It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran the most powerful (nation) , says Ahmadinejad

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

I'd guess the spot the US is in in Iraq looks pretty good to you. Having forgotten that we bombed Iraq for 10 years and practically into the Stone Age before the invasion. Not much for the mighty American forces to be proud of there. But the Iraqi's have sure put up a good fight since.

Also, you apparently discount the numerous atrocities which have been broadcast around the world and have resulted in the complete loss of US prestige and honour.

Aren't things bad enough at home and abroad that you'd think before jumping off the deep end for another invasion and the thrill of watching America flushed down another toilet trying to make 3 wrongs a Right.

Iran is not the most powerful country in the world but I'd bet they're tough enough, and intact enough, to make the US (and guys like you) regret your arrogance and your ignorance.

The Recruiting Stations are eagerly awaiting your arrival. Go for it. Put your money where your mouth is.

[edit on 19-4-2008 by swami don]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by swami don

I am not sure why people like you get so confused when discussing events like the war in Iraq with the occupation of Iraq. Occupying any country is very difficult. I am sure the Germans could tell you all about that during WWII France.

Needless to say, the US military ran roughshod over Iraq in 2 wars. They barely even scratched our forces. If the US fights iran, the actual fighting will be more of the same. iran's military will not stand much of a chance against the US military. Our Air Force will dominate them, our Navy will sink theres in the first few days if not hours of fighting, and in any open land engagement, the fight will be one sided for the US. iran would be extremely foolish to try and stand and fight against any US forces.

I say this after having served 6 years in the US Navy and Army reserve and having spent 3 more years working as a contractor for the US Air Force. Since I am certain you have never put a uniform on in your life, I suggest you defer to those of us who have and know far more then you when it comes to Military capabilities.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manincloak
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

Don't make me laugh, the only thing the US military is designed to do, is waste taxpayers' money.

[edit on 19-4-2008 by Manincloak]

Can you tell me what part of the U.S. government isn't designed to waste taxpayer money?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
to: swami don

I fully support and second your views, and you know what, war on terror only has created win-win situation for Iran, they're oil-riched so they don't care about god damn UN sanctions, and you know Oil is already soaring high.

Iran may not defeat US, but US can not defeat Iran either. Also i would say, US policy maker miserably failed to understand the 'Shiite' ideology. Unlike Sunni, Shiite residing any corner of the world have great passion for each other. and You can just see that what kind of reception Ahemdinejad received in Iraq ... why??? only because he was Shiite. He was proudly walking through the streets of baghad as if his own home town.

Any attack on Iran by US would not be less than a suicide in my opinion! and I think this Bush administration is fully aware of this situation else they would have bombed Tehran by now.

[edit on 20-4-2008 by LOYAL]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by troppo_ozstyle

Originally posted by xxpigxx
Pretty simple, really

Not unlike many of the 'patriotic' posters in this thread. It's almost like watching US history unfold...starts off pretty good, a lot of thought went into the foundation and things are clearly explained. From there it deteriorates at an alarming rate with input by people who clearly have little or no understanding of the concept proposed in the beginning.

Has anyone noticed that not one single poster outside the US even remotely agrees with the views of the more rabid US posters here. Not friend nor foe, not ally nor enemy....why do you suppose that is?

Okay . . . then YOU explain to me how the US will have problems without mentioning the mountains, seeing as how no one else can.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by US Monitor

It's not about "military capabilities, it's about military (and political) realities.

Over 4,000 GI's KIA and 30,000+ wounded (and likely maimed) seems like more than the "scratch" you mention; and don't forget the flood of Vets into the VA system with PTSD, etc., and the 3 trillion that you'll need to pay off in your lifetime.

I'd ask you to go back to my original post and comment on the issues, but meanwhile, I'm sure Navy and the Air Force duty must have been very tough on you, sitting on the sidelines instead of the front lines.

My Service (that you disparage) was considerably different and it gave me some insight into the value of human life, my own and my comrades, many of whom paid the ultimate price learning the real costs of war.

You might say that my own relative, but momentary, inhumanities helped me to finally become human in the end. You should give it a try sometime.

[edit on 20-4-2008 by swami don]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by paul76

Relax Paul

I wanst referring to "Chops posts...As always they have been excellent...I was asking young jason to pull his head in...

All good ?

Peace

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I apologise if this has already been stated, but to win the war we need not lfire a single bullet. By win I mean 'stop the threat of an attack'. We can do this through cold war style espionage, just instead we get the people to hate their government... hate the Iranian government... plant in some scandals and scams that they have been 'running' against their people... then cripple their economy somehow... perhaps buy all our oil from russia... which should get russia warming up to us and then offer the people salvation from their poverty stricken lives. sadly none of this will work becsue of the history in Iraq and afghanistan.

If military might invaded Iran there who be no winners. US would suffer casualties because of the high tech guerrilla warfare tactics of Iran in a very large and mountainous country... but Iran would lose civilian lives more than any miltary casualties... thus history repeats itself... the people are against and you lose. However this time support for the US will be low, as British Forces are already spread thinner than the US and also politically Britain is moving away from US and closer to France...

Sadly the only reason for US to attack Iran would be another major terrorist attack, whether it will be 'planned' or real we wouldn't know... only that patriotism would rise in US and someone would have to be blamed for the attack.

I personally think that war in Sudan is more likely than a war in Iran... and I think we need one in Sudan... British and French politicians are pushing for a joint force to help the humanitarian crisis there... and to be fair it carries more justification than a war with Iran. However only time will tell us what is instore for our nations and our own future... be it devastation from an unsuspecting Iranian threat... a US attack on Iran... or another Cold War style stand-off which would be the most beneficial (economically and technologically through weapon stockpiles and a race to get better technology)...

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

I disagree, I think several posters have mentioned it but in a word....justification.
The military action won't be the problem, that will stem from the justification attempt.

I wasn't actually replying to you specifically with my last post, I only quoted you because your words perfectly summed up my opinion.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by C.G.B.Spender

Yeah, Sudan is a country that is falling apart. I can't believe the lack of coverage the political situation over there is getting.

Who cares what a jumped-up little Iranian idiot shouts, when there are actually thousands of people suffering for lack of a stable government.

However, the "no-one is paying attention to us! Waaa! We want some respect! Waaa!" attitude that has infested the Middle-East will probably mean that if the western world focuses on another country, they'll start a war with whoever's closest as a means of justifying their existence in the global political field...

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Iran the most powerful (nation) , says Ahmadinejad. What else is the man supposed to say? Iran is the weakess or I hate Iran. Ahmadinejad can't say anything bad about his country or he would be killed. No freedom of speech in Iran.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
Iran the most powerful (nation) , says Ahmadinejad. What else is the man supposed to say? Iran is the weakess or I hate Iran. Ahmadinejad can't say anything bad about his country or he would be killed. No freedom of speech in Iran.

US is safer now says Bush what else this guy is supposed to say? US is even more vulnerable to attacks or I am jackass Bush can't say anything bad about his country or he would be 'sacked'. No Privacy in US. ehehehe make sense?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by swami don
reply to post by US Monitor

It's not about "military capabilities, it's about military (and political) realities.

Over 4,000 GI's KIA and 30,000+ wounded (and likely maimed) seems like more than the "scratch" you mention; and don't forget the flood of Vets into the VA system with PTSD, etc., and the 3 trillion that you'll need to pay off in your lifetime.

I'd ask you to go back to my original post and comment on the issues, but meanwhile, I'm sure Navy and the Air Force duty must have been very tough on you, sitting on the sidelines instead of the front lines.

My Service (that you disparage) was considerably different and it gave me some insight into the value of human life, my own and my comrades, many of whom paid the ultimate price learning the real costs of war.

You might say that my own relative, but momentary, inhumanities helped me to finally become human in the end. You should give it a try sometime.

[edit on 20-4-2008 by swami don]

It is about capabilities. Do you even know what that word means? Look it up.
That 3 trillion number is a joke made up by fools who couldn't add 2+2 if there lives depended on it.

Thanks for pointing out that you can't read, or rather comprehend. I spent time in the service of the Navy and ARMY reserve and worked as a contractor for the Air Force. I see you tried to take a shot at me and you failed miserably by not even getting my service correct. And what do you know about where I served or what I did? I didn't go into detail.

And what service did you do? Obviously not military or you wouldn't have such ignorant posts.

5 years of war in Iraq and we have lost just over 4000 troops, and far less then the imagined 30,000 wounded. But put that in perspective, how many were lost in any war the US fought over 5 years? We lost more then that in one day in WWII.

But I don't expect someone who never wore a uniform to understand any of what I have posted.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
British dealers supply arms to Iran

www.guardian.co.uk...

Smuggling components for use in guided missiles, components intended to enhance the performance of Iranian aircraft, machine-guns used by the SAS and capable of firing 800 rounds a minute, importing components for the country's alleged nuclear weapons programme. It's a crazy world.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
Scared of Iran and Mr Dinnerjacket? Woopsydoo it's madness. The US military designed to fight the USSR, the Warsaw Pact and China simultaneously.... and you think Iran, Iraq and Afghanistan is going to defeat us. Bigs you're funny there. A bit over dramatic if I may say. If the US decides to take out Iran then it will happen. If the US decides to take the gloves off then it's gonna be real this time and no more PR. You remind me of all the posters who say 'the Iranians are a real proud people they aint gonna run away like the Arabs.' Lol that's a frequently heard thing here and it's hilarious. If China and Russia are given their share then Iran will be mushy peas before November and it's time to do with them what we did with the Nazis kids.........long term re education

Whatever.

That is what is boasted, but in case you are off in dreamland I will just remind you that despite our advertised capabilities, Al Sadr in iraq alone has proven he can kick our asses in a guerilla war whenever he feels like it....unless of course you are hiding in the green zone where you are only susceptible to rockets and mortars.

You had better hope we don't get into military conflict with russia and china, especially simultaneously, because unlike russia and china who are serious, and on firm footing, America is currently a joke both from a leadership, as well as a military standpoint.

Any war with russia and china will leave America, russia and china in ashes. here is no winner. I don't understand how people like yourself think we would ever win something like that when we can't even create a viable missile defense.

unbelieveable....wake up and quit watching future weapons on discovery channel. it's bad for your reasoning.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by WestPoint23

hhmmm. I'm still waiting for that expert reply.

You seemed so knowledgeable, yet never responded to my post after promising to do so.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
You guys seem to miss the point that you are not the audience he coined that phrase for.

His own people believe it. They will die believing it. They will die for having believed it.

It is the rallying call. If you want to get an enthusiastic mob of bumpkins to fight a war, you can't tell them that they can hold out for years before getting their butts kicked. I'ts not invigorating.

Of course he dosen't believe it himself! He's not stupid.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by swami don
reply to post by yellowcard

I'd guess the spot the US is in in Iraq looks pretty good to you. Having forgotten that we bombed Iraq for 10 years and practically into the Stone Age before the invasion. Not much for the mighty American forces to be proud of there. But the Iraqi's have sure put up a good fight since.

Also, you apparently discount the numerous atrocities which have been broadcast around the world and have resulted in the complete loss of US prestige and honour.

Aren't things bad enough at home and abroad that you'd think before jumping off the deep end for another invasion and the thrill of watching America flushed down another toilet trying to make 3 wrongs a Right.

Iran is not the most powerful country in the world but I'd bet they're tough enough, and intact enough, to make the US (and guys like you) regret your arrogance and your ignorance.

The Recruiting Stations are eagerly awaiting your arrival. Go for it. Put your money where your mouth is.

[edit on 19-4-2008 by swami don]

What are you even talking about; just because I think we would completely destroy Iran's military doesn't mean I want us to invade, I don't even want us in Iraq. The point is that the U.S. military would completely destroy Iran's military, anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool. Occupying a country and destroying a countries military are two completely different playing fields. Cool your jets, and stop making idiotic assumptions or putting words in my mouth.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by yellowcard]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

I seem to remeber that Iraq had the biggest standing Army in the world.

I seem to remeber that Afghanisatn was occupied for 10 years and cost the Commies tens of thousands of dead.

I seem to remeber that Iraq fought Iran to a standstill and the Iraniain Air Force is 35 year old American planes with no parts.

I'm not a general but I am a thinker.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

I seem to remember Iran has the 2 most powerful allies aside from the US. Guess who?

I seem to remember Iran has a vast reserve of oil, and if pressed, could seriously mess up our fuel supply.

I also remember that we're still bogged down in Iraq and Afghanistan with no end in sight.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join