It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else out there that cant dream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I have not had a dream in years (or recalled I know my brain is prolly "dreaming" but I simply cannot recall)

Everynight, I close my eyes, open them up...and its morning.

I cannot recall any dream I have had in years.

Im pretty much a happy person, I was never abused or have been put in extreme situations.

I just dont dream...

Anyone similar? Or can anyone provide an explanation?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
If you don't dream than you'll die. That cycle each night is important, or else you'll start hallucinating and going crazy during waking hours. They did a study with pigs, very interesting.

I've never really had a problem remembering my dreams, unless I'm really tired and had a lot to eat. Haha, I know what you mean when you just fall asleep and wake up, it happens rarely personally.

Try to go to sleep thinking of remembering your dream, and when you wake up, get up slowly and try to remember what you were dreaming. It could take some practice.

The dream world is an awesome place.

Good luck

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Perfectenemy05

I think it's natural that once we get older, we remember our dreams less and less often. I rarely remember mine, but every once in a while I do remember one. So, you probably are dreaming, you just don't remember them.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I know a few people that never remember their dreams, but thats because of their sleep - getting up at like 4 every morning etc...

But I always seem to remember mine.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
You are dreaming but you are just not remembering them. There could be many factors, mainly due to your sleeping patterns.

Mainly, you are most likely waking up at a time where you are not in a dream cycle.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Also bear in mind if you drink or take drugs (not that I'm saying anyone here does), this can affect your ability to remember your dreams.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
One time I went to sleep after having alcohol, I nearly had an OOBE. I didn't know what it was, so I had trouble sleeping for a while after that event (intense vibration and eerie noises can do that to you, though).

I didn't even know that this was a stage of having an OOBE until a couple of weeks ago, neither, until I ended up having an OOBE and then reading about it.

Still though, I generally remember a lot of my dreams, and I store them all at the back of my head.

join