It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vitamin pills 'increase risk of early death'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Vitamin pills 'increase risk of early death'

www.telegraph.co.uk

They warn healthy people who take antioxidant supplements, including vitamins A and E, to try to keep diseases such as cancer at bay that they are interfering with their natural body defences and may be increasing their risk of an early death by up to 16 per cent.

Researchers at Copenhagen University carried out a review of 67 studies on 230,000 healthy people and found "no convincing evidence" that any of the antioxidants helped to prolong life expectancy. But some "increased mortality".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Wow, so it begins. Hopefully Codex will be able to save us from these evil supplements. Heaven forbid we take vitamins when big pharmacy can sell us poison approved by the FDA.

Antioxidants, including vitamins A, E, C and beta-carotene and selenium, are said to mop up compounds, called free radicals, which cause disease. It is this action that researchers believe may cause problems with the defence system

Now anitoxidants may cause problems with our defence system. Let me get this straight, they are now suggesting that free radicals are good and antioxidants are bad.

There are more gems in the article, please read it. This is just too much of a coincidence for me. I expect the propaganda to increase as we get closer to the Codex date.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-4-2008 by Karlhungis]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Well, now it is on the front page of CNN. I am surprised no one is interested in this.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I'd be interested to see who funded the study. As far as being on the front page of CNN, the only reason I could see it is that someone paid to have it put there.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Want to know the REAL effect of good, high-quality vitamins? Go buy some, take them for a month, and compare how much food you are consuming compared to the previous month. Compare how you feel after the vitamins to before. Compare how often you get colds/sick to before you were taking them.

That should be all the proof anyone needs.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Yes, I don't understand how we have been told forever that vitamins and minerals are good for you, essential... the definition of healthy. Now out of the freaking blue, we are supposed to believe that vitamins will kill us.

We should all be fine if we just continue to eat at McDonalds though, since there is no nutritional value, er um..I mean, since there are no deadly vitamins in their food.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I did a quick Google of Goran Bjelakovic, the head of this study and the results show him to either be on a crusade AGAINST vitamins or merely a useful reference in various healthscare news topics about vitamins and minerals.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Its a well known fact tht pharmaceutical giants want to either control (which means $$$$$) or they want vitamin supplements to dissapear altogether.
Yet the medicines those well paid conglomeates dish out are the cause of millions of deaths.

Here- have an injection.

Have some milk, its good for your bones.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Anyone who is not familiar with Codex Alimentarius should check out this link to the Codex video. It spends about an hour on the meaning, principals, history, and what can be done to stop it.

ATS Thread: Codex Alimentarius

I highly recommend viewing this video.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

Yes, the timing of this "news" is what disturbs me the most. When they move to make vitamins illegal for our own good they will be using studies like this to help further the agenda.

Codex Alimentarius is incredibly disturbing.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
People may use this as suicide advice. You know someone out there is.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
What do you expect from a megamultibillion empire that the pharmaceutical business has become at the expenses of Humans trying to find pills to made them live a littler bit longer . . .

They are trying to have derogative studies on the use of alternative medicine to avoid losing their milking cows.

We all know that anything taken in exaggerated doses will have repercussions and even death.

But the garbage that the Pharmaceutical have been making lately is going to kill you faster with their side effects and more often enough with painful ones.

But that is OK because is FDA approved.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Just drink some red wine mate, it is a very good antioxidant.

And by the way.. every thing will kill you, now we know vitamins will kill us to. I can't think of a single object, food, resource, ANYTHING that doctors have not done a study and came out saying "mmmmmhmmmm thata kill ya"

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Flag, star.

This is one issue that gets my blood boiling. My right to access to nutrients is right up there with my Second Amendment rights, in my mind. Big pharma has been alarmed for some time about the growing holistic health trend. Years back, when tryptophan began cutting into their hugely profitable sleeping pill business, they moved to take it off the market.

This is a big deal. High quality nutrients are essential-- especially these days when our foods are so stripped of vital nutrients and chock full of polluting chemicals, pesticides and everything else bad. I've been healing myself naturally most of my life, so the truth is apparent to me.

Vitamins aren't good for you? How blatantly transparent and dishonest!

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

I take vit c tablets, but i am not sure they are of any use. Do you think these vitamins are helpful, and what do you take, and do you see a difference.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I have been drinking an ounce of all fruit juice which has all the anti oxidants in it,never been sick since taking it,I didn't take any for 3 days,now I'm deathly sick,so I am a believer,but not in vitamins,I'll stick to Pom juice or all fruit

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

what do you take, and do you see a difference.

I take these daily.

If our nutrutional supplements are taken away, surely there will still be herbs etc that can be grown and used to fill the gap?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

I take vit c tablets, but i am not sure they are of any use. Do you think these vitamins are helpful, and what do you take, and do you see a difference.

I never take tablets, always capsules and I order everything from Vitamin Research Products because they formulate all their own products and are of high quality. And they are highly knowledgable and will help you figure out what's best for you when you call them. On the Vit C, for example, if I feel a cold coming on, I'll take 1000 mgs. of Vit C every hour until I feel better and it never fails me. I can't recall the last time I was sick with anything. A high quality multi-vitamin/mineral/nutrient is a good start, then you can add extra nutrients to address whatever health concerns you have. Quality is key when it comes to nutrients.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Just a few minor points;

1 - Goran Bjelakovic was a 'reviewer' of the research - which is to say, he's like an actors' agent - getting the exposure for the research through media channels he is an expert at surfing.

2 - The research 'narrowed' the focus on synthetic vitamins (in other words those created from petrochemicals by big pharma)

This is propaganda. They intend to create a sense of 'distrust' or 'uncertainty' about consumers exercising their own judgment on nutritional matters. It's been ongoing for a while. Many of you might remember about that naturally occurring substance in turkey, triptophan (I believe) which the industry is lobbying powerfully to declare illegal (citing the case where factory that was synthesizing it and made many people very ill). Problem is, it's naturally occurring in breast milk too. But I digress.

By the way, visit the Copenhagen University website - I bet you won't find a word of this in there. Why?, because it's corporate research.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by Maxmars]

apc

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
You know there might be some merit to this if everybody ate well and got the perfect amounts of vitamins and minerals each day... but most people don't. Most people are in a constant state of deficiency. Vitamin D if they spend too much time indoors, Vitamin B12 if they're a vegetarian, Omega-3 from not eating anywhere near enough fish, and on and on and on. As most people are simply not getting sufficient vitamins from their food, supplementing can only provide positive benefits. Even if it does, by whatever loony logic, cause early death... at least it'll be after a pretty healthy life.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join