It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton On Southern Working Class Whites In 1995: "Screw 'Em"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Hillary Clinton On Southern Working Class Whites In 1995: "Screw 'Em"

www.huffingtonpost.com

During the past week, Sen. Hillary Clinton has presented herself as a working class populist, the politician in touch with small town sentiments, compared to the elitism of her opponent, Sen. Barack Obama.

But a telling anecdote from her husband's administration shows Hillary Clinton's attitudes about the "lunch-bucket Democrats" are not exactly pristine.

In January 1995, as the Clintons were licking their wounds from the 1994 congressional elections, a debate emerged at a retreat at Camp David. Should the administration make overtures to working class white southerners who had all but forsaken the Democratic Party? The then-first lady took a less than inclusive approach.

"Screw 'em," she told her husband. "You don't owe them a thing, Bill. They're doing nothing for you; you don't have to do anything for them."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I used to like Bill and Hillary Clinton but this whole take no prisoners fight until the last voter is lost campaign has really soured me on them. Its all about ego and nothing more.

She takes Obama to task for pointing out that the working classes are feeling bitter and betrayed, yet as this story points out, she has no more respect for them than (what she claims Obama) does.

If she manages somehow to get the nomination, I am voting for Nader.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Honestly, we are completely screwed any way we go this election...Any three of these hand-picked candidates will further the same vested interests of the people who have chosen them FOR us. There is no difference between any of them. It is all one big giant party screwing the citizenry to no end.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Perhaps but some are more odious than others. And Hillary is almost as odious as Guillani, in fact the only way I would vote for her is if Gulliani had gotten the Republican nod.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

If I "had" to choose in terms of the most non-blatantly corrupt of the 3-I'd probably go with Barack. He's still dirty though, just probably the lesser ogf the 3 evils.

HilLIARy can't tell the truth to save her face, and she's as dirty as they can get...John McInsane TELLS the truth-He will march us straight into armeggeddon without blinking an eye. lol

It's unreal how transparent the vested interests have control of our 'leadership' or 'potential' leadership anymore.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I wonder if Obama is actually the one to avoid... As he clearly is presented as the best candidate IMO. Or like you said, just the lesser of the three evils. I just get a feeling that this situation is way too simple to be the truth... McCain and Clinton are too openly receiving negative press. Just my gut feeling...

But, hey, I'm not even a US citizen...

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
McCain. Yea I can see him marching straight into armageddon, why not? He probably won't live out a full 4 yr term anyway. Old fart.

Clinton. She scares me. You know when you screw up so bad you have to but your wife candy, flowers, diamonds, AND a new Mercedes to keep her calm? Hillary has all that. She'll just go ballistic. PMS on roids.

Obama. As mentioned, he seems too clean. I think he's much better at hiding skeletons than the Clinton crime family.

I don't know, but I think it doesn't matter who we vote for. I have a gut feeling that the successor to GW has already been selected, and that this stage show is exactly that, a stage show.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
When I saw her comments about being for working class people I wanted to puke. She is the very definition of priviledged elitest Washington insider and the closes she ever comes to working class americans is when the guy comes to clean her pool.

I am amazed that people either ignore or cannot see what a charletan she truly is. Hillary supports nothing but Hillary

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Here is Hillary's best and most honest moment in her life:

That's all!

....end transmission

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dk3000

Ok I'll play....I can top it.....

www.liveleak.com...

Hehe...Every time I see Hitlery.....I mean Hillary I imagine her standing a podium looking as usual yet behind the podium what you don't see is her wearing those long goose stepping boots on with a Nazi Hitler youth knife in one hand behind her back and the US constitution in the other all the while winking at GW.

[edit on 17-4-2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
reply to post by dk3000

Ok I'll play....I can top it.....

www.liveleak.com...

Hehe...Every time I see Hitlery.....I mean Hillary I imagine her standing a podium looking as usual yet behind the podium what you don't see is her wearing those long goose stepping boots on with a Nazi Hitler youth knife in one hand behind her back and the US constitution in the other all the while winking at GW.

The video takes way to long to load. I wish I had time to wait. Yes, my computer if fully updated!!!!

I'll just give it to you because I usually have to bow to your comic genius anyway!

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

That's real???

reply to post by dk3000

Oh, I can't stop laughing.

[edit on 17-4-2008 by Mekanic]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I always liked Bill Clinton, he was a good president, but Hillary's gotta go. She could have PMS & hit the button, blow up 1/2 the planet & go "oops, I had a moment...." shes kinda like a mean old pitbull whos been tied up on a short chain for too long.

Obama's OK--BUT- theres something suspicious about him, although I can't decide what it is yet.

Now, The Gray Ghost (mccain) is a time bomb waiting to go off, hes old, hes bitter, hes gotta go!!!

Ron Paul was/is a good choice but unfortunately the media turned him into the laughingstock of the group, but hes a very intelligent man--with some good ideas, he won't back down under pressure & thats what the others worry about-he can't be manipulated, he doesn't have a hidden agenda.

The winners already been picked but we still have to go thru the motions so that it looks as if "we the people" have decided....they suck.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MekanicObama. As mentioned, he seems too clean. I think he's much better at hiding skeletons than the Clinton crime family.

I agree to a large extent with some of the comments made.

It's unfortunate however that we have been so abused as citizens/voters and have become so jaded, that we can't - or won't - take anyone at face value anymore.

By all accounts Obama is a smart, likable, well-spoken, thoughtful person. Hell, even Hillary admits that much.

When even critics have to give you credit, you must not be half bad. I would also like to add that he has a reason for wanting to put the country on a path to a brighter future - his two very young daughters.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mekanic
reply to post by CaptGizmo

That's real???

reply to post by dk3000

Oh, I can't stop laughing.

[edit on 17-4-2008 by Mekanic]

Then this post will really get you going:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Well after the most recent ABC debate, it's pretty clear that Hillary is the preferred candidate of the establishment MSM. I don't know how many people saw it, but it was a total hatchet job - it was as if Hillary's campaign team wrote the questions. It's become something of a controversial situation, because ABC pretty clearly tipped their hand as being in the pocket of the Clinton campaign.

Shocking, or then again maybe not

But all it does is redouble my determination to vote for Obama.
If the Establishment fears him so much that they're willing to obviously tip their hand like that, he must be doing something right

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
DearGod in heaven......please stop the grinning Mephistopheles from jump starting the apocalypse
laughing all the way to hell as she drags the planet to it's impending doom....!!

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I cant understand what people talk about when they say "he is too old". Dont they know that his mother is still alive. He is 70 and his mother is still alive at 90.!! Even if he did two terms he wouldnt be able to beat her age she is now.

Also Hillary Clinton herself is from the "middle class southern". Just because people have money and status now doesnt mean they were born with it. Why cant people understand that ? Hard work and dedication take people up the ladder. This is America still. Instead of slandering her people should consider her as a candidate in her own right.

Personally Obama is the most creepiest candidate. His ivory tower nonsense and his ability to talk for hours without saying anything are dangerous. He presents an image that is too polished and practiced to be natural. He doesnt own up to anything. He will talk around around the table and give you some BS answer.

Plus he is a black candidate that has polarized the black community. I'd vote for an eskimo if he was a good candidate but not somebody who tries to raise race feelings to get support.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
DearGod in heaven......please stop the grinning Mephistopheles from jump starting the apocalypse
laughing all the way to hell as she drags the planet to it's impending doom....!!

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Just kiddin Hillary:

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join