It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Maher Slanders Pope. He Should Be Fired

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

ok...when the pope comes out publicly and says that all priests that molest children should be fired from the church, arrested, and put in jail, then i'll have some respect for him...until then, i agree with maher. i guess all you people that love the pope don't really give a damn about the children. he's just another scum bucket enabler. he should be working with the police of every nation to investigate the priests that have had any inkling of this type of behavior.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Here is why Bill Mahr should be fired:

Not only that he is NOT funny.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Im not religious,so the Pope isnt anything more than just another person.
That being said,he isnt above ridicule or being made fun of.
Maybe the Pope and others should get over themselves and get some tougher skin.
What Bill says isnt gospel.He is just a comedian,not a very good one,but a comedian none the less.
Most people werent even aware of this until now.
And giving this more attention than it deserves,makes the person spreading this,just as bad as Bill.
Get over yourselves people,and lighten up.
The Pope is just another person,like eveyone else.
And if he gets too into his feelings,ill be sure to drop by and donate some tissue to the collection plate for him.

[edit on 17-4-2008 by Black_Fox]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
What are you so upset about? Everything Maher said there was true, though I suppose it was amped up a bit for dramatic effect. Ratzinger was in the Hitler Youth as a teenager and a whole bunch of his priests are proven child molesters. Of course, almost every kid in Germany was enrolled in the Hitler Youth at the time and priests (and probably all sorts of adults in similar positions of power, especially if they're expected to refrain from sexual release) have been raping kids for millenia.

I'd say the entire existence of the papacy is hypocritical and it pretty much always has been. These priests and popes do nothing for their followers but take their money and give them deliberately misleading advice as to how they should live their lives. They preach a slave religion that supposedly stands for charity and against wealth and extravagance but who lives more opulently than the popes and cardinals?

And for some sick reason, they find the reason to outlaw any natural experience the human animal ought to enjoy while on this planet in favor of ridiculous promises and threats of an afterlife I doubt most of them have the least bit of belief in themselves. Not to mention the whacky pseudo-cannibalistic nonsense about eating Jesus' body and drinking his blood every Sunday!

I'm truly shocked that anyone still cares what the pope has to say about anything, no matter who the fraud in the funny hat is. After all, he hasn't had an army in years!

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grock
I support Bill Mahers assertions, and more catholics should be aware of exactly who/why they are being led by. Possibly Satan himself.

I dunno about that, but I must say the guy does have a face like a demon. Does anyone have any YouTube vids of him that prove he's at least a Reptilian shapeshifter?

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
wow. just wow.

im pretty sure there are pictures of little nazi ratzinger....

who really cares?

I have been to roma and even saw the older more dead pope and you know what up close you can really tell he is just an old guy.

"i just paid that thing off do you know what thats gonna do to my credit!!" -robot chicken

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
How has everybody missed this little gem:

To the Catholics (and Christians) offended by Bill Maher's comments on the pope-
"Turn the other cheek!" (ok, I am stealing this from Bill Hicks)

Also, it's been said, but let's go over it again:

Imus: Slander...
Maher: Stating facts...

There's no comparison, unless you truly believe that all (tatooed?) black women are nappy headed hos! In that case your hopeless, go to your compound, the race war will be here soon!

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
I dont think its that bad. Catholicism supresses men from haivng sex. And perversions occur. What about the victims? If you were sexually assualted by a preist, which apparently happens due to th emillions paid out every year, you would like some Pope jokes. If you dont laugh, you cry, Bill Marh is ok in this instance.

Hell, I wish I'd been molested by a priest when I was a kid. I could use a few million bucks!

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
oh no.. someone called the poop.. er.. the pope out on some of his and his church's actions.. oh no, what ever shall we do, you mean.. the church isn't perfect?

the whole vatican mafia and all its subordinate churches all seriously just need ot be burnt to the ground and their priests plowed into the ground as fertilizer. Its nothing but a corrupt organization filled with kiddy touchers and beggars.

now, lets see some of these bleeding heart liberal blowhards that like to make public testicles of themselves (misspelling intentional) go and make a citizens arrest on that person.

no, i doubt they have the guts now.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Wow, wow, watch out, don't be like the radicals we already have in this country. The Catholic Church is a very rich business, with religion as a smoke screen. Sounds a hell of alot like The Santa Clause story.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Gimme a break. So he said some things about the pope. It's not like the pope has done no wrong.

Such as one of the first things he did as pope was come out and say "Gays are an abomination".

So.... In my eyes he's still a discriminating bastard. It may not be jews, but its gays. To me he gets my vote at being called a nazi. Why?

Because a couple of my friends are gay. And there is nothing wrong with them.

What would jesus do? Jesus would love. Love thy neighbour. Love everyone, etc.

If the pope cant geet that teaching right,m which is the main teaching of the bible.... then he aint no pope of mine.,

[edit on 17-4-2008 by DaRAGE]

[edit on 17-4-2008 by DaRAGE]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
A little "What If..." game:

What if the Catholic Church wasn't really a church but was in fact, an enterprise designed to bring in money? /wink

The upper management (bishops) of the corporation not only knew of its subordinates (priests) committing crimes but also instructed everyone in the organization to keep quiet about it, then re-assigned those who were caught.

Would the Feds be obligated to pursue action under the RICO Act?

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
reply to post by forestlady

Exactly, and ever since the Vatican II there has been a downhill slide in Popes.

I have absolutely no problem with what Maher said, and in reality its a shame that he didn't bring in the idea of a Hitler Youth member hanging out in the US with the grandbaby of a WWII profiteer.

People always assume "Nazi" with "hating Jews" where as in all logical likelyhood many GERMAN (IE not Nazi) had no problem with Jews, or anyone, and probably had no idea what was happening in concentration camps. Top Nazi members knew, and the SS was fully aware, however the majority of lowly Nazi party members (someone who subscribed to Nazi ideologies) had no idea either..

The Pope was a kid in WWII, he was conscripted into a German military order under the Nazi Party.

This does not make him a Jew hating murderer like such ignorant assumptions have been made on the board.

Hitler also put many Catholics into these camps..

But in the end, Nationalism won the day, the Germans fought for the Father Land, not to murder Jews, and not for Hitler, but for national pride and revenge to the other European nations who purposefully embarrassed them.

There are two sides to every war, and in regards to history we only read one side's view of everything, where as in reality there is a lot that can be said from the German perspective..

However willful ignorance will impede many from even attempting to make a true understanding of a historic event when it is so damn easy to nod in agreement with what a biased school book tell us.

To the topic at hand: The guys comments where rude, insensitive and ignorant. However it is HIS show, HIS audience and YOUR right to agree or disagree or even turn the TV off. This nation is founded on the basic principles of Human rights, one of which is Free Speech. He has the right to say what ever he wishes, and just for saying his own view be it politically correct enough or not for the over sensitive, he does not deserve to be fired. I know I will never watch his show, but then again I don't have a TV so I wouldn't to begin with.. and of course I could also point out that it is programming like this which is WHY I do not have TV.

Take control of your minds people.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dk3000

I don't get why he should be fired for interviewing Ron Paul?

If anything, as usual when ever I listen to Dr. Paul, I like Paul more now because of the interview.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Limosine liberals do not get religion. If it were not for the catholic church, western society may not be the leaders they were.

At the end of the day america deserves people like bill maher, to project the delusion of the thing that were just 3d bodies, which is rubbish.

Bill maher is wrong, but heck he is good for land of lucifer, and many should follow his lead in america. You can see what is written in the bible where people like him cast the delusion on your society, and thats your problem.

So again, Bill Maher is good for americ and should keep his job, he is projecting crap, into the usa universe, and why should catholics care, just let them do it.

The bigger doosh bag is richard dawkins, who thinks he has the wisdom of the ages, and somehow, has more knowledge than god himself.

I say just let them have there delusions, and he is good for england like bill maher is good for america.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

My point is Bill is a corporate shill who doesn't even know what a Libertarian is and he claims to be one himself! Mahr is an idiot! He is actually despised in Hollywood- he is a stupid flipper...Check this out:

He threatens to beat a woman! Watch the entire video- you'll get the point.

[edit on 17-4-2008 by dk3000]

[edit on 17-4-2008 by dk3000]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Grock

Your excactly right Grock. The catholic church is, in my mind, the satan led great and abominable church that misleads billions and is just rich enough to pay to cover up the bad things it does. Most members dont know much about this cause they go to church twice a year just to say their catholic. Then go get a black line on their face and then think they're forgiven of everything. If say he talked about the lds church like this (which he has and many others) no one does anything.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I think they both should be fired.
WHY?
Maher is a lost soul that aint funny.
The Pope wears $600 shoes.
my 2cents (-taxes)

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Some of you folks still don't undertand what is going on here.
It's extremely difficult to understand why some of you so called "conspiracy theorists" are not able to recognize a more blatant example of how things that happen to others today will eventually affect us all in the long run.

Taking on an "I don't give a rat's arse" & "change the channel" selfish attitude only makes things worse.

I'm sure we have all heard the term "if you abuse it you're going to lose it", well this is no different because it's happening everyday right under our noses but we are too busy to even notice because we have our nose stuck way up against the wall we can't see the entire wall.

I hope this better describes what I am trying to get at.

This is on a memorial marker at the Boston Holocaust Memorial

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"They came first for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me,
and by that time no one was left to speak up"

- Martin Niemoeller -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
1.Maher Cannot be fired... and WILL NOT be fired. He is on PAY TV for a reason... he can say what he wants, and HBO has already approved his script.

2. First amendment.

3. If you don't like it don't watch... or cancel your HBO.

4. Keep in mind Bill was fired from his ABC show "Politically Incorrect: With Bill Maher" so in a way you have already gotten what you wanted.

5. Some people like to watch Bill's shows, and some of us even like his live stand up. Welcome to America my friend. It takes all kinds. Even people who will make jokes about the pope, or the president. It's a beautiful thing.

Coven

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join