It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deny Ignorance....Lets start with the History Channels UFO Hunters

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
yeah, the first episode i caught was where they fired a bolt from a tesla coil at a pc to show that they could disrupt it and have it still boot afterwards. that in itself was a little hokey, but i guess mildly interesting/entertaining.

but then they had this elaborate setup with a table and lasers pointing down from the ceiling. i thought "oh, what's this now?" my interest was dashed when i learned they were just being controlled from some joysticks so they could put dots on a map on the table. they really tried to make it look high-tech though with the blue cathodes/led's in the controller!

i have no interest in watching the show now, where before i at least had a mild interest.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by admriker444

i agree, I thought that their show on 9-11 conspiracies was absolutely horrid....

I was just expecting SOME quality to answer your question.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeff Riff
OK I am officially tired of this show. Its ridiculous, and I am having a hard time believing that I am wasting my time on this crap. Look, as if the drone episode wasnt bad enough, now we get this?!? UFO Dogfights!? "Footage never before seen in the United States........OF THIS MADE FOR TV MOVIE!!!!!!"

excuse me?!?! I really dont even know where to go from here. We have this golden opporunity and its being COMPLETELY WASTED.

Why are they not analyzing some of the greatest UFO footage? Why are they not investigating some real prominent cases? Why are they only talking to like 4 witnesses an entire hour long episode then doing lame reinactments that prove nothing?

This show is lame, this show is bunk, this show is no longer being watched by me unless someone can show me good work that they have done. Nice try HC.....this show will be off the air in 6 months.

Do you know any ways on how to analyze some of the greatest UFO footage? Do you even participate in these things?
How much money are you willing to donate to their show so they can pull more resources and have lets say.. 40 different people questioned at every show?
Would we need 40 different people to be asked the same thing anyway?
Look at the Stephenvile triangulation episode, how many people/witnesses would you need for this?
Do you actually know that real UFO encounters and trusted witnesses are really rare? I am surprised they even find people and make a complete case out of their experiences in the short time they have to produce and air new content in the UFO Hunters show.
What is this golden opportunity that is being wasted?
They have to base their results to scientific methods, and since they are not really scientists themselves these things HAVE TO take time.
A phenomenon as elusive as the UFOs are needs also some time for the data or the concepts to sink in the general consciousness of the public, else you don't get new ideas of how this or that happened and why. We also need time foe the technology to do some catching up.
What you see is our slow paces towards evolution that you are mad with.
I am afraid this is how it works, in a snail pace. We have either to Put up or Shut up as they say unless you have new and innovative ideas, then please by all means give the general UFO research a chance and present them.

You are mad at them for the wrong reasons. THEY ARE NOT SCIENTISTS.
IT IS NOT THEIR FAULT the community does not even discuss the UFO subject.

Anyway the way their shows are presented, they simply lay down some possibilities and at least they present you some data to be analyzed. It gave me plenty of ideas. I liked the show, it made me get involved again with the UFO subject. This show might also be this way so the more scientifically oriented public will start dealing with such things. It worked for me.

[edit on 18-4-2008 by spacebot]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Mornin' Jeff,

Originally posted by Jeff Riff
reply to post by Frank Warren

Hey Frank!

That is good to know. Do you know if this is going to be on the history channel?

It won't be on THC.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frank Warren

It won't be on THC.

Cheers,
Frank

That's certainly good news. Thanks for the information Frank. I'm curious just how much input THC actually has with this show. For me, this show allows obvious opportunities for investigation to fall by the wayside while they spend time on so called "experiments" which are fundamentally flawed and of no value. The beam footage from the Stephenville episode is a perfect example. They make a point of adding the footage to the program, but they do absolutely no follow-up. They don't even bother to go to the location of where the beam was filmed. No day-time footage. No night-time investigation. Instead, they do an "experiment" with a weather balloon to triangulate the location of the sightings. Well, if everyone in the three points shines their laser on the weather balloon, I guess they're going to hit it, don't you think?

For me, this show has done a great disservice to ufology.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Mornin' Jeepgal,

Originally posted by JeepGal

Originally posted by Frank Warren

It won't be on THC.

Cheers,
Frank

That's certainly good news. Thanks for the information Frank. I'm curious just how much input THC actually has with this show. For me, this show allows obvious opportunities for investigation to fall by the wayside while they spend time on so called "experiments" which are fundamentally flawed and of no value. The beam footage from the Stephenville episode is a perfect example. They make a point of adding the footage to the program, but they do absolutely no follow-up. They don't even bother to go to the location of where the beam was filmed. No day-time footage. No night-time investigation. Instead, they do an "experiment" with a weather balloon to triangulate the location of the sightings. Well, if everyone in the three points shines their laser on the weather balloon, I guess they're going to hit it, don't you think?

For me, this show has done a great disservice to ufology.

Unfortunately, I'm in total agreement; the research is poor, the presentation seems to be aimed at a teen/preteen demographic; and the pseudoscience appears to be intended as "eye candy."

Obviously, the producers were trying to duplicate the popular "Ghost Hunters" show under the Ufology topic. Not to condemn "Ghost Hunters," I do watch it from time to time and feel it's entertaining; however, I don't want "entertainment" from a show on Ufology.

In any event, to answer your question: UH is a product, THC is the customer, and Grossman/Weller is the manufacturer/salesman; they manufacturer the product to THC's spec; in other words they (THC) set the parameters.

In this instance comparable ratings = success; this is paramount to both customer and salesman. This is their primary goal. to which everything else takes a back seat.

Mixing sober researchers with TV producers of a weekly series is like mixing "oil & water." This is not to say there can't be a comprise in my view; although UH has missed the boat.

Fortunately, there are other producers with a heavy interest in Ufology, and hopefully in the not to distant future, a show will emerge that will be more palatable then the flapdoodle we're being exposed to now.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

Thanks to that information regarding THC Frank. I had no idea they had so much input on what goes into shows like UH. Just goes to show how little I know, but thanks for enlightening me.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Please let us not forget who owns / runs THC.

Mostly Disney ( with Hearst & GE )

Disney Holdings:

ABC Family
The Disney Channel
Toon Disney
SoapNet
ESPN Inc. (80% - Hearst Corporation owns the remaining 20%) includes ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN News, ESPN Now, ESPN Extreme
Classic Sports Network
A&E Television (37.5%, with Hearst and GE)
The History Channel (with Hearst and GE)
Lifetime Television (50%, with Hearst)
Lifetime Movie Network (50% with Hearst)
E! Entertainment (with Comcast and Liberty Media)

Source: backissues.cjrarchives.org...

Plus, by network standards, these types of shows are relatively cheap to produce/buy. No big stars, low-end effects, lots of "in-kind" donated services, (lodging / travel) etc. (Notice any prominent logos?) That is NOT incidental........Kinda like a UFomercial.

Just filling time. More Mental Masturbation for the Masses.

C'mon folks lets get a grip. As a prior poster alluded.

Do you really think we will be enlightened by watching TV?

regards . . . kk

[edit on 23-4-2008 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
This show bores me to tears and I'm into the subject! How they stretch out a story for 45 minutes is beyond me...the blurry camera work, the constant repeating of the facts ,random shots of 'nothing'...and then some guy playing around with lights and stuff to test the validity of the report..its utter madness. Each episode can be discussed in 5 mins yet it goes on and on and on.

I plan to make a show about a horse that has bolted from a stable....then drag out the 'analysis' for 45 mins. Comedy central might pick it up.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join