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

to you for noticing that and calling him out on it.

link   

Originally posted by jasonhb

Dude, the dems pulled the plug on vietnam...

Dude, Vietnam was lost before the troops left. Face the facts.

pull the america hating head out of the sand.

So because I speak out against the government I hate America?

P.S. What the hell does this have to do with this thread?

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   

We may not win but I'm not gonna sit here and say we are gonna lose just because someone says we will

Im not saying you should,

but basic principles present that tone that you shouldnt just go in without looking at the realistic outcomes.

For worlds sake, the USA cannot be defeated, if you go into Iran, you will be defeated.
Civil people of Earth need the United States to continue this way of life. The world will go through another dark time if the United States isnt there to face up to China/Russia.
China/Russia wont dare try if the USA is present.

It really is a NEW WORLD if the USA hits Iran, because you will not come out on top. Again, you may beat them militarily, but your economy will eveantually be your downfall, and world opinion will not be on your side.
Couple this with the prospect of an ENTIRE region now being hostile towards you leaves to much room for nuclear terrorism, which would kick off the big game also.

Rome is the perfect example.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I still say the best way to defeat iran is to offer normalized diplomatic relations and a clean slate.

Make the mullahs decide to accept it and move forward into a less aggressive standoffish stance, or they can reject it outright. If they reject it, then they show their true colors about their nuke program.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by US Monitor

Thats the best thing ive read on here for a long time.
Spot on,

Lets TALK, before we BOMB!

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

People I served with who fought in 'nam all say the same thing. The ROE and the way the command handled the war set them up for failure. It was a mess, and our conscripted Army didn't want to be there, not to mention the complete lack of support back home. Vietnam was lost in the same place that WWII was won. On the home front.

As for iraq, we should have followed what we did in Desert Storm. There we won the battles, met out stated goals, then came home. In this war we should have for one not gone in the first place, but since we did, we should have pulled out as soon as we got Saddam. Now we have troops who are playing police instead of what they are trained to do.

Now as for iran, the last thing iran would want to do is get into a slug fest with the US. They can't match us on the ground in firepower, not in the close air support, not in bombers or air cover, not on the sea either. Something to remember is that US systems are combat proven with combat exp. troops. That is an intangible that should not be overlooked.

But at the end of the day though, there isn't a reason for the US to fight iran. And what amanutjob is doing is huffing and puffing and blowing smoke. I hope someone there muzzles him before he starts iran down a path that will see there very beautiful country bombed out.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Thank you. I do think that bringing them to the table is the best way to go.
Besides, the people of Iran, while not exactly Pro-American, are far from being anti-American to the extent that our so called 'allies' in Saudi Arabia are. I am inclined to believe that if the US apologized for the 53 coup, stated that we made a mistake and that we were looking out for our own best interests that it would go a long way in helping our cause with Iran. It would also help the reformers in Iran as well as the General Population realize that the US doesn't have to be a sworn enemy and should help them move away from the mullah run govt that they have now.

This is just my theory, based on posting on other message forums and talking to people from Iran.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The forces that are trying to conquer our nation is much worse than Hitler, much worse than Stallion and all you can do is argue that America can not win. You must remember that we didn't get this far without soldiers sacrificing their life's for this country . Millions have fallen for our rights to be individuals and to speak our minds. I'll disagree with all who think Ahmadinejad is right and that America or the world doesn't have a chance with Iran.

There's a reason and I don't know exactly why that America is looked up to and hated at the same time. We encourage freedom and that makes dictators mad! We encourage self religion and that makes religious fanatics mad. We encourage capitalism and that makes all the greedy rulers mad. We've all made our mistakes but America is strong and the people have more passion and will power to succeed here than anywhere else on this world. If it wasn't so then America would be abandoned and lost forever. I don't see anyone leaving.

[edit on 4/18/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I don't think we need to "defeat" Iran. They are not our enemies. Ahmadinejad may be a nut, but heck, so is our President.

I agree with pretty much the rest of your statement aside from nuking Iran.

That will not get the world on our side.

It was a mess, and our conscripted Army didn't want to be there, not to mention the complete lack of support back home. Vietnam was lost in the same place that WWII was won. On the home front.

The bolded part of your statement can be directly paralleled to what is happening today in the middle east.

Our troops do not want to be there. They want to come home. I'd listen to them before I listened to whatever some kooky congressman said who profits from war.

The politicians aren't the ones fighting the wars, our troops are. While they may have been given shoddy body armor and humvees, they are still one of the best (if not the best) fighting force in the world.

That does not mean they are able to take on the world.

I am glad to see an intelligent post in this thread that for the most part has been highly emotional.

Thank you for challenging my opinions. I do appreciate it.

reply to post by Solarskye

The forces that are trying to conquer our nation is much worse than Hitler, much worse than Stallion and all you can do is argue that America can not win.

What "forces" are trying to conquer the US? Iran? Please, don't joke with me.

You must remember that we didn't get this far without soldiers scarifying their life's for this country.

Soldiers aren't sacrificing their lives for this country when they die "over there." We are fighting a boogeyman in Afghanistan and Iraq. They are not dying for me, they are dying to ensure a steady flow of oil back here and a steady profit for a select few.

They are not protecting me.

Millions have fallen for our rights to be individuals and to speak our minds

I guess you haven't been paying attention recently, but the Violent Homegrown Terrorism bill is in the process of being passed, which will infringe on your right to speak your mind.

A forum like ATS will be considered "terrorist-sympathizers" and shut down (I hope not, but its possible).

I'll disagree with all who think Ahmadinejad is right and that America or the world doesn't have a chance with Iran.

I think you're missing the entire point of this thread.

IRAN DOES NOT ACT ALONE!!!

There's a reason and I don't know exactly why that America is looked up to and hated at the same time. We encourage freedom and that makes dictators mad! We encourage self religion and that makes religious fanatics mad. We encourage capitalism and that makes all the greedy rulers mad.

We think everyone in the world should be like us and that pisses the rest of the world off. You shouldn't be able to order a Big Mac in Africa...

We've all made our mistakes but America is strong and the people have more passion and will power to succeed here than anywhere else on this world. If it wasn't so then America would be abandoned and lost forever. I don't see anyone leaving.

I see Americans as some of the most apathetic people in the world. What do we care about for the most part? Britney Spears and American Idol.

I'm leaving, don't you worry.

This America hater won't be here for much longer bringing this place down.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I'll give it to you, your 100% correct

The forces that are trying to conquer our nation is much worse than Hitler, much worse than Stallion

I just wish you could wake up and see these forces exist in your leadership, not in the middle east.!

Encourage Freedom?

You USED to do that, and that was WHY the world loved you, looked up to you and confided in your economy.
But you threw all that away when you invaded and occupied a nation that didnt deserve it. You lied to the world, to your own people, people no longer look up to you, they fear you.

Your constant backing for Israel threw away the concept of freedom, self religion.

The people, as great and wonderous as they are, either through blind ignorance or blind patriotic duty are ALLOWING a nazi like government to control them.

The world will not back you into Iran, no one is following on this adventure.
Yes, as I said if it were a band of allies going against something Iran has DONE, Iran wouldnt stand a chance.
But as we speak, all we have is the unfounded accusations from America, which no one is trusting, because everyone fell for the same stage show with Iraq.

Just top with the blind patriotic bollux for a second,
No one is saying Iran will defeat you in open combat, your 200billion army against their 3 billion army states this, but WHAT THEN?

You think the entire middle east with just rejoice and back you?
Youve taken over 2 major middle eastern nations, whom just happen to be a majority of the worlds oil. You will be defeated once you bounce Iran, its that simple.

Your soliders died in the fields of Normany, Belgium and across the United States to stop people LIKE Bush and Cheney from sending innocent men into unfounded wars based on nothing but hitler-ish tendancies.

Its a pitty your brave men and women died in vaine in Iraq and Afghanistan. They should have been removing the government that hijacked your country.

Me? I personally blame people like you, who prefer patriotic bravado against the 'staged foreign threat' instead of facing the fact that the great and mighty empire through internal curroption might be the source of todays problems.

Its not wrong to admit your leaders are the problem, and that many of your fighting men have wrongfully died because of it

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Wise words said Agit8dChop..

some of you "less informed" individuals could do with reading Agit8dChop's post and actually think before replying... Some of you are in so much denial its ridiculous.. Champions don't last for ever and its easy to understand that. The greatest nations and civilizations have collapsed... and you think it won't eventually happen to the almighty U.S ? How long do you think people of the world and the great United States will tolerate this great corruption?

Either they will sit by and watch them dig their own graves, or they will interfere once things really heat up. Either way it doesn't look too good does it?. Iran is in a far better situation right now than the U.S can be, as long as America has corrupt Zionist neo-cons controlling its government and media all for the glory of Israel it will be the same for years if not decades. They could not care less for the safety of the nation and its people as its not their homeland, and not their place of origin. Many may disagree, but truth is those people are the ones in denial and the ones who are brainwashed and cant seem to make opinions without being some what influenced or "manipulated" by media junk.

America will go further in debt and depression the further these animals get away with tyranny. It makes me sick to my stomach how ignorant the majority is becoming at seeing the true reality. The dark reality is that the world will never see true peace until America decides its time. Through America will come great peace and great responsibility. Although no one really knows how long it will take, we can only make assumptions and predictions. Whether we like it or not, eventually a One World Government will be formed and will be created either by the U.S or the next to be Superpower, or maybe even by peaceful negotiations, depending if humanity has matured to that extent.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MASH_DADDY

Thanks Mashy!

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18-4-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Sound like President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is trying to give the people confidence, motivation and national pride.

I’m sure this is all propaganda to the people of Iran. Russia has been doing some good coaching though from the looks of it. When you don’t have enough fire power what do you do, you act like you do. I believe that is what he is trying get across to the Iran people. A parade will always boost some confidence followed by a good BS speech. Sounds like he is expecting something to happen soon and needs too rally the people fast. This guy is beginning to sound a lot like the Saddam regime, I bet he has a few old clips of Saddam’s speeches. I can see it now . ( Wait …. back up; let’s use that, That seems to work good. How do you spell that again. Now lets have a parade everyone. )

[edit on 18-4-2008 by SJE98]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Great, I hope you move....

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18-4-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

I dont see people like you caring about people going down saddams wood chipper...people like you are weak. Everybody knows the russians helped move the wmd's to seria. what about the un resolutions? what about saddam invading kuwait. the regime was evil...EVIL! Cowards like you know nothing of our hearts to do the right thing here.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SJE98
Sound like President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is trying to give the people confidence, motivation and national pride.

I’m sure this is all propaganda to the people of Iran. Russia has been doing some good coaching though from the looks of it. When you don’t have enough fire power what do you do, you act like you do. I believe that is what he is trying get across to the Iran people. A parade will always boost some confidence followed by a good BS speech. Sounds like he is expecting something to happen soon and needs too rally the people fast. This guy is beginning to sound a lot like the Saddam regime, I bet he has a few old clips of Saddam’s speeches. I can see it now . ( Wait …. back up; let’s use that, That seems to work good. How do you spell that again. Now lets have a parade everyone. )

Yes, it definitely is propaganda to boost national pride.. and it really isn't new.. Ayotallah Khomeini used the same tactics to rally support, as did Ahmadinejad recently. Same with North Korea's leaders, however I do believe something may possibly being planned behind closed doors, either another 9/11 or similar approach before elections. If so, it will be on a much larger scale this time, to make sure that as much fear as possible, is instilled in people. Not too sure if many people will buy it...

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonhb

I wouldnt say that, innocent people dying isnt good either way,
but what makes it bad for saddam to kill people, but ok for the US to kill people?
What makes it ok to allow Sudanese to die, Ethiopians? Why have we CHOSEN Iraq as being worthy for our occupation? I shouldnt need to tell you why.

And im sorry, but EVERYBODY doesnt know russia moved saddams WMD's to Syria, becasue, 0, read it 0 evidence has come out proving this, and I also havent seen the US government actually take that position.

UN resolutions?
If your going to argue saddam violated UN Rules, then you also must account for the UN advising NO WEAPONS EXISTED, and that MILITARY POWER SHOULDNT be used.

Saddam invading kuwaitt?
Again, Why is it evil for Saddam to invade Kuwaitt ( of which we stood by and gave our blessings too ) But ok for US to invade and occupy?

ahahha, ah man you make me laugh.

Your heart isnt in this, your gullable mind is.
The only reason your arguing 'FOR' america's invasion of Iraq is because your 9-5 told you so, and you enjoy macca's, cheap tv's and the clothes your wearing.

Hearts not in this, what a trick!

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   

ufoorbhunter
Scared of Iran and Mr Dinnerjacket? Woopsydoo it's madness. The US military designed to fight the USSR, the Warsaw Pact and China simultaneously.... and you think Iran, Iraq and Afghanistan is going to defeat us. Bigs you're funny there. A bit over dramatic if I may say. If the US decides to take out Iran then it will happen. If the US decides to take the gloves off then it's gonna be real this time and no more PR. You remind me of all the posters who say 'the Iranians are a real proud people they aint gonna run away like the Arabs.' Lol that's a frequently heard thing here and it's hilarious. If China and Russia are given their share then Iran will be mushy peas before November and it's time to do with them what we did with the Nazis kids.........long term re education

If you attack Iran, it's not the Iranian people you need to worry about, it's the reaction from the rest of the world. All you warmongers are all the same. Your so out of touch with reality. You seem to think that America can attack anyone they like without serious consequences & repercussions. I sincerely hope that the Chinese government doesn't have the same mentality, because if it's ok for America to attack who ever it pleases, then it's only a matter of time before other countries like China behave the same way. If it's ok for America to attack Iran, what's stopping China from attacking Taiwan.

Finally please don't insult the good name of my grandfather & all those brave and heroic men and women who put their lives on the line, as well as those who sacrificed their lives during world war 2, to preserve our freedoms and democracies. The fact that your trying to take credit for something which you have no understanding of speaks volumes about your credibility.
If anyone needs long term education, it's you.

[edit on 18-4-2008 by kindred]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jasonhb

"Everybody knows the russians helped move the wmd's to seria. "

Proof or reliable evidence please

Oh...And please learn to spell or use a spellcheck...Its syria not seria

Poor spelling in your posts only magnifies your ignorance and lack of knowledge about the topics being discussed here...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join