It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Knight. Skynet is truly coming!

page: 1/

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Pretty wicked vehicle. No doubt we are getting close to Skynet.

Can control it from a Bradley if they wanted to.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by deltaboy]

Notice the desert camo...no doubt they want this in Iraq to test its capabilities.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by deltaboy]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
They should stop with all that robotic / android stuff. Even a computer (with windows on it!!!
) can drive you crazy, now think of a overpowered robot with Windows on its system! DAMN

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Devilnitro28

if it had windows in it can you imagine the amount of times they would need to upgrade or remove a Virus?

on a serious note
can a machine be accountable for war crimes

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Is it just me or does that thing look like it's got way more provisions for situational awareness than a real manned tank?

Having enough external cameras so that you can effectively look around you unhindered by the physical presence of your vehicle, whilst still under armor would be a rather helpful feature on a tank, I'd think.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Skynet eh !

Wasnt the computer network in The Terminator called Skynet !!!

Fiction mirroring Science Fiction yet again ...... wonder when i will become self aware and decided we are bugs that need exterminating !

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I watch my friends playing call of duty, and I can only wonder, they have these kids trained to never miss a shot, who knows if they go to play an online campaign if they are not actually controlling some robot in an actual war. I imagine in the future, this is how they will recruit peoples skills for manning robots, and who knows if they will even tell us about it, they could just pick the people who never let their stats down to unknowingly control a robot campaign, I only think this because that would eliminate the blame for war crimes, since it would be committed by anyone who just loves to play a certain video game. You could serve on a tour in iraq from your living room or computer chair!

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Nothing to see here. Move along. Skynet is your friend. This is all for your own protection...

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Now all they need to do is somehow convert the controllers to use the mouse is will give a faster and more accurate response. I always hate playing games with controller as to a keyboard and mouse pc games.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
It's a robot that can kill people. Big whoop. It still takes orders from humans.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Makoto

Think "force multiplier." This is the answer to avoiding the draft when we invade the next country.

Also keep in mind that when a lot of cops start waking up and realizing their on the wrong side, this will be how the police-state is enforced.

Lastly, just because humans are in the loop at the moment doesn't mean they're necessary. All they need to do is come up with a bit of software to sit in the C+C center. The technology is already available. In fact, its already incorporated it looks like. Just give an override code to authorize the vehicle to shoot in sight. Take out the "safety" component. Kind of like an assault rifle. Buy one domestically, it's semi-auto. Easy modification to get it to fire full-auto.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
But that doesn't mean the thing will become sentient. As I've said before, AI isn't just a matter of processing power--at worst, this will become an enforcer for whoever controls it. By the time we can make a viable soldier out of an autonomous AI... well, by the time we can mass-produce viable AIs, period, the world will be turning on its head.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Makoto

I don't think these tanks are going to become sentient, but that doesn't mean they can't be sent out to idependently seek and destroy.

As far as AI goes, check out the software/hardware combo here...

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Why would they paint the armored vehicle that color and clearly draw attention to where the cameras are? Wouldn't that make it easier for the enemy to target and disable its "eyes?" The thing should be black.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It would be great if there were no Chinese pirated software such as Cisco routers in these machines. Consider this:
FBI fears Chinese may have backdoor into US government and military

top topics

join