It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran the most powerful (nation) , says Ahmadinejad

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Iran the most powerful (nation) , says Ahmadinejad

www.ndtv.com

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has proclaimed that Iran is the ''most powerful nation'' in the world as the country's air force boasted of its prowess at a time of mounting tension with the West.

''Iran is the most powerful and independent nation in the world,'' Ahmadinejad told a military parade outside Tehran marking the Islamic republic's annual army day.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
Iran to hold largest ever air parade
Iran Air Force to hold military parade on Thursday
Ahmadinejad says Iran World's 'Most Powerful Nation'
Ahmadinejad: Iran 'most powerful'
Ahmadinejad boasts over Iran's military power
Iran military guide
Military of Iran

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
New Iranian-Military Parade. *pix*
WAR: US military options in Iran not good: analysts
Iran's Military is Overrated and Outdated
Irans capibilities
The Coming war with Iran

[edit on 4/17/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
While I wouldn't say Iran is the most powerful nation, they are definitely on the up coming. Check out the additional links provided to see their capabilities. They are no Iraq. Plus their country is highly defensible. We aren't out of Iraq or Afghanistan yet, and Iran is a larger nation with a stronger military and very mountainous. We will not succeed if we invade.

A nuclear attack or "carpet-bombing" will put the world on the Iranians side, and probably end up hurting us in the long run.

Ahmadinejad described Iran as ''peace-loving'' but said the army and elite Revolutionary Guards would ''react strongly to the slightest aggression'' against its soil.

Granted any nation would respond to an attack on its soil.

''I am proud to announce today that the Iranian nation's power is of an extent that no major power can dare jeopardize the security and interests of the Iranian nation,'' said Ahmadinejad.

''The Iranian nation with its courageous army will defend its interests with all strength,'' he added.

That is true, no other nation alone would invade because they're not that stupid. The US military is stretched thin in Iraq and Afghanistan, and a conventional war would last decades with millions of deaths.

www.ndtv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Scared of Iran and Mr Dinnerjacket? Woopsydoo it's madness. The US military designed to fight the USSR, the Warsaw Pact and China simultaneously.... and you think Iran, Iraq and Afghanistan is going to defeat us. Bigs you're funny there. A bit over dramatic if I may say. If the US decides to take out Iran then it will happen. If the US decides to take the gloves off then it's gonna be real this time and no more PR. You remind me of all the posters who say 'the Iranians are a real proud people they aint gonna run away like the Arabs.' Lol that's a frequently heard thing here and it's hilarious. If China and Russia are given their share then Iran will be mushy peas before November and it's time to do with them what we did with the Nazis kids.........long term re education

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Nice one biggie,
I've been keeping up with the iranian side of the rhetoric war on Press TV and had intended to do a thread about it - you beat me to it, and have probably done a better job anyway

Anyone who thinks Iran is a pushover will be in for a nasty surprise.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I am scared of no man and no nation. Don't take truth as a sign of fear.

The US military has not won in Iraq or Afghanistan so far. How are they going to beat the Iranian military, which is far superior than Iraq and Afghanistan combined.

If the US decides to take the gloves off then it's gonna be real this time and no more PR.

The US military has taken its gloves off in Iraq. Even with the help of the mercenary forces we haven't seemed to suppress the "insurgency." You think Iraq is bad?

Iraq topo map:

Iraq is a flat, easily invaded nation.

Iran topo map:

Iran is mountainous with plenty of sea ports and allies in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

See the difference? The only way the US military will win is if they launch tactical nuclear missiles.

You remind me of all the posters who say 'the Iranians are a real proud people they aint gonna run away like the Arabs.'

What the hell does this have anything to do with the price of eggs?

If China and Russia are given their share then Iran will be mushy peas before November and it's time to do with them what we did with the Nazis kids.........long term re education

Huh? China and Russia are allies of Iran. Do you think they'll sit by as the US carves up a Middle Eastern Empire? I think not. We cannot beat Iran as our forces currently stand in conventional war, let alone the massive armies of Russia and China.

It looks like our education of the "nazis" hasn't worked out that well as the US politicians seem to be the ones acting like nazis these days.

P.S. Do you think the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan, and our "allies" in Pakistan were really about the Taliban/Al Qaeda and Saddam Hussein? Its about Iraq/Iranian oil and the pipeline through Afghanistan.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

I'd suggest a bit of research is in order.

If the US tries to invade Iran, they're going to get hurt.

They may win in the end, but it will set the country back many years.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Denial seems to be a lot stronger than reality. An invasion of Iran will spell disaster for the world community at large, but certainly an implosion of the US economy and military.

If deserters are bad now with the Iraq war, I can't imagine what they'd be like in Iran.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Yep - that's IF the US manages to come through its current troubles and remain a major force in the world markets.

I think they will, as they have too much going for them not to.

It wouldn't be like the collapse of the USSR.

That said, I think both sides in this are playing a dangerous game - it's like a game of international chicken, but no-one wants to veer off first.

I hope I'm wrong, but I have maintained for some time now that the US will attack, in one form or another.

I'm not sure if even bush & co are stupid enough to invade - but strategic bombing is another matter.

Then Iran retaliates by hitting israel, then
BOOM

ww3

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Thank you for adding an intelligent response to the discussion...

You have to understand the context in which this statement was given. Ahmadinejad was talking to a military parade, and obviously trying to stir national pride.

He may be delusional enough to believe Iran is the most powerful nation, but if you add their allies in to the mix, they are the strongest coalition in the world:

Lebanon
Syria
China
Russia
India
Pakistan (sort of, they are allies to the US as well)
Iraq ?
Afghanistan
Venezuela
North Korea
Libya ?

Remember the "Axis of Evil"

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

I think a lot of people are confusing reality with patriotism. Iran would be no push over even under the best of conditions, and I think Russia and China would step into the fray should we unwisely attack them.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I think what people need to imagine is this:

Imagine fighting a huge well equipped army, with all the proper support functions and no supply issues in terrain similar to afghanistan, with the indigenous population against you and potential russian and chinese support (even if only defensive)

Doesn't sound so easy to me

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Well one of the most independent nations, certainly.

Their banking system remains free of control by the International banking cartel:

On October 25, 2007, the United States announced harsh new penalties on the Iranian military and its state-owned banking systems. Sanctions, bellicose rhetoric and the implicit threat of military action are goads for another war, one that critics fear is more likely to ignite a nuclear holocaust than prevent one. The question is, why is Iran considered such a serious threat? The official explanation is that it is planning to develop nuclear weapons. But the head of the UN watchdog agency IAEA says he has "no concrete evidence" of an Iranian weapons program.1 And even if there were one, a number of countries have tested or possess nuclear weapons outside the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, including Pakistan, North Korea, India, and probably Israel; yet we don't consider that grounds for military action. Iran would just be joining a long list of nuclear powers.

Compound interest is the secret weapon that has allowed a global banking cartel to control most of the resources of the world.

...It is this debt scheme, with its lethal weapon of interest compounded annually, that has allowed a small clique of financiers to dominate the business of the world...

...The key to the bankers' success was that they would control and manipulate the money systems of the world while letting them appear to be controlled by governments.
www.opednews.com | Behind the Drums of War with Iran: Nuclear Weapons or Compound Interest?

Thread here:

Behind the Drums of War with Iran: Nuclear Weapons or Compound Interest?

If the chickenhawks take any overt military action against Iran without executing a convincing false flag event prior, it will be the end of America as we once knew it...I would say that's pretty powerful mojo.

There are many other forms of power besides "my missile is bigger than your missile."

Who let these puerile sociopaths gain control of these nations?

Why are they still in power?

What's it gonna take for the citizens of the world to rise up and cast off these snickering tools of the elite?

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The only power in THIS world is the holy dollar.

If Iran were the most powerful nation in the world, their economy would be influencing global positions and portfolios.

For the time being, only the US is capable of that. That, I'm certain will change, but until it does, without reservation I can say that the US is by far, the most powerful nation in the world.

Anything the Iranian President is saying, like mentioned before, is solely to stir up national pride during a military parade. Any reasonable leader would do exactly the same.

AB1

[edit on 17-4-2008 by alphabetaone]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I had a nice long reply typed out and my freaking internet locked up......

To summarize:
1. Military wise, we won the war in Iraq. We toppled the regime, and destroyed their army without suffering hardly any casualties. Politically, we aren't winning the war, but militarily we won a long time ago. Iraq would barely even be considered a test for our military. So as long as we don't plan on trying to occupy Iran, their military wouldn't stand much of a chance.

2. Their coalition is not as powerful as you make them out to be. Their power comes from the threats of crazy leaders. North Korea's largest threat is that they would wipe out Seoul immediately. Other than that, they aren't much of a threat to anyone. China and Russia are threats but then we are talking nuclear war and that's no fun for anyone. Using conventional weapons alone, I would bet that the Allied Coalition would win the war.

I just think that you are letting the perception of losing a guerilla war due to political reasons affect your judgment on the actual military power of the US.

Remember, in this war that people think we lost or are losing, it took us 5 years to lose 4000 troops. How long did it take for Iraq to lose 4000?

I am not supporting any unjustified war. I just think that if our military is asked to take out Iran and not occupy it and try to get the Iranians to love us at the same time, that we would not have much of a problem.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Iran will be a piece of piss budski. It is the main pillar within The Axis of Evil and needs eliminating................. a point widely acknowledged in the region. Iran is the thorn in Americas side. France, Britain and Israel want it disabled for a generation. It will happen........Irans time is coming

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone
The only power in THIS world is the holy dollar.

In about six months time, you're going to be using the past tense in relation to that sentence.

The dollar is finito.

On the topic of Iran's military: Yes, they are incredibly more organised, far stronger and more disciplined than that of Iraq. While shock and awe made it look like the Iraqis were easier to take over than a flowerbed, Iran is the equivalent of a hornets nest... best not messed with.

China and Russia will not side with Iran militarily though- that would ensure their total destruction by nuclear exchanges. The US could get away with launching a conventional attack, but it would make vietnam, iraq and afghanistan look like walks in the park compared to an attack on iran.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Of course it will.

Thanks so much for you valuable insights and excellent information.

I'll be sure to refer to your posts when I need a valuable source of input.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

"Axis of evil" was a term used by United States President George W. Bush in his State of the Union Address on January 29, 2002 in order to describe governments that he accused of helping terrorism and seeking weapons of mass destruction. Bush named Iraq, Iran, and North Korea in his speech. Bush's presidency has been marked by this notion as a justification for his War on Terrorism.
Wikipedia | Axis of Evil

There are now only 5 nations on the world left without a Rothschild controlled central bank: Iran; North Korea; Sudan; Cuba; and Libya.
The French Connection | The History of the House of Rothschild

Follow the money and connect the dots...

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
And they have the air power to prove it:

[/img]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join