It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Maher Slanders Pope. He Should Be Fired

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
reply to post by carslake

What do you mean by "your side"?

Not 'my side' but 'our side' the side of humanity

Actually the "going to hell" comment was kind of a joke, well in a way.
Whether I do or not all depends on whether God has a sense of humor.
If he does then I guess I'll be ok.

You need emoticons.

Ghandi: "Oh, I don't reject your Christ. I love your Christ. It's just that so many of you Christians are so unlike your Christ."

I like Ghandi aswell he's the epitome of what can be achieved through non violent action. However he was murdered by a religous extremist.

Yes, I know a lot of people have been killed throughout history in the name religion, but that is Man, not God, doing the killing. God knew many religions would be created in His/Their name just like he knew Adam would eat from the tree of knowledge but still He/They/It allowed this to unfold.

Exactly is the Pope not just a man?

Oh no Alxandro I think you misunderstand I believe in and love god because We are God evrything is God and what is, is and I've never needed an organised religion or an agent of it to explain that to me.

In English there is a word it is Pontificate look here, now check out the third definition for this word. Now tell me why have we bastardised the meaning of that word.

Some people choose not to believe and that is OK for these people also serve a purpose in our education. Man was given free will to believe and not to believe and those that believe, I admit, do tend to go to extreme. As a result, the non believers tend to give all believers the same label and conveniently choose to blame God for all wrong doing.

Our issue is not whether we believe in God Alxandro but who interpret's God and what is their motivation. To some the Catholic Church like other organised religions it is beholden to it's leaders for it's ethos. That church like many others including Islam is The Whore of Babylon! and we in an un-enlightened way look upon it's followers as being deluded and it's hard to reconcile but unfortunately for us it's true.

Religion is nothing more than a scaffold used while a building is constructed but as dangerous and as faulty this scaffold may be it is still vital to the construction of the building.

You need to discover more. Can someone other than yourself make you love something? And is not a construction built with bad practice inherently corrupted and if this is your building shouldn't you build it yourself?.

Some may think I was angered because ridicule and hatred was directed at the Pope but I was more angered because people do not see the danger of these attacks especially when they offer no alternative plan for salvation whatsoever.

I no nothing about salvation I was never lost. Being saved is a catholic mentality. Have faith in your humanity your intuition will tell you what's right or wrong.

Religion may be nothing more than a map and I'm sure you will agree Man needs plenty of direction, and those that claim Man does not need a map are only fooling themselves.

The inspiration is all around us, evryone's personality is a composite of natural predilection and the experiences it encounters. When you admire someone it is not nescessarily the person you admire but that personality trait and what and how they do it. Without knowing you take that and make it your own or at least try. Is that not enough.

Why do people like ridiculing things that make them uncomfortable?
Why?
Is it because something happened to them during childhood that now they blame God for everything?
Since God is not around let's attack his representative.

The Pope is a man and no man is above ridicule, already that has been pointed out. Maybe 'uncomfortable' is not the word most of us would choose, we are in opposition to him.
Would you argue with the rain then why argue with God, is it the rain's fault that you are wet after getting caught in a rain shower.
Don't ever tell us that the Pope is God's representative that is bordering on being insulting.

Yes, I dislike the religious fanatics, but I dislike the ir-religious fanatics even more.

Your repeating yourself.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
reply to post by Comsence2075

Maher probably realized this was bad timing to be criticizing the Pope and probably saw another pink slip in the horizon if didn't react.
[edit on 19-4-2008 by Alxandro]

I guess you only read what you want. Maher CANNOT be fired... that is WHY he moved to HBO. He can be canceled, but not fired... and a cancellation can only come with low ratings. Search for his Contract...

And if the Catholics who lashed out consider Maher Saying "I'm sorry, the pope wasn't a willing Nazi, he was forced to be one.".. and then tearing the pope another one IS NOT an apology... It's his way of extending his middle finger towards all of you whiners who want everything to be P.C.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by carslake

Catching a flight now and I'm limited when using my cell phone, so I'll reply later.

Just want to state that you are correct, I did not explain myself clearly regarding my God's representative comment.
My comment was from a perspective of how many people regard him as such, and you know many people do.
Which is yet another reason why I think people should be up in arms because, again, this is clearly an attack on God.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The Pope is not God. People might believe him to be as close to God as any human being can get, but for those individuals that might possibly believe him to be, which I'm not sure if anyone does, wouldn't really make sense to me. The Trinity from the Roman Catholics Churches doctrines is all there is!

There was a very good posting at the beginning of this thread which put all Maher's comments into perspective. It verified that what Maher said was actually true statements. I find it very disgusting that the Pope actually celebrated the Mass in New York City on Hitler's birthday. I made sure to look up Hitler's date of birth. Not only is it inappropriate but it gives me the shivers because of what I have suspected all along....the Pope is still a Nazi.

And for anyone who might say it was purely a coincidence.....I will never believe it!!!!!! The Pope should have gone out of his way to absolutely make sure that such a special event for catholics should not be smeared with the likes of Hitler.

I can only hope that catholics start realizing what the Pope and the Vatican are in reality. Also, the catholic church has always been a big business first...if it was up to the papalcy, christians would still be illiterate.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join