It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 New theory

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrdyn
reply to post by VenusOnTheHalfShell

I did say 'any amateur astronomer' not 'astrologer' - there is a phenomenal difference.

Correct. I did not misread your statement but merely posed a differing viewpoint from a differing class of star watchers. I'm referring to the differing mindsets of scientists versus metaphysicians. Astronomy chooses a narrower viewpoint, excluding everything non-empiric while the astrology encompasses both astronomical and metaphysical expression. Both have credence, but there is a large difference in interpretation.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

More of this nonsense? Ok I took the time to read your Post and felt like I was assaulted by a wave of hot air. While it has some interesting points, (I will give you that) there is no proof to it. And one thing so many people who share this theory don't stop to think about is the idea that technology is the real conspiracy, knowledge in the 21st century is the issue. Sure the mayans made a calender and it had an end. But now that we know 1000+ yrs more than they did so many people jump on the idea that there is something HUGE about to happen. It is kind of like finding a watch in 2199 that is from 2050 and then all of the sudden it stops, well naturally all of the people who have the same like ideas of those now will think "OH MY GOD THIS WATCH FROM THE PAST JUST STOPPED" and that the world will end in 2200. That is not true and in sooooo many ways is wrong, stop trying to analyze a civilization who live 2000 years ago from a 21st century perspective. OH and where are the scientists who agree with your post???? WHAT THERE ARE NONE? I am not surprised

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myrdyn

Hospital CT scanners have extremely powerful electromagnets within them.

I think you mean MRI, magnetic resonance imaging. CT scanner are computerized x-ray machines that use no Magnetism at all, however radiation is prevalent during the scan. And we all know what radiation does to us.

AAC

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I will be happy to stand up and say I want change and deliverance from the ever increasingly oppressive society we have allowed to control us for so long. If these astrological movements or the culmination of millions of individuals intending for a change makes the change for the better manifest, I am all for it.

Like the other poster said, he doesn't care about the source, let's have change. I am afraid we will not be saved by et's or some shift in the cosmos, I really think we have to get the ball rolling by intending for the change to take place. Make it happen little by little where ever you are - the more people do this, and a movement quietly starts. Just intend for a change. Just like you would intend to plant a garden...there is effort involved, but the rewards are immeasurable.

Intend and do.

Do, or do not; there is no try.
-Master Yoda

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
A very famous Indian scientist-astrologer on being questioned about the events that could take place in 2012, has very categorically stated that nothing is going to happen - no destruction of the world, no worldwide catastrophe, no end-of-the-world scenario! All this is fiction, without any basis whatsoever.

But what is going to happen is the tranformation of human conciousness to a higher level. This is due to electrical fields which would re-orientate from the slowing down of the Earth's core which would regain its momentum between 2010 and 2014, harmonising with the EM fields of the galaxy.

Now I'm not a believer in Astrology per se, so I have no idea whether there's any basis for all this. The only option is to wait and see if the tranformation does takes place!

Cheers!

[edit on 17-4-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
It's not going to be that easy as the thread maker written down, but basically he is correct. Welcome in the beautiful world of Crystallines and Indigos.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Interesting theory kdial1 and I understood what you meant by the center of the Milky Way's disc or spiral arm. It might be better to say Milky Way's galactic plane or zero degrees on the galactic plane. I like the positive outlook, a new beginning rather then a catastrophic end, but it's the time lines I'm having trouble with.

First off- I have read that the Mayan calendar is a cycle of over 5000 years, maybe more, not 3000 and second- given this event has taken billions of years and counting then 4 years can't possible make a noticeable difference.

I have come across information indicating a cyclical motion of enlightenment, or Golden age, correlating to our precession and the Zodiac but no good explanation that makes sense so far, and I have spent a considerable amount of time pondering this. I believe it has to do somehow with our motion inside this galaxy, crossing a point causing a change in consciousness. I think I understand you to say the change, in your theory, is linear (one and only) and not cyclical. Can you give a link pertaining to our solar systems plane aligning with the MW galaxy?

Originally posted by NetStorm
I do not agree with the "Our Solar System is from another galaxy" theory. This link will explain why.
Is the sun from another galaxy?

I have a lot of respect for Phil Plait and the work he does on his site, Bad Astronomy, as I have read quite a bit of stuff from his blog and forum. The problem I have is with the "Smackdown" attitude as they debunk theories in an arrogant manner and thus closing their minds to all the theories' information.
His Home Page has a description that reads:
"I am an astronomer, writer, and skeptic.
I likes reality the way it is, and I aims to keep it that way."

This to me does not describe a skeptic, but it does describe some of the attitude.

[edit on 4/17/2008 by Devino]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Do you have any links to astronomy sites that document the convergence?

As far as i know there is nothing directly saying that 2012 will be the period of getting there but that said there are some articles pointing to us going through the centreline of the Milky Way and that it does have a effect on our solar system.

Pluto warming up

Solar system going sideways through the milky way

It doesn't say we are getting enlightent in 2012 ofcourse but at least they are pointers in the direction that we are on our way.

[edit on 17-4-2008 by Harman]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

That one is not saying that, but I'm copying something which maybe also have a connection to this...

Hopi Prophecy
www.welcomehome.org...

"This is the First Sign: We are told of the coming of the white-skinned men, like Pahana, but not living like Pahana men who took the land that was not theirs. And men who struck their enemies with thunder.

"This is the Second Sign: Our lands will see the coming of spinning wheels filled with voices. In his youth, my father saw this prophecy come true with his eyes -- the white men bringing their families in wagons across the prairies."

"This is the Third Sign: A strange beast like a buffalo but with great long horns, will overrun the land in large numbers. These White Feather saw with his eyes -- the coming of the white men's cattle."

"This is the Fourth Sign: The land will be crossed by snakes of iron."

"This is the Fifth Sign: The land shall be criss-crossed by a giant spider's web."

"This is the Sixth sign: The land shall be criss-crossed with rivers of stone that make pictures in the sun."

"This is the Seventh Sign: You will hear of the sea turning black, and many living things dying because of it."

"This is the Eight Sign: You will see many youth, who wear their hair long like my people, come and join the tribal nations, to learn their ways and wisdom.

"And this is the Ninth and Last Sign: You will hear of a dwelling-place in the heavens, above the earth, that shall fall with a great crash. It will appear as a blue star. Very soon after this, the ceremonies of my people will cease.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Winchester1984

You've hit the nail on the head, I think all these fear based theorys are misinformation put out on purpose to keep mankind in this bubble of fear..

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stumpy1
reply to post by kdial1

More of this nonsense? Ok I took the time to read your Post and felt like I was assaulted by a wave of hot air. While it has some interesting points, (I will give you that) there is no proof to it. And one thing so many people who share this theory don't stop to think about is the idea that technology is the real conspiracy, knowledge in the 21st century is the issue. Sure the mayans made a calender and it had an end. But now that we know 1000+ yrs more than they did so many people jump on the idea that there is something HUGE about to happen. It is kind of like finding a watch in 2199 that is from 2050 and then all of the sudden it stops, well naturally all of the people who have the same like ideas of those now will think "OH MY GOD THIS WATCH FROM THE PAST JUST STOPPED" and that the world will end in 2200. That is not true and in sooooo many ways is wrong, stop trying to analyze a civilization who live 2000 years ago from a 21st century perspective. OH and where are the scientists who agree with your post???? WHAT THERE ARE NONE? I am not surprised

The Mayan Calander ends after 3000 Years..

Who's to say that this is just the first edition & they all died out before they could make the next one...lol

Don't we make a new 12 Month calander every year to hang on our walls?

The Mayans just thaught a little bigger is all...hehehehe

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
The Mayan Calander ends after 3000 Years..

Who's to say that this is just the first edition & they all died out before they could make the next one...lol

Don't we make a new 12 Month calander every year to hang on our walls?

The Mayans just thaught a little bigger is all...hehehehe

So what did they know astronomically that we don't?

Our calendar marks the start of a new orbit of our sun, what does their long count relate to? I find it hard to believe that they'd map a 5125(?) year calendar just for the heck of it.

[edit on 17-4-2008 by mc1km]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
12,20,2012, or it could be in uk,20,12,2012.
We have much information regarding the end of this system as we know it,throughout the old cultures this has been fortold,but now it is not far away (possibly). Its rubbish ,total crap,sheeple will believe anything.
there is no confirmation this is the actual date,but many wish to believe.
the egyptians were MASTERS ,do you a modern man with a limited education know more than these,or know more than the mayans or the hopi or the jews?
Its a date to look forward to ,not far away,through the internet we are being made aware of much more info,people are becoming united adding truth,lets enjoy the ride,if its wrong ok its wrong , but what if its
RIGHT 8-)

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by stmichael

Well. With the exception of the Jews, the mentioned nations were wise and knew quite more then the people of nowadays, just as you said. The Jews cannot be compared to them at all. Unfortunately the 90% of them are the perfect example of modern day's foolishness, lies, etc, etc... You cannot compare them nor with the Egyptians, nor the Incas, Navajos, Hopis and other proud nations. Jews don't even have a normal mythical culture, just a fabricated history. Plus, it would be good to decide the Jews are a religion as they're advertising or a race (They can't decide it a long time ago. When someone is telling that there were many great civilizations, such as the Maya, they're immediately stating that they're more civilized race then they were or anyone else (Of course it's not true.). If someone is opposing them for their foul acts, they're immediately just a religion, not a race.)

I'm not intend to offend anyone here, but please don't insult and compare the other great cultures and nations to them. There were twelve great nations, the guardians of the planet, but the Jews never were between them. They just would like to be one of the twelve.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
First of all, nothing in space moves at right angles...unless it has some sort of propulsion system (but even then) ...and last time I looked, Earth doesn't have one.

Secondly, could you provide a source for this great discovery from May 30, 2006 please? I've been reading Astronomy magazine and subscribe to many astronomy related website and have not heard this (pardon the pun) Earth shattering news.

If it's true that our galaxy is in the process of colliding with the Milky Way, that we're about to go parallel with the 'edge on' center of the Milky Way...it is most likely that we will continue moving in the direction we're moving now. It may take several billion more years before the gravitational pull from the Milky Way settles us down enough to have us peacefully start spinning with it.

I DO have a feeling that the next time we will be in this position in relation to the Milky Way galaxy will be in about 5,000 years or whenever the Mayan/Aztec calendar comes to the end of it's cycle again.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Sorry guys but I am severly confused. Every few days or so, someone comes up with new theories regarding what will happen on 2011, 2012 or 2013. I mean we can't even get the year right for starters.

I know the mayan calendar will end soon and that we are in the aquarius age but thats about all we agree to. Some say the allien federation is planning mass contact and enlightment. Others say the grays/reptilians are going to invade earth and finish the invasion they started millenia ago(?). Some speculate natural disasters such as earthquakes, asteroid impacts, tsunamis, etc. Others WW3!

Now I read we are not even part of the milky way galaxy but will enter in 2012 and that will enlighten us. To be frank, I cannot honestly say that any one of these theories is not very far fetched! Off course just because a theory is far fetched does not automatically disqualify it. Its just that most laymen with a bachelors degree or lower(such as myself) first have a hard time comprehending such matters and second we don't know which theory to believe, if any.

I suspect many others may be confused but are too embarrased to admit it.

Cheers

Actually, all the theories are in fact correct. Pretty much the underlying factor of the true outcome relies on what percentage of the population chooses to vibrate the correct frequency.

Pretty much, 51% of the population needs to live a life of pure love/service/non fear for the whole planet to take the shift with the aid of all the combined races of Galactic Federation. Their ships are encircling our planet, and with our permission...will usher us safely into the Milky Way unharmed by encircling the globe with a vibratory energy grid emitted from all their ships. This field would minimize earth changes and promote full enlightenment to the world, including an up in evolution to plants, and animals/

Without that greater majority, they can not impede upon universal law of sovereignty, and interfere with our civilization. Facing doom or not. Our government has allied with the Reps/Grays, who made a illegal treaty as seen by the Melchedesiak Galactic courts who recently ruled in our favor, called the treaty null and void and imposed the quarantine zone around the planet as to not let any service to self based entities access on or off the planet.

So all it takes is a majority of the people to accept them or have unconditional love in their hearts for intervention on our behalf can begin.

The reason why we have this mass switch to HD tv in 2009 is that the side channel bandwidth frequencies available by the PTB can pump unknown lower vibrations into every home that has one, therefore effectively preventing our raising our vibratorial levels to an acceptable level unless you forgo all radio and tv like I have.

This is an attempt for them to maintain their slave populations for the after times, for if their plan is successful, we will not get the required number of majority vibrational level, not get intervention, get the harsh and drastic version of pole shift, and there is your Armageddon.

THIS is the the true holy war. The True battle of Love Vs Fear. Not somewhere in the mideast or what they would have you believe. Its for control of your attention. The more you pay attention to current events/fear based thinking/negativity, the more power you give to THEM. EVERY thought has an effect at this time.

The more genuine love you can pump into your everyday thinking patterns WILL effect your own personal reality in some way. Give it a shot.

This April 20 is WESAK. The Full moon of Budda will be sending energy waves from sat. night when the full moon starts, up to 2-3 days afterwards. You WILL feel these waves if you be still in the moment.

This 20th is supposed to be the most SACRED day of the year to MANY cultures in the world. A day of mediation to raise your vibrations. try it, YOU WILL FEEL IT.

[edit on 17-4-2008 by spinladen]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

All I have to say is WOW.. You worded it better than I ever could have. I came to this exact same conclusion a few weeks ago. Thats absolutely awesome.. (we are tuning into the same energy.)
I'd like to expand a little on the idea.. (im not a physicist or astronomer.. just a 22 year old who has been doing a lot of meditating.) First off.. our pineal gland/ third eye is receptive of electromagnetic waves. (radio, light.. so on.) I believe that the high energies being emitted from the center of the Milky Way are the cause of evolution. A way to understand this is to think of the disc of the milky way as a wireless router connected to the internet, our pineal gland as the wireless receiver and our brains as the computer. The closer our solar system gets to the higher energies the stronger the signal gets. The stronger the signal gets.. the more information we can receive at one time. It's kinda like upgrading from 56k to broadband. If you think about it... this can explain evolution of the the entire history of man kind. Back when cavemen were around there was a very weak signal. Just enough to do basic things.. but as they get closer they start painting, communicating, making tools.. etc. The idea of religion starts forming. The closer to the energy the intuitive we get. The past few hundred years suggest that the closer we get to the energy the faster we evolve (an exponential rate.) We went from horses to spaceships in a blink of an eye. Look at the computer evolution.. (which is a product of our minds.) Every six months technology doubles. Not even just increases.. it literally doubles. Example: 32 mb or ram, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1 gig, 2 gig. .. etc.

So after I just typed all that.. I thought hmm.. can it explain evolution for the past millions of years.. lets see.. I found that we orbit the milky way every 250 million years.. Which means that we would have crossed this same energy field we are entering now 250 million years ago and 500 millions years ago.. Well.. what happened at those points in time?
I made an image to show you what I found..
(click it to see the whole thing)

So.. 500 million years ago life evolved to vertebrates. 250 million years ago it evolved to mammals. We are now at the next major evolutionary change. But this time there is a difference.. we have large brains capable of using the energy we are entering and we are going to stay in this energy this time.

Im sure there are a few holes in what I said but I hope you all get the basic idea I am presenting.

And to the guys trash talking the Mayan calendar. It is based on our movement through space and when we hit the disc it is going to alter our movement so there was no way for them to predict exactly how it changes.. so they had to end it. In four years a new calendar starts.. one that we have never seen before... we have to write it.

Peace

[edit on 17-4-2008 by danman23]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
So I haven't read all the posts cause I am dodging the boss to write this....

My question is what are we supposed to do to prepare for this higher frequency? I know there are all kinds of theories out there about 2012, but none of them give any insight on how to prepare for these "events". I feel I am attuned to the earth in my own way, but does this prepare me for the shift? Heck if I know. I commune with my god and goddess (not as much as I should), I pray for the welfare of this world, I recycle, I perodically meditate and charge my shakras and personal energy. Is this enough to prepare my body and soul for this transition? I really dont expect an answer, but instead of all ways trying to prove each other wrong shouldn't we be trying to figure out what to do to ease the transition? IMO, I think agreeing to disagree is the first step in this "evolution".

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NetStorm

The guy in the link you posted has some ok points. I have actually contemplated that as well. But there is another theory out there that we actually got tossed out of the milky way by a large sun and are now re-entering the disc. Either way though, we are entering the disc.

Oh another little fact that I came across on wiki "the dark matter is spreading out from the galactic disc with the known gas layer"

Peace

[edit on 17-4-2008 by danman23]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by spinladen

Even while i'm definitly on the fence with the whole galactic federation thing and such i am a regular reader of their posting. I'd like them to be real but even if they are not the message they bring are a nice one. Be at peace with yourself and do your best to bring some happiness to the world and do not let your spirit be let down looking at the world at large. I will be paying attention to april 20th for sure. Thanks for bringing it to my attention or i would never had known about it.

Oh btw, if you look it up at google WESAK the 16th of may. Just saying

www.google.com...

[edit on 17-4-2008 by Harman]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join