It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government UFO stories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I have seen it brought up on a couple threads but not fully explored and would like to see what others thought of this.

I think that a lot of the more dubious UFO claims are put out by the government to discredit real reshearch into the subject. Why have to cover up single events when you can blanket the WHOLE idea with silliness.

I think it is a two pronged attack one on the stories and the other "prong" is starting wild stories that just give the entire group of UFO believers a black eye.

This is why it is so important for us to look at each story with a skeptical eye and not blindly defend even the most outlandish tale as the truth. I think that in doing so we harm the greater cause, which to me would be proving Aliens are real to begain with.

After it does not matter if all of the stories are true, only one has to be, and I think are energy would be better spent trying to find evidence to back some of the more realistic stories.

Roswell comes to mind along with several others.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
i beleave its a real posibility, and the only way to confirm to your self that ufo's are real (IE:ufos as in anti gravity ships/plans)

is to see one for you self, now the debate on if there human or alien

i think 95% are human 5% or less alien!

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
This is a fact without a doubt.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Disinformation is an awesome weapon when used correctly. Psychological warfare can be alot more effective than guns and knives.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
well spoken my good man

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Disinformation is an awesome weapon when used correctly.

That is what I am saying and I think we fall into the trap when we are not VERY subjective with what we claim as "proof" or careful with what we back and believe in. Believing every crackpot who claims to be in touch with aliens is only hurting our cause, IMO. Just as they need to understand that ALL UFO stories are not from liars or insane people we need to understand that some, if not most are.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I definitly agree. I think the government paying certain people to spread this disinfo is also plausible.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Richard Dolan, author of UFOs and The National Security State, has uncovered what the government knows about UFOs.

Visit his website here: www.keyholepublishing.com...

In my opinion, this is probably the most extensive history of UFOs ever written in one volume. He's working on the second volume now and is due for release sometime late next year.

Also, check out John Greenwald Jr.'s website for the largest collection of government documents through the Freedom of information Act. His website is www.theblackvault.com...

Another extremely informative website that has collected various articles and information on government knowledge of UFOs and were responsible for putting together the Kecksburg documentary for Sci-Fi is The Coalition for the Freedom of Information Check it out here www.freedomofinfo.org...

[Edited on 28-2-2004 by thirdeyeching]

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tetsuo-51
I definitly agree. I think the government paying certain people to spread this disinfo is also plausible.

i don't think the government would have to pay anyone. there's enough crazy people, ignorant people, and people just wanting attention already out there.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
What happened at ATS?

I leave here for two days and we go from, most members believe in UFO's or think they have credible basis to this thread? WTF?

new topics

top topics

join