It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Chemtrail Myth

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Word.

Deny Ignorance goes both ways, everyone. Keep that in mind.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Word up Soverign. Couldn't have said it better myself. This junk in the sky is not natural.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
These cloud trails definitely are not natural because the aircrafts didn't come from 'mother'-nature but are 'man'-made (and possibly from 'alien' technology).

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
she / he. Can we even establish gender here? Unconvinced.
I don't want yoir personal addy Oz. I want to know where you work. Because I know you are a professional meteorlogist about as much as I'm a NY garbage man.
Deny ignorance. God aint that the truth.

[edit on 4/22/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
jpm and OzWeatherman,

I've seen that over the past two pages, you two have taken to baiting each other. It doesn't matter to me who started it; all that matters is that it stops now. According to the Terms and Conditions that we all agreed to:

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

The above should be expected from every single one of us, which includes you two.

Anymore insulting will result in further action.

Please stick to the topic, and present good solid arguments. If you have nothing worthwhile to contribute, then perhaps you should either find something worthwhile, or find something more to your interests to post on.

Please consider this a wake-up call.

TheBorg
Forum Moderator

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
ok, keyboard laid down for the night.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
After WEEKS of trail-less skies, they have returned to celebrate Earth Day in my neighborhood. No appreciable change in weather for weeks, but I am willing to bet it will rain here by tomorrow...it always does when they spray like they are spraying today.

Pay no heed to the people who have already made-up their minds on the subject (I certainly haven't); do your own observation and research.

Imaginary subjects don't get this much attention.... I dare anyone here to manage 17 pages of thread over the unicorn they saw in their backyard.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Brapman

Brap, you're in Salinas, right?

Go back and look at what I posted about the website 'FlightAware'. You can look up flights that are likely to pass overhead....say from LAX to SFO or SEA...SAN to SFO or SEA...Flights from, oh say....ORD to HNL...

You can track these commercial flights live, and see who it is that's over your head. It's fun, give it a try. you'll soon discover that when you see a contrail, it is produced by the hot engine exhaust gases interacting in the cold air.

Enjoy!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

For instance, right now SWA (SouthWest) flight 3866 is over Ventura county, on its way to SFO. It's at FL400, and doing about 419 Knots G/S.

I can look up the Arrival Procedure (the STAR) into KSFO and see how close it'll come over your house....

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

www.carnicom.com... chemtrails are real and they are crimes against the global population and covered up by our gov'ment.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

SWA 3866 is flight-planned on the BSR2 Arrival (that's the 'Big Sur arrival).

If you have GPS, the co-ordinates for the BSR VOR are: N36' 10.88" / W121' 38.53".

After BSR next fix is the 'CARME' intersection: N36' 27.31" / W121' 52.78"

next fix is the 'ANJEE' intersection: N36' 44.78" / W121' 57.89"

Hope this helps, have a lot of fun with it!

WW

edit ps...I used the term fix...waypoint is more appropriate. 'fix' is the old salt in my coming out....

[edit on 4/22/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

SO, no one bloody well bothers to pay attention to me, nor to OZ, nor to Essan, nor to Greeneyed.....just sit and stew in solid belief in some nefarious 'conspiracy' and refuse to accept science and facts that are right in front of your face?

Folks, people make money selling this junk to people gullible enough to believe it and buy their books. Then, the BS gets a life of its own, gets twisted and twisted, and suddenly it's "truth"!

I guess a lie is easier to believe than the truth.....

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

SWA 3866 is flight-planned on the BSR2 Arrival (that's the 'Big Sur arrival).

If you have GPS, the co-ordinates for the BSR VOR are: N36' 10.88" / W121' 38.53".

After BSR next fix is the 'CARME' intersection: N36' 27.31" / W121' 52.78"

next fix is the 'ANJEE' intersection: N36' 44.78" / W121' 57.89"

Hope this helps, have a lot of fun with it!

WW

I tell you what...you find me 23 planes flying over between 6am and 7am this morning, PST, and maybe I'll pay you more attention. TWENTY-THREE in one hour, that hour being the hour of dawn, more or less. Never mind the wave that came in the following hour...or the hour after that; I am most curious about the people flying around at dawn.

(Also, I ignore several people here because of the way I was treated previously in this subject.)

Have fun yourself!

[edit on 4/22/2008 by Brapman]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Brapman

Brap, 23 in one hour? In the West Coast corridor?!? You're kidding, right? do you know how many flights operate up and down the Coast every day? I'll go look it up for you.

WW

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Brapman

Brap, 23 in one hour? In the West Coast corridor?!? You're kidding, right? do you know how many flights operate up and down the Coast every day? I'll go look it up for you.

WW

Not kidding. Wait until I get a proper camera for time lapse (any economical suggestions welcome, folks...a few months away yet) photography and I'll show you how terrible it is WHEN THEY DO IT.

Did you miss the part about no trails for weeks? Like, several weeks. Through rainy bits and all, I observed little more than a contrail a day (with one exception that truly pales compared to today's onslaught) and I *loved* the respite.

Look, I'm super-Virgo and when there is a pattern that makes sense, I usually seem to catch it. This pattern makes no sense and attracted my attention LAST YEAR. I waited many months before I said hardly a word about it to anyone but my wife. I tried to convince myself otherwise so that I *wouldn't* have to believe my 'crazy Berkeley friends' (self-described as 'nihilists') that have been trying to convince me something is going on for years now. They didn't convince me, my own observations did.

You can argue against it all you like, but I don't think you are going to convince me with your contrail/commercial flight nonsense...most especially when we have watched planes *repeat* their passes over the valley from up high on an edge of it to paint the sky with symbols and grids.

NONE of what I have read explains the precise X's in the sky, either. Theoretically, I can understand how they would be useful to, say, HAARP, though.

Lastly, none of this involves the experience of my good friend in Fernley, Nevada (next to Reno), either. I am not the only one watching and collating data. Not by a long shot.

Happy Tuesday!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Brapman

Brap, I was sitting at a cafe last Friday, watching airplane after airplane pass by the same point, a VOR just North of DC, I'm guessing the BWI VOR, all making the same broad left turn, as they follow the Airway they are Flight Planned on. About every two or three minutes, some timed closer together since they are at different altitudes.

Contrails, when they form, generally will above 30,000 feet or so. Today, all commercial airplanes are RVSM certified, so there is 1,000 feet vertical separation...so there is a potential, up to FL420, to have twelve airplanes at once, on the same route, at the same time. Doesn't happen, of course, that's a theoritical, but just as an example.

Brap, jets in cruise are moving at between 6 and 8 miles per minute over the ground. Standard horizontal separation at cruise is twenty miles. You can work out the math.....

If I had a dollar for every time I was asked by ATC to change altitude, or get vectored off-course, or given a new flight plan because we were faster than another airplane on our route and altitude (or we were slower than one behind us) I could have retired ten years earlier than I did!!

The US Airspace is incredibly crowded, and it's getting more and more crowded every year.

While you and your friend investigate, don't forget to use the resource I mentioned, the website....(darn, hope I don't make it crash!!)

WW

Got carried away, forgot to add: There was also, another day, very dry, lots of High Pressure, dry air in the area.....NO contrails! Gee, what a surprise....no clouds either.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Brap, you can also go to a Pilot Supply site, Sporty's is a big one, and for about $7 you can buy Aviation Charts (maps) to use in your study of airplanes flying over your head.

The major company that provides these charts is Jeppeson....since you're concerned with High Altitudes mostly, get the High Chart 1-2. It covers most of the Western US. You don't need the High 7-8, that's the East Coast.

Enjoy!

WW

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Brapman

Brap, I was sitting at a cafe last Friday, watching airplane after airplane pass by the same point, a VOR just North of DC, I'm guessing the BWI VOR, all making the same broad left turn, as they follow the Airway they are Flight Planned on. About every two or three minutes, some timed closer together since they are at different altitudes.

... ... ...

Got carried away, forgot to add: There was also, another day, very dry, lots of High Pressure, dry air in the area.....NO contrails! Gee, what a surprise....no clouds either.

So, first you say I must be mistaken...then you justify my observation. Which is it?

Anyway, I will use your tracking tool and see what I come up with. Though I know for a fact it will not bring back the clearly blue skies I remember from the mid-90's, delivering pizza ALL day, most days, for a few years.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Brapman

Brap, don't put words or ideas in my mouth, or my head....when I said I saw contrails, it's because they were contrails....'condensation trails'....that's what they are. Ice crystals.

The amount of air traffic has increased greatly in just the last few years...part of the reason for so many more airport delays...and the reason for the implementation of RVSM mimima, to open up more Flight Levels above FL290.

I should have added, as I watched the contrails being formed, they also evaporated (the correct word is 'sublimated') after a few minutes, and I could also see that the upper-level winds were blowing from a North by North-West direction, as the trails drifted South South-East.

See, this is why something 'sprayed' at 30,000 feet or higher will have no effect on the ground below....what is more, there is a layer of atmosphere called the 'tropopause'....this is where the Adiabatic Lapse Rate stops, or 'pauses'.....think of it as a barrier, of sorts....it's not a really accurate statement, but basically anything in the upper atmosphere tends to stay there, until if drops out as rain, or snow, or sleet, etc.

WW

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Amaterasu

I was chatting online with someone else tonight, and I think I pointed out that when you consider the immense surface area of the Earth...over 520 million square kilometres total...how in the heck can a few 'trails', only a few hundred metres long, and maybe 30 metres wide, have any effect?!?

First, WW, you presume the goal is to cover the entire planet. Second, you make it sound as if there has been one day that has had trails - years and years of these have accumulated. Third, we can't measure the effect unless we know the purpose and the content of what was sprayed.

Common sense implies that if chemicals are going to be specifically distributed, they would be distributed at a low altitude, where they can be targeted.

Now that would depend on the nature of what is being released and the area targeted. So without all the data, common sense suggests an open mind.

What kind of moron would 'spray' at altitudes near the tropopause, or in the troposphere? There is NO WAY to control those 'chemicals'....jeez, we have enough time trying to predict how a cold or warm front might move, or where a hurricane or typhoon might move!!!

This is presuming that the goal is to zero in on a specific target as opposed to blanketing a general area. We do not know which of these is their goal, but I would bet on the blanket idea.

Use your Frontal Lobes!!

Do you really believe I don't?

'chemtrails' only exist because snake oil salesmen can make a 'buck' from selling the crap! It is BS, they know it, the ones who sell it....do not, I implore you, fall prey to their tactics. IT IS BS!!!

Well, I would suggest that there in enough evidence that there are Elite that look upon the rest of us as being 1) too many, 2) animals to experiment on, and 3) lacking intelligence.

And given the money and military access they have...why should I completely discount chemtrails?

Now I give all things probabilities. Probability that we are being sprayed deliberately for some nefarious purpose: 95%. In my estimation.

Believe me, I want to cling to that 5%, but I think think that is better to presume the highest probability scenario is the best one to use in approaching the Universe.

You may think it's "BS," sir. But I differ with you (a lot, based on past encounters we have had). So be it.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join