It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's Hum Sounds More Mysterious Than Ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   

news.yahoo.com...
Earth's Hum Sounds More Mysterious Than Ever

Earth gives off a relentless hum of countless notes completely imperceptible to the human ear, like a giant, exceptionally quiet symphony, but the origin of this sound remains a mystery.
Now unexpected powerful tunes have been discovered in this hum. These new findings could shed light on the source of this enigma.

Now oscillations have been discovered making up the hum that, oddly, are shaped roughly like rings. Imagine, if you will, rumbles that twist in circles in rock across the upper echelons of the planet, almost like dozens of lazy hurricanes.

Scientists had actually expected to find these kinds of oscillations, but these new ring-like waves are surprisingly about as powerful as the spheroidal ones are. The expectation was they would be relatively insignificant.

I did not locate any other source for this, but here's the original I just ran into...
www.livescience.com...

I was wondering if this is also wht is referred to as the Schumaan Resonence...?

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Great find, I hope someone else has more to share about it.

It would be nice to hear a recording of it, or rendered at least from the data that is already collected.

We are in for an interesting adventure I am sure of it, the next 5 years are going to be a roller-coaster ride.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RabbitChaser

I think Tesla was on to this, others have stated a "natural harmonic" for earth equates to f7 chord.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I just recently read about this. It's very interesting. I wonder if when people pray or meditate this hum vibration level changes? I wonder if that is what all the New Age stuff is about? Everyone being 'in tune' ... literally.

Definately an interesting thing to read about.
There is probably more to this then meets the eye.

top topics

join