It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it even possible to get the perfect shot/video of a UFO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Is it even possible to get the perfect shot/video of a UFO? The way I see it, pretty much everything gets torn apart on this site. And I understand that – we want the real thing. But I think a lot of things have been debunked that shouldn’t have been due to the relentless desire by some members to debunk videos/pictures at all costs. Things like the Mexican fleet (oil flares?? – no, sorry, that doesn’t fly with me) and more recently someone shooting a UFO out the window of a plane over the Pacific. People were actually saying things like, “the guys were way too casual about it”, followed by, “the guys were acting”. Well which is it? Were they too casual or were they acting? Because if you’re going to “act” excited about a UFO, you aren’t going to act casual. My opinion is that we’re all different, and we all deal with things in different ways. Some people laugh during difficult times (it’s called gallows humor) and some cry. I know if I were on a plane over the Pacific at 30,000 feet and I saw another flying object out the window less than 500 feet away, I’d deal with it through nervous laughter. I mean seriously, you’re pretty much helpless against the thing. What are you going to do, panic? Yeah, that’s a good idea on a plane.

Anyway, there seems like there’s no end to the lengths people will go to discredit something. With enough time and enough imagination, any of us could disprove any scenario for any recorded event throughout history. It’s not that hard. You find 10-15 alternatives to the “ufo” in the shot, whittle it down to the best one, and make your case. Even the best pictures – the ones with the most compelling evidence – are worthless. They’re always too dark. They’re always too blurry. If they’re clear, they’re way too clear, and therefore probably computer generated. There really is no acceptable picture/video for the community. There just isn’t. Think about it. What kind of shot/recording could possibly convince you in this day and age of UFOs? If every single piece of recorded media can be disproven, then why are we even bickering about them?

The reality is, if someone actually sees a UFO, in the daytime or the nighttime, and they have a camera, it’s almost impossible to get a good shot of it. The combination of bad resolution at full zoom, the amateur status of the shooter, along with the likely large chunk of distance between them and the object, makes for a shot that is usually far from conclusive. It’s just the nature of amateur photography combined with the excitement of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. It’s hard people. Do me a favor. Go out and shoot planes at 20,000 feet. Then upload that to your computer, post it on this site, and try to defend the fact that that plane could have just as easily been pasted into the shot with photoshop. I’ve been around cameras all my life and I can tell you right now, if I saw a UFO at 10,000 feet and had a full minute to prep my camera and shoot the thing, the people on this site would still tear it to shreds. Even if it were in broad daylight. They’d probably say something like, “it’s way too steady”. Or, “it looks way too professional”.

So my question is, what is your perfect video/picture scenario that will convince you absolutely of alien UFOs? Or in this day and age, is such visual proof even possible (with the myriad of ways you can fake visual proof)? Because I’m not sure it is. And if that’s the case, it’s pointless to quibble about it.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Well, the first thing is that the whole UFO thing is extraordinary, and thus requires extraordinary proof. This "should" be required, because when a photo or video is proved to be genuine, we can use it as another piece of evidence that something is out there.

The other thing is to understand from what time a photo or video comes from. Today, there are probably more hoaxes than genuine pictures, but I don't think this was the case 100 years ago.

I guess the more progress society makes the easier it becomes to create hoaxes...

new topics

join