It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saginaw, Michigan, man discovers UFOs do exist; and he has a picture

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Saginaw, Michigan, man discovers UFOs do exist; and he has a picture

www.mlive.com

In the early evening of Sunday, April 6, Mook and his father, Matthew H., 42, both of Saginaw, were strolling through the Shiawassee National Wildlife Refuge.

"I was photographing wildlife, taking videos of deer and geese," said the younger Mook, who works at Burger King, 1420 N. Michigan in Saginaw.

Struck by the beauty of the tranquil skyline, Mook raised his Aiptek digital camera and took a photo of the setting sun. He didn't realize until he looked at the photo later what his lenses had captured.

In the photo, a trapezoid-shaped object resembling a hat hovers in the middle of the sun. A bluish platform seems to extend from underneath it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

This does not look right... i am going to look at the photo closer.

www.mlive.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

When you zoom in on the original image it looks very much like it has been a VERY simple photoshop, you can very easily see the original square of the dropped image. Plus the fact that it looks very similar to a space invaders ship.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentShadow

what about the video? do you have a link to the video he mentioned in the interview? he said he was filming geese flying and saw the object.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This wins the award for the WORST UFO PHOTOSHOP PHOTO. This doesnt even look real. 100% hoax/fraud

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
See the similarities? This guy is definitely on to something here.

The mooninites must be on the verge of an invasion

[edit on 16/4/08 by xstealth]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I might have found a more plausible explanation....

This is yet another case of a digital camera's CCD chip being saturated by the sun and displaying a patch of black pixels where the saturation occurs.

Some CCDs are better than others at how and at what point they saturate, how they behave when they do and what different camera settings affect it the most..

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I wonder if his camera still works properly. Maybe part of the ccd is fried.

How about a 'black project' craft hence the color.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Master_Wii

Yeh that's what the comments at the bottom of the article all point toward. I think it looks like he opened up in paint and drew it in, i think it looks more like that than some saturation problem.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Isn't an object like that with the sun behind it supposed to be more blurry and bright around the edges. Looks fake to me.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I think the picture is real.....
But that is just the effect you get whet you point your camera directly at the sun; I'm at work now and I can't post example pictures but do a quick google search and you will see what I'm talking about.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I tend to think your explanation is closer to the truth. To digitally add a black object, unless he though it should be black because it was in front of the sun, is just short-sighted. My opinion.

Edit: sp

[edit on 4/16/2008 by roadgravel]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I love Ufology, and all things the subject covers, i have many many thousands of UFO pictures in my collection , i believe myself to be the worlds biggest believer in Ufo's of the ET kind, But i got to tell ya this has got to be the weirdest, most unconvincing, UFO i have ever seen outside a bugs bunny cartoon, Now im not saying the guy has deliberately faked this picture, i would never do that, people can convince themselves of anything if they try hard enough.

I just can't fathom that he himself was convinced by this? if i accidentally caught this on a photograph i would doubt myself, i think this is the first time i have ever said this, and i can't believe i am going to, this has to be the worst UFO picture i have ever seen, i can't even believe the camera would have picked up anything in the light in the direction this was taken.

I am in total disbelief that this even made it into any news article, i have seen as well as you all, more convincing UFO's in the worst UFO thread here on ATS.

To the OP i am not making a digg at you i thank you for the thread.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I'd have to agree at this stage: This does Not look like a "real" UFO to me either.

However, it DOES raise an interesting point:

How can we be certain that we would be capable of recognizing a Truely alien craft if what we are seeing has never been seen before

We must admit, at least privately, that unless an object enountered meets certain preconceptions, the observer may not recognize the object for what is really is.

Is that a Police box, or a TARDIS?

I don't remember a building there...

Who were those children dressed so funny standing around that man with the odd expression on his face?

It's not an Italian resturant, it's, it's Somebody Else's Problem!

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Well since you experts have each decided this is fake I guess it would look foolish if we actually discussed it. Do folks do that around here anymore?

Observations, comments, rants:
1) The object is NOT black. As seen in the zoom there are more colors than just black.
Here is a crop and 400% zoom.

2)

Originally posted by SilentShadow

When you zoom in on the original image it looks very much like it has been a VERY simple photoshop, you can very easily see the original square of the dropped image. Plus the fact that it looks very similar to a space invaders ship.

Where is the square of the original image? I do not VERY EASILY see it.

3) For the sake of us NON ufo experts here (I've seen at least one but what the hell do I know) please do not tell us what we do and do not see. I am interested in everyones opinions on the subject and would hate for people to feel pressured not to make contributions because they thought they were going to get laughed at.

4) It looks to me like an Unidentified object reported to have been flying.

5) I googled shooting a digital camera into the sun and found bupkiss that resembled the above photo. I spent a couple minutes looking so it might still be out there but you know I'm just sayin'

[edit on 16-4-2008 by stikkinikki]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
i said what i said and i stand by it.

I'm not an expert,I'm just sharing my opinion.
also check what else people think this could be;granted it looks round but you get my point.www.eskimo.com...

[edit on 17-4-2008 by miguelbmx]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Looky here a similar shaped ufo but this time caught on video. I know, everything is fake. Are they just motivated by fame? Is it a coordinated effort to get us to believe in an exterrestrial threat?

Could this be the Best UFO Footage Ever? (Clear Video of UFO)

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
See the similarities? This guy is definitely on to something here.

The mooninites must be on the verge of an invasion

[edit on 16/4/08 by xstealth]

What the heck is this? You are kidding right? The cartoon looks like the object in the photo?

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by miguelbmx
i said what i said and i stand by it.

I'm not an expert,I'm just sharing my opinion.
also check what else people think this could be;granted it looks round but you get my point.www.eskimo.com...

Interesting pics but they are black when you blow them up. I think they look quite different from the UFO in the original picture. One of your "black spots" has a funny square around it.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
i believe myself to be the worlds biggest believer in Ufo's

Originally posted by azzllin
people can convince themselves of anything if they try hard enough.

'Nuff said.

[edit on 17/4/08 by Smokersroom]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join