It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Torturers In The Whitehouse: Why Is This Story Being Ignored?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Torturers In The Whitehouse: Why Is This Story Being Ignored?

alternet.org

Why is this not bigger news?

Remember when the nation was brought to a virtual standstill over Bill Clinton's affair with a White House intern?

We now have confirmation that the President of the United States gave the OK for his national security team to violate international law and plot the sordid details of torture. The Democrats in Congress should be raising the roof.

House Judiciary Committee Chair John Conyers, to his credit, has suggested subpoenaing the members of the Principals Committee, calling their actions "a stain on our democracy."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
If anyone had any doubts prior to this, this should now PROVE once and for all that we can no longer trust the MSM to do its job whatsoever...This story has all but been ignored , or given a one minute clip on the 10 o'clock news...The media should be going after these criminals and exposing them for the animalistic scum that they are..Every last one of them should be on trial for their crimes against humanity, yet they're just sitting smugly in front of the cameras thumbing their noses and flipping the bird to the entire world.

And the MSM are their co-conspirators by failing to put their CRIMES under the microscope...

Sick.

Goldsmith also criticized the torture memos for their "extremely broad and unnecessary analysis of the President's Commander-in-Chief power" and for their extremely loose definition of torture as limited to causing a level of pain akin to organ failure.

Pointing out that the Administration was violating the War Crimes Act of 1996, the Geneva Conventions, and the Uniform Code of Military Justice, Goldmith withdrew Yoo's torture memos -- and promptly resigned his post.

Even after losing that flimsy legal cover, Bush and the other members of the Principals Committee appear unrepentant and undeterred.

alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
It's alright because "enhanced interrogation techniques" is not the same a "torture," just as "prisoner of war" is not the same as "insurgent," and "drunk driving" is not the same as "driving while not fully responsive," or "call girl" is not the same as a "prostitute"

Of course, when Bush's cronies makes a new title for the same definition, they think they can bypass any laws through this loophole.

Next time I get a speeding ticket, I'm going to tell the Judge, I wasn't speeding, I was merely "not staying stationary."

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Next time I get a speeding ticket, I'm going to tell the Judge, I wasn't speeding, I was merely "not staying stationary."

Now that I like!!!!!
Why is this being overlooked exactly what DJMessiah said the terminology has been modified along with the rules.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Actually this is not going unnoticed:

These monsters are getting popped left and right. All the lies are surfacing and the amount of deception has reached critical mass:

Good people are trying to get the word out. There are very few true patriots left whom are close enough to the podium, let alone a microphone. All the celebrities and notables who do not use their voice for the truth will fall by the wayside- either become very sick or fade into obscurity for either fear of standing up (which is why they were led to prominence), or remaining in self-absorbed pursuit of wealth and fame.

But the word is getting out. I starred and flagged this thread.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

That is right Messiah our elitic government just change their wording and everything sounds legal.

They know that most Americans do not take their time to look in a dictionary for the other alternative meanings.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Sadly a number of those "Americans" still insist on believing the right-wing noise machine and cheerleading for the Bush Administration. There are some right here on ATS; check out the apologists on this thread right here.

And honestly, it's not even that they don't understand--it's that they don't care. They're so wrapped up in their internal conflict between their fear of brown people, "alien" religions, and "godless Liberal weenies" and their fervent desire to see hind ends kicked and revenge taken (even if they're too chicken to go to war and do it themselves) they'll eat any horse manure this "Administration" feeds them. Deny ignorance? They're ignorant by choice.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Our country is not going to a standstill for a bunch of Arab terrorists who wants to be heard. Especially considering the Al Qaeda manual that presents that concept in which you need to be heard to prevent your enemies from torturing you.

Allah Akbar!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Reminds me of the new southpark .. You didn't cheat . you "misinterpreted the rules"

Never in a million years if they knew it was wrong would they have done it right?

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Our country is not going to a standstill for a bunch of Arab terrorists who wants to be heard. Especially considering the Al Qaeda manual that presents that concept in which you need to be heard to prevent your enemies from torturing you.

Allah Akbar!!!

Funny you call them "Arab terrorists who want to be heard". Osama bin Laden wrote that he wanted 3 things to come from 9/11:

A) American troops to abandon Saudi bases and leave Saudi soil (because their presence defiled the Holy Land).

Result: Success. The last American troops still in Saudi Arabia left last year.

B) To draw America into an unwinnable conflict in the Middle East that would bankrupt us.

Result: Success. The combined occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan have sent the national debt soaring, and drained resources needed for more important matters (such as domestic infrastructure and energy independence). There is no end in sight, the Taliban is resurgent in Afghanistan, and Iraq is in a state of civil war between factions now too numerous to count. We're now rattling sabers with Iran.

C) To drive oil above $100/barrel, increasing and ensuring the wealth of Saudi Arabia for generations to come.

Result: Success! Oil broke $113/barrel this week.

Thus far the Bush Administration has given Osama bin Laden every single thing he stated he wanted to accomplish with the 9/11 attacks. Handed it right to him on a silver platter. Why does no one pay attention to these facts?

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Here's a terminology that's also been modified. Remember when "waterboarding" was called a "toilet swirllie?" I guess that also means that what used to be known as "hazing" is now referred to as "torture." Most of America felt the Lyndie England naked butt pyramid of terrorists story was blown waaayyy out of proportion back when the MSM made it their top story. Thus, the media learned an important lesson; most Americans really don't care if people that wish them dead are getting hazed or mocked. While I'll wholely agree the media's infatuation with fluff stories about Britney Spears, who's lost the most on Biggest Loser, or where Tom Cruise's kid has been lately is a joke, I think they're starting to learn that the leftist fringe stories don't get people to watch more news because the majority of America sees them for what they are, sensationalistic liberalism of the news.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
Here's a terminology that's also been modified. Remember when "waterboarding" was called a "toilet swirllie?" I guess that also means that what used to be known as "hazing" is now referred to as "torture." Most of America felt the Lyndie England naked butt pyramid of terrorists story was blown waaayyy out of proportion back when the MSM made it their top story. Thus, the media learned an important lesson; most Americans really don't care if people that wish them dead are getting hazed or mocked. While I'll wholely agree the media's infatuation with fluff stories about Britney Spears, who's lost the most on Biggest Loser, or where Tom Cruise's kid has been lately is a joke, I think they're starting to learn that the leftist fringe stories don't get people to watch more news because the majority of America sees them for what they are, sensationalistic liberalism of the news.

Or maybe it's because pretty much the entire MSM is owned by the very ultra-right-wing predators who benefit from making such decisions as authorizing torture in order to desensitize the American public.

Let's get something straight, one bird-man to another:

THERE IS NO G*D-DAMNED LIBERAL MAINSTREAM MEDIA.

The MSM is almost wholly owned by giant mega-corporations. NBC is owned by General Electric, one of this country's biggest Military Contractors. You think that has no bearing on their "news" coverage? Rupert Murdoch, who isn't even a damn American, owns Fox and all of its affiliates. He's as right-wing as they come. Where do you get this crap about "liberal media"? So-called "liberal" media is a tiny minority compared to that which is owned by the Elite Powers, and the Elite Powers tell you exactly what they want you to hear and believe, and you apparently are only too happy to lap it up like a good little dog. You sniff it, you lick it, you eat it and you roll around in it because it justifies your conflicting fear of the unknown and your anger and desire to hurt and destroy that fear brings. This website's motto is "Deny Ignorance". You should flippin' try it sometime.

[edit on 4/17/2008 by The Nighthawk]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Nighthawk

Originally posted by deltaboy

Allah Akbar!!!

Thus far the Bush Administration has given Osama bin Laden every single thing he stated he wanted to accomplish with the 9/11 attacks. Handed it right to him on a silver platter. Why does no one pay attention to these facts?

Probably because this is what the current administration and New York got out of 9/11:

1. The twin towers were both condemned buildings in which the cost to update them and make them safe was not as cheap as tearing them down and starting over.

2. Osama's claim gave the WAR TEAM the greenlight to invade the middle east.

3. Israelis got to play with some cool new toys.

4. Rudy Gulliani got a ticket to the big show.

5. The people got to see a red flag op, up close and personal.

6. People made vast sums of money

7. NORAD finally got to have a day off and play with their planes and toys without being bothered by trivial REAL national securities issues.

8. Demolition experts got to knock down the big ones as effectively as the little ones.

9. Micro nukes efficiency was proven.

10. Popular Mechanics received some really great press and their profits soared- and even their office space rentals received some impressive new clients.

11. American Airlines thrived for the very first time in years!!

12. Many people got to witness our presidents love for children and his ability to read calmly finishing his story even while we were under "attack". Amazing restraint and determination proving that no child will be left behind- not until the story is finished anyway.

13. America got to see how smart bikers really are underneath all that gritty veneer as he told us all about the "structural" failures of the building when hit by a jet airplane.

14. Americans finally faced the fact that the middle east would probably best serve mankind if it were reduced to green glass.

15. The world got to see just how nasty, despicable and what a huge threat to the entire world that Saddam Huessein was shortly before he was dragged out of a spiderhole covered in lice and over $700,000.00 in Federal Reserve printed currency.

16. The American people got to spend the next 7 years arguing about a bunch of details over the most traumatic event in our history and still have not reached a verdict.

17. This event divided the people of this once potentially great nation into obscurity and paranoia and fear.

18. The official 9/11 commission report was found to be scientifically proven by the smartest and sharpest people at Popular Mechanics magazine and is considered by the government to be a closed matter.

19. Our president warned us all not to engage in wild conspiracy theories and our former president told us all, "How dare we question 9/11 or even say it was an inside job".

20. 9/11 truther's became alarmist liars. Conspiracy theorist's became insane lunatics and unsubstantiated debunker's became the real and accepted truther's and now everyone who denies the lie is an enemy of the state and is considered a terrorist- even they believe- which I do- that Muslim and Islam are insane beliefs

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dk3000

Great comprehensive post dk!

*taps fingers as he begins waiting for sucker debunkers to begin their assault*

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
reply to post by dk3000

Great comprehensive post dk!

*taps fingers as he begins waiting for sucker debunkers to begin their assault*

The debunkers will never find the actual middle eastern terrorist who is responsible- this is because he is gay- and we all know there are no gay Muslims.

The real person responsible is none other than:

Ladies and Gentlem- Please meet: Osama Bin Shoppin'

[edit on 17-4-2008 by dk3000]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dk3000

LOL!...Geez...That was terrific...You and nighthawk are on a roll lately. I wish ATS still had the "way above" buttons, there are a couple of folks that have been sitting in the trenches as of late going after the gov defenders that I'd like to vote for. Keep up the good fight guys.

It's unreal how far downhill the corpomedia has slid in terms of its flagrant transparency of reporting and exposing the crimes against the world their masters are doling out...

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dk3000

While I disagree with you that Islam is an "insane belief" (I'd argue that ALL religions are just a little on the crazy side, but extremists like the Taliban make up a small percentage overall of the followers of Islam) I'm pretty much with you on most of the rest. Some things I'd like to see more evidence on, but overall you've got it--too many powerful people have profited from the series of events that began with the Supreme Court (illegally) hearing Bush V. Gore. They sold us ALL out. Some people just need a little more prodding to get with the program.

[edit on 4/17/2008 by The Nighthawk]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Waterboarding is torture. If 'W' ever PERSONALLY gave it a try he'd know that.

[edit on 4/17/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Well, we drown our SEALS and bring them back to life. We also have a history of using many tactics against our own Marines, including waterboarding, as a training exercise in case they are ever held captive. What I said about waterboarding being nothing more than a glorified swirlie stands.

Nighthawk: Keep telling yourself the media is right wing. It's especially quaint when you consider every poll conducted of MSM figureheads shows that the vast majority of the people that "make" the news we watch support traditional liberal buzz topics such as abortion, gun control, and maintaining political correctness. Explain to me how, if you will, the media can be a right wing stronghold when every media outlet outside of FOX News started very shortly after 9/11 began using non inflamitory terms when discussing the terrorists and stopped showing the images of things like Muslims celebrating in the streets and Americans leaping to their deaths from the towers because they wanted to ensure they weren't offending the Muslim world? That sure as hell doesn't fit into your conspiracy theory about the media being in bed with the right wing corporate machine. Obviously someone in the White House or at GE forgot to send out the "We want Americans as angry as can be so they'll toe the line and believe we should be fighting a war in the Middle East" memo to the networks, because FOX seemed to be the only one that even came close to actively proclaiming an "America First" stance in their reporting. Just seems like CNN would have reinstated the word "foreign" and CBS would have instructed their reporters to put those little USA flag pins back on if your ideas had any merit.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Nighthawk
THERE IS NO G*D-DAMNED LIBERAL MAINSTREAM MEDIA.

Oh, really? Then why isn't every story that comes out of Iraq positive? Why isn't every story about rainbows and sunshine and smiling kids going to school? If it was a "right wing media" that's what you'd see. You wouldn't never had know anything about Abu Ghrabi since it would have been censored at the start.

Waterboarding is torture. That's a laugh. If all I had to worry about when captured is waterboarding, I'd sleep well at night.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join