It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clear UFO Pic - Invercargill New Zealand

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I am all for the idea that there is other life forms in the universe, you would really have to pretty closed minded, to think that out of all the stars in the night sky, the possability that there is at least one planet for every star in the universe thats alot of planets, to think that earth is the only one with life form on it well as I said it would be pretty closed minded. But as for the picture whether reflection or cloud or what ever it might be I am just under the impression that visitors to this planet would have travelled here in something a bit bigger, and that goes for all UFO photos I am not expecting independence day style craft but just something that represents an intelligent life form that has travelled how ever many light years it has taken to get here as well as the return trip even with light speed and warp and so forth.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mullet35

Personally, if an ET race arrived here in a craft the size of a tennis ball i'd be pretty impressed (especially if they were similar size to us!)
but never rule out the possibility that these are surveilance craft, sent down from a larger body, wouldn't that make more sense?

As for this pic, blatant copy and paste, the higher concentration of pixels shows it was taken from a smaller image and placed onto this . As for the original 'image being a craft, maybe, but the removal of environment and re application of the 'craft' suggests to me that it isn't.

thanks. EMM

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bjorn

That's a disk. Cheesy older models.

Wait until they see what we got!

BLACK TRIANGLES!!!

WE HAVE BLACK TRIANGLES!!

THEY LOSE!!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
oh mah gawd !!!!!!one!!!!eleven

dat pitcha iz juzt a street lite kut n paysteed inta anutha pitcha.

Noticed this straight away with my super normal human eyes, surprised it needed some examination first lol.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
I'm thinking reflection in glass. Camera shooting through glass.

I'm seeing lots of pixels around the boarder of the object.

Thats MHO.

Thanks for the post.

I agree. going by the way there is the sort of off-set of the light, it would probably be a dim light a fair ways back in the room reflecting on glass

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
After just a brief look and examination.. I first thought that this was one of the many "reflection-UFOs" that we have seen making the rounds..

But after a small bit of filtering in Photoshop, it seems like this may be just a simple "cut-n-paste" photo. All of the photo except "the UFO" exhibit the standard compression algorithm that most major media formats use.. But the "UFO" area exhibits a tighter grouping of pixels compared to the rest of the photo.

It looks like pretty common jpg compression artifacts to me. You are going to see different kinds of artifacts near high-detail or high-contrast areas as opposed to low-detail areas. This diversity of artifacting is especially common in sky photos where there's commonly a high contrast between the low detail background (sky) and a "UFO".

Take a look at this mock-up I made that contained a white oval against a cloudy background. You can see that the compression algorithm treated the background differently than the area around the oval:

So, like others, I think it's a real picture of a reading light reflecting off the inside of an airliner window.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Theres an interesting aside here that yall might be interested in.

One of the worlds fastest motorcyclist was from Invercargill New Zealand, Burt Monro. There is a great movie about him, and im not just throwing this out there because of that, but that they may be related.

www.indianmotorbikes.com...

There are also alot of sightings at sea near there that I have heard from mariners first hand accounts.

hubpages.com...

www.scientificexploration.org...

www.scribd.com...

Its worth a gander

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

The link does not work. Is the original of better quality?

I think you had it right on your first guess. It is a reflected light from the cabin of the plane.

Look along the edges of other bright areas. I increased the exposure the equivalent of two full stops and used a midrange recovery to bring the compression and pixels into plain view. I don't think it is cut and paste. I think as someone else mentioned it is consistent with the compression artifacts elsewhere in the photo. If it was pasted it was from same camera and post-processed the same I think.

Either way it is not passing the smell test.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Just a quick question: Is the pixelation markedly different from ionised air or whatever makes the aura around them in some pictures?

I have seen a ufo myself reasonably close, moving along and very very similar to this.. that is why I ask
Was in Taupo though.

Go NZ!

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

There are two things in play here. Pixels (size, shape and so on) and compression artifacts.

Digital photo's are not continuous color like a conventional photo taken with a film camera. They are a finite number of pixels, little squares. For instance a photo that is 800 pixels wide by 600 pixels in height is made up of 800X600 pixels for a total of 480,000 pixels.

If you have an image manipulation program, increase the size of the image 400 to 1,200 percent and you can clearly see the individual pixels. Photoshop will blow up an image to that point and other software will also.

Then you have the resolution of the photo. On your screen you are seeing a resolution of 72 to 96 pixels per inch. A high quality print is usually done at 240 per inch minimum and 600 pixels per inch at the high end. No more is necessary because the human eye could not pick it up anyway.

These photo's on the Internet are generally reduced greatly in quality and either come from a low quality camera in a compressed .jpg format or are compressed from a high quality photo in a RAW format from a good camera. The camera's on a cell phone or a web-cam are extremely low quality and the images from good camera's or digital video camera's are way to large to be useful on the Internet without resizing and compression.

Compression means the image was compressed with an algorithm to get to a smaller file size. Whenever you compress an image you loose lots of detail and you get those strange looking artifacts around hard edges or area's of high contrast.

I hope I have not completely confused you.

This site seems to have some good examples and information.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
For those interested in the sunset mirage thing

www.atoptics.co.uk...

Has an excellent explanation on how and when these occur

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

The link does not work. Is the original of better quality?

Heres the original link of where I found it

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I'm still seeing a streetlight without a pole.

I can even envision the pole being there THATS HOW OBVIOUS IT IS.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
if it was taken from inside the plane then I would guess
its the overhead reading light reflected in the window

but who knows

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Hi,

It does look like this a little bit :

thebiggestsecretpict.online.fr...

Slightly different...

Cheers,
Europa

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bjorn

That is definitely a reflection of an overhead light. The reason it looked cut and paste is the glow from the light causing artifacts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join