It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you sell your soul to the Devil

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Just a simple question, would you sell your soul to the Devil for the winning Lotto ticket for MegaMillions, EuroMillions or what ever Lotto you play.

Haha ok I edited my spellings, don't blame me, blame the water company for putting too much fluoride in the water LoL

[edit on 16-4-2008 by NeoSpace]

[edit on 16-4-2008 by NeoSpace]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Well, considering a sole is a fish, I would have no problem selling anyone a fish for the winning lottery number.

Now, if you referred to my soul, I would not, as there is no amount of money large enough that would warrent that sacrifice.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Yes, I would give him any particular sole he wanted. I have a good relation with my local cobbler. At $50.00 for a full leather replacement, I think that is more than a fair trade off for a winning 'Pick 5' type ticket.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
There is NOTHING on this polluted, corrupt Earth worth your soul.
Not even a soul-mate.

Mar 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

Mar 8:37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Mar 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
heck Id sell him my whole shoe not just the sole, Id heap on a few fish as well if that would get me the winning ticket.

Seriously forget the grammar nazis.

Anyway, no I could not sell my soul to the devil for any amount. Id sell yours though. Wanna sell me your soul? Ill give you some fish or a shoe for it?

Ah buying souls on a sellers market. What fun. (Would I go to hell for buying souls?) eh.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
*Computer glitch!*

[edit on 16-4-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
SORRY
*My first TRIPLE post!*

[edit on 16-4-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
As I don't believe there is a Devil I would be more than willing to sell something a non-existent entity would never be able to collect.

Heck, if anyone here wants to make an offer, my soul is available for sale to the highest bidder.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

Ill give you all my points for your soul. Hows that? Sounds like a fair and reasonable araingement to me. Ill buy your soul for the great price of all of my points. You get the points and I get a notorised endorced certified contract for your soul collectable uppon your death.

[edit on 4/16/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Nope, never would even if that were possible.
The things that I desire most can't be had for coin anyway.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Yes absolutely! I am an atheist so I would. LOL

Seriously though, for people who are christians and believe in all of that religion stuff, many sell their soul multiple times over their lifetime, not for the lottery and indeed they are not aware their making a deal with the devil, but they do. If you believe in the devil do you really think he comes in with a contract like in the movies? LOL

No, what I am talking about, are people who might work for a company that oppresses others in other countries or even in their own country, so that while they might not see their work as part of that, it is, for they work for a company and help that company profit therefore helping that company to continue.

Look up tainted blood, saving or making the company a lot of money is sometimes the bottom line, even when others health and life are at stake, and when you make a choice that in any way profits you or the company, but harms others, then by what most religions teach you have in effect made a deal with the devil.

BTW when will that contract for the lottery and my soul arrive? I'll be looking for it.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by goose]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Ummm, how do we know we have souls? And, how do we know if we already sold our souls to the 'Diablo'? Anyway, if I did have a 'soul' matrix then, nah, I wouldn't sell my soul. It's mine! Hands off!

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I'd sell my soul for 2 other souls, then sell another for peace on Earth.

It's a win/win

-Will *outsmarted the Devil*

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by goose

An interesting supposition. Although one would be a very clever indeed to work for a company that harms others that doesn't harm them too. Then the question becomes, does that make it ok spiritually speaking? Probably not, good point.

I've known people who wouldn't work for a tobacco company for long green for that very reason.

As far as waiting for a contract, the Big D doesn't buy what he already owns. He's pretty efficient that way. Want some proof? Become a Christian

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
LOL I used to be a christian, did the whole praying everyday and night, I was pretty dedicated, what I finally discovered is, there is no God and No Devil, just a bunch of folks trying to believe in something because they want to keep on believing in Santa Claus.

As for working for a company harming others and not getting harmed yourself, think of the countless large name stores selling sweatshop goods, drug companies that seek to continue to sell products that they know are harming people, like for instance phen-fen. There are of course many large companies and corporations doing harm in some of the third world nations, the list goes on and on.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by goose

Sorry to hear that about your experience with Christianity. I do it a little differently. Don't go to church, don't pray constantly but I've little doubt there is a god. No burning bushes or the like either lol. More of a general thankfulness along with a do unto others approach.

I was going off on a little different direction on the corporate thing (and not very clearly). I've seen people do some pretty rotten things 'to get their numbers' or 'get ahead'. Said people seem to be doing pretty well on the surface but I just don't think it's going to work out that way. -Call it what you'd will, Karma, ect..

As far as working for a company that's doing unsavory things for profit, I don't think a person has spiritual debt in anyones book if they have nothing directly to do with it. In other words if you're not a contributing factor and can do nothing about it, it doesn't count against you. - I think the greeter at Wal-Mart is OK.

[edit on 4/17/2008 by beezwaxes]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
i'd sell my devil to your soul!

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Hmmmn...lets see!

I would have to ask Mr. Devilman for a tour of hell first, too see if it was any fun!

...if not, he would then have to bribe me a lil more!

I might agree to come party with him, that would be fun!

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
For starters, he doesn't need to buy my soul. I got me a first class ticket to the bonfires below.
That being said..The only REAL hell is the one you create for yourself, in your own mind. And a soul goes on for eternity, not one single thing in this life or any future life, would be an even trade.
Thoughts to ponder..
AD

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Of course I would....

If someone or something approached me and offered me money for my soul, sure, "pay up".

Seeing as the Devil doesn't really exist, and my soul could only be sold as a "concept", I would be silly to refuse such an offer from a complete retard!

[edit on 17/4/2008 by nerbot]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join