It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VERY strange Inverness UK sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
img365.imageshack.us...

Let me explain the above image.

Its a false colour (obviouse or what ?) taken in the evening from the bank of trees near where I am living at the minute.

Very very clear evening, but I noticed the birds had stopped singing, and I felt I was 'being watched'. I had the camera with me, and then I saw this 'thing' in the sky. To look at it full on, it was damned near invisible, but out of the side of the eye, there was a weird 'wrongness to the patch of sky'.

So I took this shot of the area I thought I could see it, and thats what i captured.

I stood for another minute to see if I could get another shot as it passed nearer and to my right, but I just got really 'creeped out' and ashamed as I am to say it, dashed back indoors feeling really spooked.

So, an invisible UFO ? or terrestrial craft with the ability to hide from plain sight ? I cannot say, but there was no noise at all, not even bird song to mask any thing (the woods are normally a riot at that time of evening with bird song).

Under this next link is the patch of sky with normal colours, but I still have the origional on the camera to show all the data such as time and date ect.

So... heres the 'clear sky'.

img386.imageshack.us...

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I've downloaded and blown up the "clear sky" pic and it looks to me like a wispy cloud where you say this "craft" appears, although that's just my opinion.

(by the way I've got a 32" monitor so I get a good sized image to examine).

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
There is a oddity to it that is for sure.

I inverted the colour for contrast.

It almost looks like a warp shock wave.

Source

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
looks similar to what i witnessed but i watched as it flew behind a commercial plane. i've been watching the skies for it since. i really wanted to see it during the day. i had seen it at night butt i suppose since Philadelphia is 20 or so miles away the atmosphere had light even so late to show the shading contrast that i would have missed had i not looked at the plane flying over head.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

this is what i posted that night. i havn't been able to drop it in my mind since. i don't blame you for being afraid. you think you know what you'll do until it happens.
great catch!

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

I really think it'd be useful to contact your local meteorological service. There are many weird meteorological phenomena (like mini-tornadoes and such - BTW, I am not saying that this was a mini tornado), so it would be a good idea to first rule that out.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I have to admit, it only looks like a wispy cloud as yellowbeard has mentioned above. I see a lot of those where I am from. I also work in the weather industry so I'm used to seeing these kinds of things.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Sorry for the lack of replies, but am busy tramping about the Cairngorms in the snow : )

As for the clouds theory, well sorry no it was no cloud. No cloud I have ever seen has been able to evade the eye. I took a picture during a clear evening with clouds only in the far far distance, and yet this 'cloud' was travelling all by its self far from others ?

I'll also add that i have never ever seen a cloud that can evade the eye or give me a serious case of the creeps.

A shock wave ? could be, but the absolute silence again goes against this - but there again could it of come from an ultra silent aircraft ?

I have no ideas, just thought that some one would be able to say ' i saw some thing like that too!'

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mrRviewer

Thanks for that post, added some thoughts to ponder on.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
I took a picture during a clear evening with clouds only in the far far distance, and yet this 'cloud' was travelling all by its self far from others ?

Are you saying that a little cloud won't be all on it's own in the sky ?

mmmmmm, that one seems to be, I'd like to have seen this one under the same evening light conditions yours was taken in.

[edit on 19-4-2008 by yellowbeard]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Im saying that I can tell a cloud when I see it, and a cloud that travels against all the others and scares the hell out of me AND I cannot see whilst looking at it and have to GUESS where it is to get a piccie.

Thats what I am trying to say.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

That would be one of the critters that live in the air according to
one researcher.

Or a UFO covered in positive ions... which is theory and hard to verify
but UV and dark violet emissions from air is known scientifically according
to perhaps another researcher.

Or just a lens or photo anomaly.

Or an ET space craft from other people.

Or fake UFO from others

Pick number two to be correct.
But it does look like some light-lens interference.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Looks like dust in the lens, on the lens or on the camera sensor

top topics

join