It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel strikes after Hamas raid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Israel strikes after Hamas raid

news.bbc.co.uk

An Israeli air strike on the Gaza Strip has reportedly killed nine Palestinians after a Hamas attack which left three soldiers dead.

Two children are among those killed by the strike near Bureij refugee camp, doctors say, and a separate blast killed a Reuters cameraman.

Confirming the Bureij strike, which brought the day's death toll to 19, Israel said it had targeted gunmen.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
is this the Kick-off?

This has gotta be hurting someone right now.
I can only sit back and imagine all the clenched fists and grinding of teeth that is going on world wide at the moment.

Is this the excuse a lot of others have waited for?
Will this be met with astonishment by the West or will it be greated as a fair attack on terrorism?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
What puzzles me is why Hamas only seem to rely on the tactic of limited Qassam launches. We know that these rockets are no more advanced than the WW2 Katyusha or Nebelwerfer artillery-rocket systems, and they were always deployed as a mass-barrage weapon.

So why hasn't Hamas exploited the weapon's technological advantage of simplicity of design, cost-of-build, and launch method and picked a geographical target, and saturated the area with a massed strike?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
What's Israel supposed to do? Sit idly by while Hamas terrorists pick off their citizens one at a time? Hamas kills a few soldiers or blows up a market square filled with Israelis then after Israel retaliates everyone cries foul? Where's the outrage over the vicious attacks made by these Hamas militants on an hourly basis?

The Palestinians welcome and condone the militants to live among them, absorbing them into the masses so that no clear target is identifiable. This is the essence of guerilla warfare ONLY made possible by the Palestinian population being compliant. If these animals had no homes or safehouses to run to they would be eradicated easily by the Israelies and true peace could be embraced by both sides.

Israel tried the negotiating table and were rewarded with pools of blood after the suicide bombers were done with their responses.

Israel isn't going anywhere without someone wiping the country off the face of the map. The sooner the Palestinians accept this fact, the easier life will be on them. The ones who still call for the destruction of Israel should seriously look out their windows and realize just how close Israel is. Israel won't go BOOM without all of Palestine right along with it.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by blackbox

The problem in Israel goes FAR beyond killing members of militia groups. And more war and killing never brought about peace. Have you considered WHY the Palestinian people support their Hamas and Hezbollah leaders? None of these answers are simple. And I'd have to fill a few pages worth of history for you to understand just how difficult a situation this is. Don't worry, eventually they'll just kill every Palestinian. And there won't be any one left to remember the hatred that brought about this nasty war...Or will there?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

as usual the genocidal Israeli warmongers and maniacs manage to fail to learn the violence begets violence ...

despite the fact they were defeated by hezobollah

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I understand the conflict. Israel is an internationally recognized autonimous country. Whether people like that or not is not the issue. Whether it's right or wrong is not the issue. Palestine does not exist today and the Palestinians are just making it harder on themselves by refusing civil negotiations. Things will never again be as they once were, that's just the cold hard truth.

The adult thing to do is to openly communicate in the hope that even a fraction of what they once had might be regained through dialog, the rebellious child response is to wage a never-ending war "just because". Nothing will ever be proven throught the bloodshed and Israel will never yield.

Back when the Huns conquered people you didn't have guerilla factions taking pop-shots for generations afterwards. They killed every male of fighting age, every elder male, and usually male infants as well. Was this a more humane method to prevent years or centuries of in-fighting to come?

Has giving rules to war eased the suffering of mankind or prolonged it?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Lol Manson, you think Israel was defeated by hesbollah? Israel achieved a positive kill ratio of 10/1 and you call that a defeat?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
Lol Manson, you think Israel was defeated by hesbollah? Israel achieved a positive kill ratio of 10/1 and you call that a defeat?

10/1 yes, but 90% of them civilians. Israel has once again proven it is a war criminal swine and needs to be erased from the pages of history soon.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

thats right! 10 to 1 !! Israel could have made it a lot worst for them also...but under pressure they pulled back to talk.

I don't know how much longer they can talk to these ass-clowns though.. cause the Idiots aren't hearing..they just keep on firing rockets willy-nilly into Isreal, not caring where they land.

Too me an act of war has gone on for a long time agianst Israel and Israel has every right to strike with all the force and might they can bring on...anytime.

They ( Israel ) have put up with these attacks long enough.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

If you moved into my house, forcing my family out, made us live in a tent in my neighbors back yard, killed the neighbors when I voiced my disagreement, then cut off food water and supplies, I'd lob a few rockets at you too.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

You'd be better off buying food and looking to get on with your family and your life , than wasting money coming at me. you lost once attacking me and you'll get take down again. Just try.

Cause any ass-clown that comes at me , will get nothing then..except hurt real bad or dead.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Is that so unit541? If you were my neighbour and you threw stones at my windows and kept throwing stones at my windows and my windows started to break then I would eliminate you as you aould without dobt be an archiect of terror within the neighbourhood. A terrorist is a terrorist simple. Israel does not have to live with them.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith
What puzzles me is why Hamas only seem to rely on the tactic of limited Qassam launches. We know that these rockets are no more advanced than the WW2 Katyusha or Nebelwerfer artillery-rocket systems, and they were always deployed as a mass-barrage weapon.

So why hasn't Hamas exploited the weapon's technological advantage of simplicity of design, cost-of-build, and launch method and picked a geographical target, and saturated the area with a massed strike?

Typically these attacks are by men in the militias that are loosely organized, but may be an appendant body of a larger organization. They are told to (or asked NOT to..) strike Israel, they pick their own target and just do what they are told. They build the rockets poorly in their homes, take them to a field, launch them and run like hell because they know within minuits a hellicopter will be right above them.

Personally I think for their situation its the only thing they can do. Not saying they SHOULD, just what they can..

If they moved a massive platform of rockets, fired from trucks, fields or homes, the Israeli monitoring forces will take them out before a single rocket it launched. The idea is to be everywhere at anytime so Israel through preemptive strikes cannot impede their mission.

Even when Israel attacked Lebanon, the rockets where concentrated only in the begining as Israel took out all those firing them with speed. They then resorted back to sending teams of 4 or so men to launch and run.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It all comes back to one thing Iran. The only way to eliminate the terror threat to Israel is to eliminate the main pillar within The Axis Of Evil.....Iran. The proxies Hisbollah, Hamas and Syria are all part of the Iranian terror. Take 'em out before they create more terror.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ergoli

Damn Israel. Don't they know that they are supposed to look the other way while murdering sub human swine murder Israeli citizens in cold blood.

Right ergoli?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
OK what get me is no one on here mentioned that Former President Carter just got done meeting with a leading member of Hamas. Put the 2 and 2 together. Now you know.

link here

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Until the sponsor and supply network called Iran is eliminated and "wiped off the map" then Hamas like Hisbollah will continue to strike Israel. Iran must be eliminated.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

Lets not forget who's windows they were first.

@ Ruffready...
You really ought to read your post before clicking "Post Reply". There's even a handy button labeled "Preview Post" that you can use to see your post before actually posting it.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Right back at cha..same go's for you..stay on topic, how about that?? I knew exactly what I was laying down...do
you know how to read??

Again, I'll repeat (in an easier way) ok?

Do not attack Israel like you are doing. Spend your money and time trying to get your house in order.

You can never hope to win agaist Israel with rockets and blowing yourselves up.

Get a life.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join