It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Hunters: Dog Fights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
New episode of UFO Hunters tonight (Wednesday 4/16/08).

UFO Hunters: UFO Dogfights

TONIGHT! - Wednesday April 16, 2008 at 10pm Eastern, 9pm Central, 7pm Pacific

www.history.com...

www.history.com...

UFO Hunters: UFO Dogfights

"In the 1970s and 80s, military pilots allegedly not only saw UFOS, but engaged them. The team gets special access to ex-pilots in Iran and Peru who followed strange objects on hair-raising chases later investigated by the US Military. American jets have had close encounters that continue to this day with objects seemingly too fast to be terrestrial."

I'm not a huge fan of UFO Hunters because the show lacks b*lls, the subject dealing with UFOs in this episode is very interesting to me so I guess I'll be watching tonight since I have nothing better to do...

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
They better darn well have some awesome military footage of UFOs and firt hand testimony etc tonight.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Can't wait to see UFO Hunters - i tape it every week!

I like the show because it incorporates a lot of science, which is very important IMO.

I bet the new episode tonight won't disappoint

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Considering that this topic has been played to death so much, I can't help but feel this is just a remake and rerun. Still, sometimes they add a little of something to the topic. I usually watch it, but so far haven't had any desire to think I should have recorded it.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

Gee Reality. You're cutting it a little close tonight.
I thought I was going to have to start the thread myself. You haven't been busy this week have you?

With that out of the way, I'm looking forward to tonight's episode. I'm not very familiar with the incidents that they will be covering, so I guess it's time to brush up.

I'll post tomorrow with my not so intelligent, but sometimes funny commentary.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Count me in this week

I'm in California so I'm on Pacific Time. Go ahead and post spoilers though

Hsur, Nice Avatar!

-WFA

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Just finished watching. It was a great episode. I'm so glad that the guy who builds and tests things finally got to do something relevant

Even his laser map thing was pretty neat, even though it was only a visual aid. Clever guy.

Anyway, they took 2 cases and spent a lot of time on them, went really in depth. I like that. I hope they're reading these threads because it seems like they are adjusting to the feedback.

I noticed though that there wasn't much mention of radar return data for these cases. Did I miss that part?

-WFA

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I thought the 'Air Combat USA' reenactments of the dog fights were pointless, silly and a total waste of time, resources and money.

[edit on 17-4-2008 by omnigrail]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
If those were actual extraterrestrial spacecrafts their technology is just mind boggling. What could explain for the bullets to pass through the UFO? Another interesting was that the US government seems to always be updated with UFO encounters in foreign countries as if there is some agreement that anything UFO related the US government should know about it.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Well, that was a good episode. I love hearing military witness accounts. They are just held to such a higher standard, they are trained to observe and report details. I believe that in both cases, things happened just as the pilots reported.

I have to agree with omnigrail that the "dog fight" reinactments were unneccesary. The pilot accounts were precise and offered enough detail that they didn't need to go into all that drama just to determine that the maneuvers permormed by the 'ufos' were not possible with the technology then, or now.

I was glad to see that they 'tested' the electro-magnetic (or whatever it is) pulse that disabled the Iranian fighter. Fascinating. Should that not make us feel very vulnerable? And that alone is all the reason needed for the military to take such interest in these cases. You know they do. I don't know why anyone would believe that the government does not investigate such incidents. The un-classified docs that they produced speaks volumes.

So, good show, I'm glad to see that it is gaining momentum.

Originally posted by WitnessFromAfar
I'm in California so I'm on Pacific Time.

Just rub it in, huh? I'm jealous.

And no, they didn't show any radar hits, they must not have had any.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112
I have to agree with omnigrail that the "dog fight" reinactments were unneccesary. The pilot accounts were precise and offered enough detail that they didn't need to go into all that drama just to determine that the maneuvers permormed by the 'ufos' were not possible with the technology then, or now.

I totally agree with this assessment, even though I enjoyed the program.

I was glad to see that they 'tested' the electro-magnetic (or whatever it is) pulse that disabled the Iranian fighter. Fascinating. Should that not make us feel very vulnerable?

Agreed, and I didn't know a computer could survive an EMP shock like that. I thought no matter the voltage, the hard drive would fry. It was very interesting.

Originally posted by WitnessFromAfar
I'm in California so I'm on Pacific Time.

Just rub it in, huh? I'm jealous.

Actually I'm beginning to be jealous also
I kind of miss having seasons. Incidentally, I'm trying to plan a trip this summer to Indy to show my GF where I grew up. I'm pretty excited, I haven't been there in a very long time!

-WFA

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It was another good episode of UFO Hunters, but not the best one.

John Tindle never ceases to impress me with all of his crazy, yet scientific testing instruments and setups he builds.

Can't wait for the next episode.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Me and my girlfriend have speculated that John Tindle, would build them a U.F.O if they would just ask him if he could do it for them.
We figure it would go down like this...

"Hey John we was wondering, based on our last case we think it would be great if you could can you try to make something like a model sized remote control flying saucer for a reenactment we have planed?"

"Yeah sure guys I suppose I could....but if you guys are willing to go through the expense of renting out old fighter planes, why don't you use my "sports model" that I have in the garage at home?"

"Your what?!?"

"Yeah my spaceship...I've been working on it during on our "off" weekends just be careful if you take it. That bugger,you know it took like three weeks to get that thing built, kinda complicated stuff I guess. I think the hardest part was finding a way to recreate the symbols from the roswell crash is such a way that..."

"John....John...JOHN!!!"

"WHA...WHAT ?"

"John thats amazing!"

"No, thats not amazing but I tell you what is, Zeta Reticuli has got the best Tacos ever! simply divine! So anyway do you guys want the keys for the next show or what?"

[edit on 04/13/2008 by sacerd]

[edit on 04/13/2008 by sacerd]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I fell asleep early. I'll have to catch the repeat next Thursday at 11pm Eastern.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
What? Ok, first you barely got the thread going before the episode started and then you fell asleep and can't even participate in this discussion? I'm shocked........

.....and you know I'm kidding, right?

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Yeah, I slacked on this one...

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Well, I made it through the show. But that's only because I was giving myself a pedicure.
Once again, a lot of pointless experiments that proved nothing. I wish I new where they were going to be filming next so I could visit them and knock the snot out of whoever is writing this stuff. I mean seriously, let's get into planes, fly around pretending one of the planes is a UFO and eat up some film time. Why? WHY I ASK YOU?!!!!!!!

ARRRRGGGGGG! This program is like a train wreck. I know its going to be sad and pathetic and yet I just can't look away. I need an intervention!!!

new topics

top topics

join