It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DMX: Barack? What kind of a name is that?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I am surprised and not so surprised on what I just saw, however it's pretty shocking how a famous rapper doesn't even know who Obama is when they are of the same race which matters here in the U.S..

I seriously wonder how many blacks are even going to vote.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
this is old...

but yeah..it's pretty f'n sad. however, dude's a crackhead..and crackheads are concered with one thing and one thing ONLY..their next hit.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
# this guy. This is so biased. DMX is actually a smart dude. This idiot leaves out most the interview.. Like the parts where X is makin' sense. Peep...

So you’re not following the race. You can’t vote right?
Nope.

Is that why you’re not following it?
No, because it’s just—it doesn’t matter. They’re gonna do what they’re gonna do. It doesn’t really make a difference. These are the last years.

But it would be pretty big if we had a first Black president. That would be huge.
I mean, I guess…. What, they gon’ give a dog a bone? There you go. Ooh, we have a Black president now. They should’ve done that # a long time ago, we wouldn’t be in the #in’ position we in now. With world war coming up right now. They done #ed this # up then give it to the Black people, “Here you take it. Take my mess.”

Right, exactly.
It’s all a #in’ setup. It’s all a setup. All #in’ bull#. All bull#. I don’t give a # about none of that.

We could have a female president also, Hillary Clinton.
I mean, either way it doesn’t matter. I don’t care. No one person is directly affected by which president, you know, so what does it matter.

Yeah, but the country is.
I guess. The president is a puppet anyway. The president don’t make no damn decisions.

The president…they don’t have that much authority basically?
Nah, never.

But Bush pretty much…
You think Bush is making #in’ decisions?

He did, yeah, he #ed up the country.
He act like he making decisions. He could barely speak! He could barely #in’ speak!
Can’t be serious. He ain’t making no damn decisions.

Well Barack has a good chance of winning so that might be something.
Good for him, good for him.

The questions from the interviewer come first followed by X's answers. He know's whats up.. This is incredibly biased and ignorant.

you can see the whole interview here. they makin X out to be some kind of moron when he's not.

www.xxlmag.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
hmmmm....

i never knew there was more to the interview...

oh well..*shrugs*

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
its worth checking out

you know so you can get the whole story rather than the little part this idiot talks about in his youtube show to make DMX look stupid

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Roland Deschain

PHew that made me a lot more comfortable. I knew that someone of his prominence would atleast know something of this magnitude.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
yea...DMX can't vote...I can't really blame him for not following the election if he can't even vote

hell, i can vote and i'm hardly following the election..I doubt i'll even end up voting..Sorry but thats just how i feel. similar to how X feels in this interview

i actually agree with everytthing he says in that part of the interview i quoted

[edit on 16-4-2008 by Roland Deschain]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

When asked who the Vice President was Paris Hilton was completely out of her depths. I'm not sure being of the same "race" is as cogent as the general vacuity of American celebrities.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
This isn't the first time the medias done stuff like this.
Being smart and knowing what's going on on this rock just doesn't quite fit in with the bloodthirsty gangster image which sell records does it?

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
This isnt that bad. He is just a celeberity. I dont see why it really matters if your in to politics your in to politics. Its just that some people arn't and thats ok also. Anyways he cant vote so why even bother.

I dont follow the election either. And that is because I dont think our vote makes a difference. Anyways im not lazy like most Americans and if I want change I'll get change. And thats because I dont need the goverments aprovel to do what I want.

top topics

join