It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zimbabwe weapons ship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Not Sure if this has been posted yet, but News24.com is reporting that a ship loaded with weapons destined for Zimbabwe has just docked in the Durban harbour, on the South African east coast.

A Chinese ship with almost three million rounds of ammunitions for small arms and AK-47s, about 3 500 mortars and mortar launchers, as well as 1 500 rockets for rocket-propelled grenades (RPGs) arrived in Durban Harbour on Monday..
Article

Looks like Robert Mugabe is gearing up for a civil war! As a south African, i'm very worried that events in our neighboring country could spill into South Africa. I just hope Mbeki intervenes militarily and swiftly against Mugabe should he start a civil war with the weapons!

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by kulcha

Are you sure the weapons aren't heading for Darfur instead? The Chinese have been trading African oil for guns, instigating the Darfur genocide.

Its quite apparent Mugabe does not want to leave office though, so its quite possible. Why won't he leave office? Could it be his CIA backing?

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Can't say I havn't seen this coming. Has he even released the election results yet? Is Zimbabwes army really in this much of need for weapons?

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Well, from the article i gather that the weapons are definitly destined for Zim. I think he feels that the only way to stay in power, now that the people of Zim has spoken, is by force. And from the amount of weapons, he wants it to be an overwhelming force.

Maybe he is thinking that should they (Zanu-PF) attack the opposition and go against the will of the people, South Africa, Britain and/or the UN will have no choice but to intervene.

[edit on 17/4/08 by kulcha]

top topics

join