It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems charge GOP groups with collusion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Dems charge GOP groups with collusion

www.politico.com

House Democrats will file a complaint with the Federal Election Commission on Wednesday charging that the National Republican Congressional Committee and the conservative organization Freedom’s Watch are illegally coordinating campaign activities.

In a draft of its complaint, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee points to a script Freedom’s Watch submitted to Louisiana TV stations on Tuesday for an attack ad bashing Democratic House candidate Don Cazayoux.

The Democrats say the “metadata” in the Microsoft Word document contains the letters “NRCC” in the title field and shows that the document was last modified by “cforti” — apparently a reference to Carl Forti, a former NRCC official who was recently named as executive vice president for issue advocacy at Freedom’s Watch.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I am sorry but I really don't know all the nuts and bolts of how parties work, after all the last (and first) campaign I worked on was McGovern's... but don't they all do this?

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I just love the fact that the same group of people who benefit from MoveOn.org, George Soros, and Soros' half dozen or so false fronted PACs activities that not only violate the FEC rules, but shred them to pieces has the cajones to go after the GOP for this one. Maybe once every Dem involved in this publically denounces Soros and MoveOn I'll believe they actually care in the least about FEC regulations. Until then it's just a case of Little Jimmy getting caught stealing a bag of cookies and immediately saying "but Little Johnny stole a piece of gum!" to try and direct attention away from himself.

new topics

join