It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Risk of Nuclear Attack on Rise

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Risk of Nuclear Attack on Rise

www.washingtonpost.com

By Mary Beth Sheridan
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, April 16, 2008; Page B04

Concerned that not enough attention is being paid to the risk of a nuclear attack, a Senate committee yesterday looked at the consequences of such a terrorist strike in Washington -- and said that more could be done to save lives. A hearing, called by the Committee on Homeland Security and Government Affairs, featured charts showing the horrific effects of a small nuclear device detonating near the White Hous.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The government tis preparing for the detonation of a small nuclear device detonating near the White House. Could it be that the CIA is fully aware of missing weapons from the former Soviet Union? I am of the opinion that it is highly likely Russian military officials sold some devices in wake of the financial disaster.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Yosimitie Sam

Undoubtedly when this device goes off- there will be many in Washington drinking daquris one some beach in Dubai laughing at the strength of their SPF sunscreen and comparing it to ours.

The little boys with their little toys- always very safe distance away.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Just saw this, wow scary to think about. I have often thought the same thing about the Russian economy Sam. Never heard of that M65 nuclear rifle now that is a nightmare in the wrong hands. It's amazing there has not been a nuclear incident since WWII.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Yosimitie Sam

how easy would it be to modify these for todays weapons, bet they could lob it more than three miles today

or build one very quickly that could go further

thanks for this

david

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Intresting cross thread related quote at the end of the article in light of discussions of martial law.

Geldart disagreed with an idea raised by Carter at the hearing: having the federal government assume control after a nuclear explosion. "The federal government is not going to wrest control from a state, as long as state and local governments are capable of responding," Geldart said.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I just posted this vid elsewhere, but since he mentions nuclear attack in DC, I figured to post it here... regarding the 'continuity of government'...

Bush/Cheney to Attempt Possible Coup
Presentational Directives NSPD51 and HSPD20

(Dr. Jerome Corsey on CSPAN)

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I don't suppose it could possibly have anything to do with this?

Or is it just more lies and spin to instill yet more fear into the populace, thus paving the way for a "pre emptive" strike against those pesky iranians...

Better start counting the number of times bush and co say "nuclear weapons" and "iran" in the same sentence.

The record is 935 for iraq and WMD'S - I bet they beat that count this time around...

[edit on 16/4/2008 by budski]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I agree I wonder if its a propaganda attempt to breed fear. They certainly need to take away a few more rights to ensure our safety.... oh wait they already did that The Patriot Act says your a terrorist if they say you are. Then you have no rights....

I am into survival and fighting the NWO. I am veteran of a few survivalist message boards so I know the drill. That's what brought me here to this site.

FYI

2008: Nuclear Attack by Terrorists on United States?
Hugo Chavez - the 'Missing Link' to Nuclear Terror; Islamic Sleeper Agents, Latin American Military Operatives, and MS-13 Gangs 'Silent' Invasion Force in 3,500 U.S. Cities – Can We Stop It?
– by Mark Lawrence - Update: Dec. 31, 2007 - SecretsofSurvival.com –

This may be a very deadly year for Americans living in the United States.

According to Hal Lindsey of WorldNetDaily.com, Hugo Chavez, the President of Venezuela, has threatened to unleash an army of operatives already inside the United States, if the U.S. attacks Iran.

In other words, mass murder in U.S. cities by Latin American militants and the street gangs that operate alien / drug / gun smuggling routes under their leadership.

WND: Chavez threatens to 'unleash operatives' already in U.S.

MS-13, which most likely helped smuggle into America the 'army of operatives' Chavez has threatened to unleash, is the most violent gang in the United States, numbering in the tens of thousands, responsible for murders across the country and the subject of congressional investigations. At one point they were reported to be in over 3,500 U.S. cities.

Approximately 70,000 more are in Central America where many receive paramilitary training, and from the sound of things, have been sneaking in by the thousands from Mexico into the United States.
www.secretsofsurvival.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Oh Sam... I can't believe this "Chavez unleashing terrorist militants in US cities" story... its WAY WAY too over the top, don't you think?

I mean, the guy is facing enough trouble back home, to deal with an enormous amount of people that don't like him there.

This "Chavez is evil" story sounds made up by a CIA operation for me.

Peace

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Well I don't l know about Chavez but al-Qaida I would believe.

Recently, FBI Director Robert Mueller, in an interview with Newsmax, confirmed Williams' main claim. Mueller said al-Qaida's paramount goal is clear: to detonate a nuclear device that would kill hundreds of thousands of Americans.

Mueller told Newsmax that at times, the threat feels so real he lies awake at night thinking about the prospect.

Williams maintains that al-Qaida is not content on blowing up one nuclear device or even simply a "dirty" nuke — but wants to explode real nuclear devices in seven U.S. cities simultaneously.

Williams says these cities are New York, Washington, D.C., Las Vegas, Miami, Boston, Houston, and Los Angeles.

w3.newsmax.com...

[edit on 4/17/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Yeah, that Hugo Chavez story is an obvious bogus CIA planted story. I'm surprised how sloppy they have been getting lately.

The story is intended to deliver two main messages... lock down the Mexican border at any cost, and be afraid of your neighbors and report everything they do.

I thought the straight forward "be afraid" messages were left back in the 1940's, as the populace isn't that gullible anymore... but clearly someone in the CIA is a little old and severely needs to retire.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
wat the helll? It's gonna be 9/11 all over again! people are gonna say its the government and the government is gonna blame IRan or terrorists. Why is the government talking between themselves about this....EXPAND it before its too late. Anyone concerned about this story? Anyone think that this can happen anywhere?

[edit on 17-4-2008 by adkchamp]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by adkchamp

Has it ever happened before? Yes, so yes it can happen again... I never thought of another 9/11, but now that you mentioned this you could be right... They could essentially use some strike like that to declare war on Iran... They are dieing for a reason to invade Iran...

I guess it would be pretty easy to make small sized bombs and sneak them in a backpack or something.. Scary... Nukes don't mess around... Something small can create massive devastation and fallout... blah... We need to destroy all the nukes...

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
We can go to war take over countrys do many silly things in life BUT BUT
good old ET is not going to let any one any where let off any NUKES !!!

I realy do think ET has steped in a few times in the past and stoped the Gov from pusing the button

Maybe i might be crazy but thats my thoughts

pushing

[edit on 18-4-2008 by duffster]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Has it ever happened before? Yes, so yes it can happen again... I never thought of another 9/11, but now that you mentioned this you could be right... They could essentially use some strike like that to declare war on Iran... They are dieing for a reason to invade Iran...

At the same time could call martial law and become Dictator
thats the scary part as well

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
This is becoming very familiar. I hate to sound cliché but it seems very much like preparing an early defense for another 9/11 type false flag event.
Not that it wont/can’t happen. Whether it is orchestrated by the US, Iran Pakistan or whoever is another matter.
We have all thought it and we may as well get the conspiracy train rolling early on this one. Unfortunately we will have to wait for it to happen before we can argue over the Youtube vids and the he saids she saids…..

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
My bet would be the 60th anniversary of Israel or the 7th anniversary of 911... or the US election of course. And at the last minute... the day or the day before the inauguration of the new US president.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Wow a nuclear attack on multiple US cities would be one hell of a false flag event. That would probably be the final move in the push toward a one world government. They sure seem to preparing us for it.

Department of Homeland Security Survival Kit

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
So what's up with this worldnetdaily website? Is it a CIA propaganda mill or what? I mean look at this article...

Al-Qaida nukes already in U.S.

Terrorists, bombs smuggled across Mexico border by MS-13 gangsters

WASHINGTON – As London recovers from the latest deadly al-Qaida attack that killed at least 50, top U.S. government officials are contemplating what they consider to be an inevitable and much bigger assault on America – one likely to kill millions, destroy the economy and fundamentally alter the course of history, reports Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin.

According to captured al-Qaida leaders and documents, the plan is called the "American Hiroshima" and involves the multiple detonation of nuclear weapons already smuggled into the U.S. over the Mexican border with the help of the MS-13 street gang and other organized crime groups.

Al-Qaida has obtained at least 40 nuclear weapons from the former Soviet Union – including suitcase nukes, nuclear mines, artillery shells and even some missile warheads. In addition, documents captured in Afghanistan show al-Qaida had plans to assemble its own nuclear weapons with fissile material it purchased on the black market.

According to this we would be nuked by now...

Each suitcase weighed between 50 and 80 kilograms (approximately 110 to 176 pounds) and contained enough fissionable plutonium and uranium to produce an explosive yield in excess of two kilotons," wrote Williams. "One suitcase bore the serial number 9999 and the Russian manufacturing date of 1988. The design of the weapons, Tenet told the president, is simple. The plutonium and uranium are kept in separate compartments that are linked to a triggering mechanism that can be activated by a clock or a call from the cell phone

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join