It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fresno Student Shot, Killed by Police Officer After Bat Attack

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by FewWorldOrder

(By the way, after seeing pictures of the bat, it doesn't look like something you would find laying around in a school.)

I got the videos to load and I'm watching the press confrence now. They showed that bat and it looked like a regular bat modified to conceal easier by sawing off the handle. Also they said they busted the student before with a 10" butchers knife concealed on his person. It seems as though it was planed. They said he hid and waited for Perry to imerge then ambused him. Then they said after the kid hit the officer, the kid was standing over Perry with the bat in both hands held above his head and saying "what you gonna do now". Then Perry called out for help, then grabbed his secondary gun and fired. I'm still watching the videos so I will post if I find anything new.

[edit on 19-4-2008 by schism85]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by schism85

The kid resented authority, so much he was willing to die to prove it. Wonder if he ever got beat up during an interrogation?

[edit on 4/19/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
|---TRAGIC BUT FAIR---|

There was a news story a while back --- not on ATS --- where an officer almost lost his life and spent months rehabilitating after being attacked by a baseball bat. It can be a deadly weapon.

It is tragic this youth lost his life over a stupid decision but that is life. If you act like a violent punk --- expect to be taken down. The officer was acting in self defense and did not have a hell of a lot of time to plan his defensive strategies. Sad but that is how the world works. Sorry kid:: If you cannot learn from the examples of others you may end up being an example to others. Don't attack a police officer.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The autopsy results came in and its says that the student was hit in the shoulder, and the bullet traveled downwards and hit a major artery. Now I guess there is a little controversy over the findings of the report.

Fresnobee.com posted this article : Report raises questions in fatal school shooting

Here is a snippet

Harry Bonnell, a San Diego pathologist who is an expert witness in court cases, said "it would be most unlikely that [Perry] was shooting from a lower position." Bonnell based his opinion on trajectory information that was provided to him over the telephone.

Dyer said Friday that "there's too many variables" to draw that conclusion.

Perry and Carrizales were on a ramp when the shooting occurred, and the angle of the ramp might have played a role in the trajectory, Dyer said. It's also possible that Perry was getting up when he fired his weapon, and that Carrizales -- who was about 6 feet, 2 inches tall -- could have been bending over him, Dyer said

Now I know that doesn't prove anything, and I still strongly believe it was self-defense unless proven otherwise. I just thought it was worth documenting.

[edit on 19-4-2008 by schism85]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by schism85

If the officer rolled over onto his back, but was in a declined position on the ramp as the attacker leaned over him, the angle might be possible. If the kid was leaning in toward him, the top of his shoulder would have been exposed, and the bullet would have travelled into the torso or body cavity from what would otherwise be from above.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   

they said they busted the student before with a 10" butchers knife concealed on his person

If this is true, then there likely would have been prior contact between the kid and the cop, which flatly contradicts earlier reports that the cop didn't know the kid. And that makes you wonder what else they are lying about.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by starviego

Yes, because being arrested once for having a knife automatically means you meet EVERY cop in town. Think man, think!

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join