It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Maher Slanders Pope. He Should Be Fired

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Sure it was mean, but who cares? Sure Catholics do but is Maher really going out of his way to get Catholic viewers who love the Pope to watch? He raises a good point, where do we draw the line between a religious cult and a genuine religion, not that Catholicism is at all a cult, but it raises the question of where we draw the line. Not all Nazi's were evil, people need to keep that in mind. I think people tend to lump all the Nazi's into one uber-evil organization but keep in mind there was an underground trying to bring down Hitler. Most were forced into being Nazis by parents/ the government and while some condoned and participated in the evil directly many others likely had no idea what was going on. All people have a great capacity for evil and good and while we who won the War like to think of it in black and white good-evil terms we have to remember that no war between imperfect beings has perfectly divided lines...

Anyway its late and I'm rambling... The pope is just a man, and from the excerpt it doesn't look like Maher threatened anyone's life, so what's the big deal. Besides if the Pope is really God's servant than maybe Maher will go to hell, unless God has an equally twisted sense of humor

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
That guy is a idiot....I watched his show for about 5 min a couple years ago and he reminds me of the poor mans Dennis Miller. Was real low brow stuff and that is coming from ME
Just another media freak in the freak kingdom....my apologies to hst

[edit on 17-4-2008 by TXMACHINEGUNDLR]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
lol bill maher doesn't hate god...he doesn't believe in one. the pope was a nazi...and admits it. he didn't slander the pope. another nonsensical post by alxandro

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   

" Bill Maher Slanders Pope. He Should Be Fired"

Oh Really?

Which do you think is the greater evil?

Dissing the pope or being a proponent against FREE SPEECH?

I feel sorry for you pal.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
well anything said about the pope is worth it. I find it silly to think he is higher than anybody else he nothing more than a man that has been put on a pedestal by people that think he is better then all. Religion is a joke to me sorry if i offend.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Freedom of speech....He can say whatever he wants. Catholics and other religious people say people who don't believe in religion are going to hell. They look at people like me funny because i don't believe in god, they think I'm a sinner and call me names. Should they be fired?

works both ways my friend.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

You certainly got me there.
I can't even pull-off the Fedora thing.

Pope humor, laughter for the masses...hehe

[edit on 17-4-2008 by spacedoubt]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
First off, the good pope was a Hitler youth. Secondly, the gang he works for is one of the largest launder's of nazi cash as well as helped many "poor nazi's" escape from the Allied Justice people like our grandfathers were coming to dish out.

As I'm sure others on this site can atest to, Prescot Bush was a financier of the nazi's as well as his good buddy Rockafeller. So who do we see still in control of the show today...a bush and a rockafeller. The recent visit by pope joe was just him checking on his goon squad in the states.

These people aren't christians and they never have been. They are power brokers and chicken hawks. These goons don't believe in democracy, christianity, or freedom for anyone. They are elitists only. I think many of us fail to understand the true meaning of "elitist". These people don't care about the suffering of others pain so long as they retain control. According to them and their own documents, they have the only mandate from any god to rule the masses by any means needed. Media is a weapon, food is a weapon, and the world is an industrial base set up for their exploitation and use. The masses are just workers who are expendable when not needed anymore.

It seems strange to me, however, that someone would choose to post a comment like this thread, here on ATS, instead of somewhere more suited to giving a crap. I doubt most ATSers care for the pope and see him for the charlaten he is.

Besides, all religion is based on cultist beliefs mixed with factual evidence. Faith is a human emotion and as such humans should only have faith in themselves. Oh well, long live Pope Pedophilia the 13th, or Pope Actung de Juden, or whatever!?

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
i'm sick of political correctness too ...

Yes I've seen you mention that before. My question to you then is what is the big problem?
Is it only offensive when it comes to something that directly relates to you and everything else is fair game for ridicule?

Being a bit hypocritical here, mate.

I'm no fan of Maher but what can I say...he's mostly right about all of what he said and kind of funny.

On a side note, when will people stop bringing up Imus and saying "where's Jesse Jackson!" about every public insult via the media that doesn't involve minorities? I swear I see it here all the time these days. I was almost waiting for someone to say "if the person he slandered was black..." Maher is an equal opportunity joker/offender and that includes minorities.

Ahem...stop whining?

- Lee

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   

by spacedoubt
I don't see a problem with this.
Is there something about Pope that elevates him above the rest of us?

I totally agree with this. Who cares. I mean, the Pope is just a person like I am. IMO. I am not Catholic and I dont see him as others do, I suppose. I dont put him on some special pedistal. And I think its ridiculous he is treated as if he is God himself.

by rcwj75
"Sticks and Stones can break my bones but names can never hurt me"?

Usually the person saying all the stuff makes themselves look more like an ass then anything. Life is way to short to sit and get worked up, angry, or offended over someone saying something.

And I agree with this too. Give someone enough rope, they will hang themselves.

Oh, and im a Christian...but I do not believe a MAN should ever be worshiped like the Pope is. No way.

And I believe Bill is an equal opportunity basher. He bashes anyone and everyone.LOL

[edit on 17-4-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlxandroAs much as he hates God, don't be surprised if ends up pissing his life away, drugged up and overdosed in a lonely apartment someday.

Well, it seems the OP's point has effectively been squashed. Yes... it's just comedy, mixed with some truth. It's all the whiners and criers, about this trivial stuff, in this country that have mucked up our legal system... with morons getting paid large sums of money because they spilled coffee on themselves. Personal responsibility... you don't like it, change the channel, turn it off, or don't read it... simple as that.

Why does he have to hate "God"? Does he even have to subscribe to a belief in your god? Isn't the notion of not having others religions FORCED upon you a large part of the foundation of the U.S.? Anyone who doesn't believe in your god will be punished thru "pissing his life away, drugged up and overdosed in a lonely apartment someday"?

Hilarious
You religious whackos crack me up. Realize that YOU are the problem in this world. ALL the religious whackos who believe the STORY they were told, without an inkling of proof. Hell... I even heard of one religion that recruits children under the 'guise of a guy named Santa Claus and some kind of egg bearing rabbit!! Only to be told later, "oh... we lied to you... these are the real facts."
*NewsFlash* Either one religion is right, or they all are wrong. There is one logical answer to that, but I do not expect a religious whacko to find it, as you all think your way is the right way and the only way. What a joke.

Bottom line... he's Bene-a-dict (Been-a-dick) to me... he's Bene-a-dict to you... he's Bene-a-dict to everyone... did he dick you too?

("Been-a-dick" concept borrowed from a comedian from The Bob & Tom Show)

[edit on 4/17/2008 by RabbitChaser]

[edit on 4/17/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   

I doubt he'll lose his job over this but I think the Italian Mob should rough him up a bit anyway.

Yeah cause most of us know the mob or mafia works for the vatican!
I dont see what the big deal is. He was only speaking the truth!
Hurts huh? Why not try to put yourself in the shoes of all those boys that where molested by these sickos.
Vatican blood money covers up these cases. And then he only says words like we are deeply ashamed.. Oh big freakin deal.. Words are shallow.
The pope can kiss my ass! He is a nazi, Child molesting promoter!
I think the Pope should be fired, arrested, and then tried for many account of scandle cover ups, and greater evils of this world.

Oh wait, we gonna send Vinny over here and break my legs???
Yeah nice statement there..
Mafia vatican government= the 3 state empire that will rule this world soon.
GOD= Gold oil drugs.
The Vatican, and the pope indirectly runs more drugs threw this world than any 2 bit hood.
You kill 1 person you are a murder.
You kill 10 people you are a serial killer.
You kill 100000's of souls you are a ruler!

Yeah works out real well for them huh..
Im sorry to see you have the cant beat um join um feeling in life.
I guess I can respect you and all. But you have a real crappy outlook there buddy.
When I cant beat um, I just jump back, and find some friends who dont agree, and if we all die trying, its better than joining up with some evil sickos that will taint my soul for the time I am here.

The difference between Imus and Bill, is Imus made a false statement.
About nappy headed hoes. That was slander.
Bill wasnt speaking slander, it was truth! BIG difference!

[edit on 17-4-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I don't know, seems to me like Maher pinned the tail right on the donkey on this one. But then if you are familiar with his comedy, you will know that he has had a major disliking for organized religion for quite a while now, and rarely ever holds his tongue on the subject.

A fact is a fact. Yes, the new Pope was a Hitler Youth. Yes the Catholic church has been for many years a haven for homosexual child molesting predators, and yes a lot of it was swept under the rug. Bill Mahers delivery may have been a little insensitive, but he isn't exactly a sensitive type of guy.

One thing I must say, for me personally this new Pope Benedict, I have to say the guy gives me the creeps for some reason. He looks eerily similar to the Dark Emperor from Star Wars, his eyes and mannerisms just scream EVIL...lol. Maybe it is just me, but I personally wouldn't trust the guy enough to leave him alone in the same room with my cat.

John Paul, now there was a Holy Father. He played the part well, did a lot of great things in his time. He was more of a believable figure. This new guy, not so much.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Popes, Arch-Bishops and Imams are all fair game.....but don't ever have a rant against a Rabbi

In all fairness to Mr. Maher, he's not the first to criticise the pope, especially for his damage control efforts (prior to becoming Pope) in trying to sweep Kiddie Fiddler cases under the rug.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Maher is a moron ... but he has free speech and can say what he wants.
Unlike IMUS, eh? ... hmmm
And no, I don't like IMUS and supported his being fired.
I'm just making the comparison.
Why fire IMUS and not MAHER for making the same type of smears?

Anyways .. let him say what he wants.
Starting threads like this just allows for MORE Catholic bashing.

Isn't MAHER a follower of that cult in Florida - the one where the leader says he is both Christ and the Anti-Christ?? I read that somewhere. I don't know if it's true or not.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
In a world where we say democracy and free speech are vital i cant really see how Bill Maher should be punished for saying something about a religious figure as the pope. I mean Catholic believe system is based on one can get repentance for putting in some money and do a confession... what kind of bs is that, so they actually mean by putting even more money into their already overwhelmed bankaccounts would cut me or anyone else a slack in the end of this travel, arhhh no way, no god will take money as a meassurement of how good you behaved on the last travel. If there is a god he will jugde you on your actions not your wallet.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
THIS IS IT . This is the cult that I read Bill Meher is part of. I don't know if that's true. But it's what I have read. Take it for what that's worth.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   

The guy isn't lying.

As a Cardinal, ratzinger was in charge of Crimen solicitationis - which you can find original documents about, here

And yes, he was in the hitler youth, and we have only his word regarding his motivations for being in that organisation.

If the pope is going to set himself up as a political figure and try and tell others what to do, then he's got to be prepared to take the flak as well.

There's further reading as some have pointed out, but there's also further reading that supports the RCC and their policies.

My advice would be to read both, and then make a value judgement.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Bill Maher said many truths during his bashing of the pope, he is at the top of the catholic church and yes if your the head of something you get all the crap for it. But after hearing that benedict passed that act in the church to keep all abused children by the catholic church confidential, Maher is right, he'd be locked up for doing that in any sort of business. Yet since the catholic church is a seperate state he gets off scotch free, when in fact he should be doing life; and be labeled as a sex offender. Benedict also never fled Nazi germany as the article in your statement said, he lived in Germany until he entered the church in his late teens to early 20's. If I put that on the trail of my life I made up my own mind when I was probably welllllllll ten. So whatever about this guy he's so old he's gonna be dead in the next 5 years anyway; it's the next pope we have to worry about.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Give me your Lucky Charms little boy... lol. The funniest picture I've seen yet today great post made me laugh my a s s off.

[edit on 17-4-2008 by Lokey13]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join