It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Third Seal is upon us - Food riots 'an apocalyptic warning'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Rev 6:6:

And I heard something like a voice in the center of the four living creatures saying, "A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; and do not damage the oil and the wine."

King James Version:

6And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

This is the third seal. Isn't ironic the troubles the world is facing with the food crisis and the demand for oil?

Brazil's Lula: food riots are wake-up call

Food riots 'an apocalyptic warning'
Basic access to food is slipping out of reach for many people in developing countries.

The cost of the rice has risen by more than three-quarters in two months and the price of wheat has more than doubled in the same time.

I feel the Prophecy is unfolding right now.

Biofuels 'crime against humanity'
The UN special rapporteur on the right to food, Jean Ziegler, said he feared biofuels would bring more hunger

I believe we are in the third seal.

The next seal is Death.

[edit on 17-4-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Perhaps, although wouldn't this be more of a world-wide problem? I couldn't help but notice the ad beside your original post and it doesn't exactly scream "famine".

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I can't see that Ad. That is weird?

It isn't on my page... hmmm

as for world wide problem:

It is world wide. I believe this is going to get much worse. There are people starving to death in developing Countries as it is; rioting over food.

I really believe this issue will escalate:

Food Crops Diverted to Non-Food Use

These biofuels-induced shifts in agriculture occur at a time of record low food reserves. The May 11 USDA report projected that worldwide grain stocks of all kinds (wheat, rice, corn) at the end of the 2007/2008 crop year will fall to 305.08 million metric tons (mmt), significantly below 319.79 mmt in the 2006/2007 crop year, and far below the 390.14 million metric tons for 2005/2006 ending stocks. Grain stocks per capita are at danger ratios.

Global rush to energy crops threatens to bring food shortages and increase poverty, says UN

'Silent' famine sweeps globe
Rice, fertilizer shortages, food costs, higher energy prices equal world crisis

Global food prices rise and famine increases: 29 March 2008

... the rise in oil prices and subsequent spurt in the production of biofuels will have a long-term impact on food supply. Increasingly, crops will be grown to meet the increased demand for biofuel rather than food.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

um...there have been food riots at many times in history in many different parts of the world

in fact, i'd be hard pressed to think of a time where there wasn't a country that was starving...

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Wow! As a matter of fact, last night during dinner (04/16) I was thinking about the four horsemen and what stage of the scheme of things we happen to be at this point in time. I clearly remember thinking out loud of 'famine' considering the dwindling, world's food supplies and the looming 'death' ahead.

[edit on 2008-4-17 by pikypiky]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

yes, but in the past where they living with the reality and consequences of biofuel?

This is a serious issue and I believe the seal has opened and cannot be sealed up or prevented now. What will come from this? Death.

Crops used to feed the world are now being used to fuel it and what does this do? This hurts the food but protects the oil.

What does the Prophecy say? ...see thou hurt not the oil and the wine

Increase the cost of food but do not hurt the oil. And just what is happening right now?

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Yeah, but back in the time the Bible was written, I don't think they were refering to crude oil. My take on it is like Olive Oil. Wheat, barley, wine, olive oil, all foods or drink.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

And I heard something like a voice in the center of the four living creatures saying, "A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; and do not damage the oil and the wine."

6And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

This is the third seal. Isn't ironic the troubles the world is facing with the food crisis and the demand for oil?

The problem of translating and understanding this way is that it gets too vague because just about any problematic situation in the world can be linked to this verse, past and present. So, which is which?

This verse is talking about the judgment of people who refuse to repent of their ways. They are being judged for their sins. So, the verse is merely showing a judgment call to weigh and apportion each men for what they have done - "A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius". Imagine a balance scale. Each man has to pay for what they have done to the saints.

However, it also says not to harm the oil and the wine from the judgments.
The oil are the Christians and the wine are the Israelites whom God has chosen, the 144,000, the 12 tribes. They were not harmed from the judgment because they did not worship the image of the beast.

[edit on 4/17/2008 by amitheone]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   

...that's so insanely vague that it holds no real bearings as to anything.

and they may not have been dealing with biofuel, but i'm sure they were dealing with quite a damn bit of hunger...

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by RabbitChaser

People generally don't care unless it is affecting them, until then, people who are unaffected by this, will ignore the concerns.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

'insanely vague' indirectly implying I am insane

your in denial, like the majority of people on this planet.

I have provided sources and scripture to discuss my thoughts. What have you put forward?

Is the UN is also insane?

And so is the Journalist who termed "food crisis, apocalyptic warning' in one of the above articles?

I don't believe this is purely an 'athiest' or 'religious' issue. But it is ironic when we consider the prophecy and the issues that the World is facing

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I venture to say you can include Revelation 6:8...

New American Standard Bible

Authority was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by the wild beasts of the earth.

King James Bible

And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

First I point to Steve Irwin being killed by a stingray. Then I will point to Tim Bedore's "Animal Conspiracy Theory"... as soon as I locate some of his "material," as he is a comedian. But there is the rise of very strange animal behavior in the last year or so... plus many being found dead or simply disappearing (salmon, bees) (do your own searches here for info on all that) I don't think I need comment on "to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence.'' That's all as plain as day already.

I would venture to say this seal is at least 'cracked'

And now,ladies and gentlemen, Tim Bedore...

Big head carp

The Animal Conspiracy Strikes Again!

[edit on 4/18/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Just read this thread:

US Nears the Limit of Water Supplies

The signs are, will be there for all to see who wish to see

Matt 24:
MT 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
MT 24:8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Reply to RabbitChaser:

I have not heard of Tim Bedore at all. Thanks for the link.

But there is the rise of very strange animal behavior in the last year or so... plus many being found dead or simply disappearing (salmon, bees) (do your own searches here for info on all that) I don't think I need comment on "to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence.'' That's all as plain as day already.

Yes how true. Perhaps we are hardened to it now and not alarmed or perhaps the majority are asleep or unconscious to the Earth's reality?

[edit on 19-4-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The only weird thing with the animals I come in contact with continously, my cats, is the way they look at me now when I sit down in the recliner to eat a bowl of Cheerios and watch a little TV. It's creepy the way they stop what they are doing and watch me eat. Bubba, a big gray bruiser of a tom cat, gets on the nearby book shelf and tries to stare me down as I eat the plain food with 2% milk.

These cats are fed continuously. They all have fat bellies. They are wormed and have regular trips to the vet's office for shots and preventative deworming, yet they stop what they are doing, sit around me, and stare at me when I eat.

Stir coffee with a spoon in a ceramic cup and let it clink on the sides. The cats come running. Make obviously loud eating noises and put your hands near your face, they come running. Just walk into the kitchen, they come running. And never ever say Kal Kan outloud. Never. They will knock you down for Kal Kan. I am not kidding. Saying Kal Kan around here means you better deliver the food quick or get cursed at the only way cats know how...in your face. Can't find the cats? Say Kal Kan a few times. They come running.

What do the cats know that I don't? Is there a secret society putting appetite enhancers in the kitty chow? Their little appetites so revved up all the time that when I ate a bowl of strawberries last week and put the bowl down with a little strawberry flavored water in it, Bubba drank it! Or when Mom sat on the back steps to eat a sandwich, her cat grabbed the napkin out of her hand going for the sandwich. I had to put him outside so she could eat the simple meal in peace. What is going on!?!?

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Signs will only start when you see the two prophets of God warning the people of the Earth to repent. Otherwise, the plagues will start to punish all unrepentant and wicked men. The plagues from the 2 prophets will cause devastating famines, death, pestilences, and they will summon beasts to kill and torture wicked men. Refer to the 4th plague and 4th trumpet where the hellish beast will torture men for 5 months.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Food price rises are mass murder: UN envoy:

Global food price rises are leading to "silent mass murder" and commodities markets have brought "horror" to the world, the United Nations' food envoy has told an Austrian newspaper.

Jean Ziegler, UN special rapporteur on the right to food, told Kurier am Sonntag that growth in biofuels, speculation on commodities markets and European Union export subsidies mean the West is responsible for mass starvation in poorer countries.

It really is all there if you care to care to see it, but as I said before, no one really seems to care too much unless this affects them.

It is also interesting that the 'predictions' of the UN; their mounting concerns and fears (see the above article) run parallel with the prophecy found in the Bible; after the third is opened, the fourth seal brings Death.

Rev 6-7:They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth."

I don't believe I am the only one who is noticing signs. This thread posted by Disgustipated in March 08 is an example.

Signs of the rapture are overwhelming(From an atheists view)
...Over the past months i have noticed a massive increase in signs of the 'rapture'
Now i do not belive in a god however i was raised in a very catholic area and go to a catholic school (i live in Ireland, go figure), But ive still noticed the signs and been a bit freaked out to be honest

top topics

join