It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do ghosts prefer the dark?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I'd say that that's the best time for them to try communicating with us as this is when we sleep. During sleep paralysis or possibly when dreaming, I think they have much more of a chance to communicate with us.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
There is sooo much guesswork on this thread, with absolutely no way of determining who's right. That renders this entire discussion null and void for the purpose of learning anything. The only thing we can hear on this thread are baseless theories, guesswork, and wishful thinking.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
There is sooo much guesswork on this thread, with absolutely no way of determining who's right. That renders this entire discussion null and void for the purpose of learning anything. The only thing we can hear on this thread are baseless theories, guesswork, and wishful thinking.

You are right in your idea that no one knows much about the truths of this world. Even our greatest minds such as Enstien said he wasnt really sure what energy really is.
But most of what I base off paranormal is what I know about science.
If energy can not be destoried, then it must go somewhere.

If everything we see are photons processed by our 5 senses, then what is outside that frequency range?
Some call them ghosts, some call them other things.

But you are right, its alot of guess work, from all sides.
But there is sertinly something to energy, and how it works from a fundalmental veiw point.

These ghosts and spirits are there. We are surrounded by energy at all times. Its only the 5 senses that pick up the processed photons.
Our 6th sense can pick up photons that are jsut outside our frequency range.

So to say its all guess work is right, but then agin you have to think of it in these terms for me to understand anything paranormal.
We are energy. Photons of light. Hence we are all beings of light.
But only threw the 5 senses are we turned into mental copies within our own minds.

When senses process information outside our frequency range, its all guess work at that point, because its at a different level.
Something we as humans, are taught from a young age to deny.

Its built into us to deny, and forgot to fathom just what might be.
But who is to say what is and what isnt.
All we know is what our 5 senses tell us.
Some have higher senses.. Yet those higher senses can not be prooved threw the 5 sense reality we have created..

Its a conundrum!

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I dont really know as much about ghosts as id like but somebody who knew a fair bit about them once told me that they are more comfortable in the darkness and can manifest better in the dark. he also said something about the light bothering them and how only some ghosts are real and some are like "recordings" and that only the real ghosts are affected by light but i can't remember all the details. its just not a subject that interests me anymore but i hope that info helps

CX

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I've lived in haunted houses all my life. (I'm haunted).
Spooks 'do their thing' at all hours - day and night.

Flyers, was it you that was contemplating buying a known haunted house a while back?

I'm sure an ATS member posted about it?

Do you bother with the spirits in your house much? Or do you you just ignore them and get on with things?

CX.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420

I hate to burst your bubble amigo, but most stuff that we don't understand or know very little of involves ALOT of guessing.
Just check out most of the stuff in the UFO, Predictions and Paranormals threads.

Originally posted by HuntaXX
....only some ghosts are real and some are like "recordings" and that only the real ghosts are affected by light but i can't remember all the details.

I already answered this earlier.
They are "Residual" Huntings. It's basically a recording playing over and over.
Then there's the "Intelligent" Huntings.... These guys are basically aware of their surrounding and you.

and the last...
it's Non-Humans.... the name says it. They are Demons and stuff like that... depends if you are religious or not.

Again here is the a website with ALOT of good info on the subject.

www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I just dont want to label them as "demons" as i feel that its a limited and primitive way to avoid facing the fact that we dont really understand what kind of life form they really are. if anyone here feels they understand what "demons" really are id be greatly interested to hear their thoughts

[edit on 21-4-2008 by HuntaXX]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by HuntaXX
I just dont want to label them as "demons" as i feel that its a limited and primitive way to avoid facing the fact that we dont really understand what kind of life form they really are. if anyone here feels they understand what "demons" really are id be greatly interested to hear their thoughts

[edit on 21-4-2008 by HuntaXX]

I agree with you 100% and I think the people at TAPS also do.
That's why they made that category.... Non-human. ;p

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
yea but then again no either way

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
yea but then again no either way

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
According to our experience humans feel them better at night because less stimuli arise their attention (noise, light etc.). Daytimes we are swamped with stimuli. At night we don't see well that's why we feel ghosts more easily.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by magestyk7

Exactly. It's laughable. There is no learning in these threads, just a bunch of guesses thrown about as if anyone has a hope of learning anything about this. A group of armchair enthusiasts playing "Scientist", only without any of the hard work that is science. TAPS are a great example of that - they talk about all these "theories" yet have no evidence for any of them. "Ghosts use less energy to manifest" etc. etc. They've violated the first rule of scientific study by having so many unknown variables in play at each investigation. They clearly don't want to learn about ghosts, they just want to be the new Ray Stanz and Peter Venkman. There is zero scientific content in any of these threads, and definitely zero in Ghost Hunters.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
I am a sucker for ghosthunting programmes, the good and not so good, i'll watch most of them.

One thing puzzles me though, why is it they always have to do the ghosthunt at night when it's dark?

Ghosts don't just come out in the dark, there are plenty of images that have been captured during the day.

Plus, in the daylight you'd see better and be able to discount anything that you might mistake as a spirit in the dark. I mean if you are in a darkened corridor and see a sheet slung over a door, that could look like all kinds of things. In the daylight, it's just a sheet on a door.

Half the orbs seen on camera at night are either moths or dust...or there is uncertainty so they are given the benefit of the doubt and put down to spirits.

Do you think the tv ghosthunting programmes turn the lights off for entertainment and spook value?

I also ask this because my ten year old daughter is fascinated by the supernatural, and always asks if we can do a ghosthunt at night. I'm a bit wary of freaking her out too much so said we could always go up to the local churchard and cemetary (1000 years old), in the daytime or at dusk and take some piccies to look at on the computer.

I just think that in the dark, the mind and eyes play tricks on you, therefore hindering any decent paranormal investigation.

CX.

I believe they do, only because they can't find their way into the Light.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX

Do you think the tv ghosthunting programmes turn the lights off for entertainment and spook value?

Absolutly.

I'm not saying I don't belive in ghosts or spirits but I used to watch some shows, I liked the odd shock or scare considering i'm a big horror fan for the same reason.

Anyway I was watching for quite some time and always in the back of my mind looking for holes in the show. I found one that say's fake to me.

They were in a room and suddenly a spoon flew across the room, from directly behind the camera, the cameraman said it came from over his shoulder when you could clearly see it come from under the camera in an arcing movement from an underarm throw. For further proof the positon of the spoon if thrown over the camera would have had to travel through the camerman.

Plus Derek Acorah is a complete phoney. But good entertainment value, along with alot of these other TV psychics.

They are pure entertainment and nothing more IMHO.

CX

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies to this thread, and i apreciate that some members will think it's all a load of rubbish, and others that are interested in discovering the cause of so many things that are obviously NOT normal.

Last night i did a fun investigation with my 10 year old daughter in the local cemetary (her choice), and had a great time. What was interesting though, was the immense change in our perception of anything and everything once daylight had gone.

All of our senses went into overdrive, and this caused things to appear not as they should. The fear factor kicked i too. I spent the majority of the dark hours with goosepimples and the hairs of my neck on end!

To think i was supposed to be looking after my daughter!

I do feel it's pretty ignorant to dismiss all paranormal, and even some of the footage caught on these ghosthunting shows.

Show me proof that these things are real, or prove that it's not. Until then, guesswork will form much of a search for the truth.

Thanks again.

CX.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I used to live in a haunted house and it happened strange even daytime. But during evenings and nights it was worse. For me it began with when an company in my house did some strange tests during the night. We heard very strange sounds from them. They worked with electromagnetic things, machines and so. So I have always wondered if it was that electromagnetic things that started it all...

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
It has been my experience that ghosts have no preference. The house I grew up in had a spirit in it and he would always be around (day or night) actually he was most noticeable in the mornings around 7 when I would be getting ready for work or school, not too active at night. I did notice that he preferred certain parts of the house though, for about 20 yrs I never noticed him anywhere except the basement, recently he has begun to venture upstairs, but I don't know why. I don't say that the house was haunted because, for me, haunted stirs up spooky/scary feelings and he was neither.

I think that all these ghost hunting shows go at night, or spend the night (do you hear the spooky music too) because it makes for good t.v. but it is far from necessary. There is a "haunted" cemetery near my home and being as it closes at dusk many people do go ghost hunting during the day, and some of the photos I've seen are simply beautiful. One in particular is the grave of a young girl where people have reported healings and other miracles. Some of the photos include a ghostly girl praying on her knees near the headstone, doves near the site, and the most beautiful colors all around the grave. I don't know if the colors would pick up at night, since I have never seen similar pictures taken at night.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Ok first things first. I hate the theory that ghosts come out at night to "mock God". This is nothing to do with religon, ghosts were here before Jesus died and they were here after, simple.

Second, I KNOW ghosts (or at least spirits of some kind) are real. Why? I've seen what they call "Shadow People" in my house, my whole family has. They have a knack for mimicking voices, a funny thing I stumbled upon recently.

Are they spirits of dead people or just some kind of interdimensional, can't tell...

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
How would a ghost know it was dark in the first place? If a ghost is semi-transparent or incorporeal they wouldn't be able to create retinal images due to the lack of components in their eyes that had the capability to refract and project images.

Ghosts would be blind.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I turn off the lights at night when I sleep for as long as I can remember. In that way, I can see a ghost while it's still a few meters away and make a run for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join