It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The AFL Thread (Australian Football League)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

You know, the bear Down P?

Back in 06!

You said you'd never forget!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Ohhh right!!!!
Of course, how silly of me.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Ummmmm...... No, sorry. I have to be honest I don't have the first clue what you are getting at.

OK, sorry, just a little over analysis of your name.

AZ = abbreviation for Arizona, also University of Arizona

University of Arizona mascot = Wildcats, often shortened to Cats

So PAZCAT could be you (P for Peter or Pierre or whatever) declaring your status as an alumnus of the University of Arizona and a fan of their sports teams.

Bear Down = University of Arizona sports motto. 1920's era star Quarterback's death bed (car accident) admonition before a 'big game': 'Tell the boys to bear down'.

edit on 27/9/2010 by rnaa because: correct decade

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
kaaaaarrnnn saints

this is torture, game over half time.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Rather upset to see the Saints lose, however, the best team of the year did win. Saint are probably my fav Vic team.

Some good news. If i heard correctly. The NRL premiers were wooden spooners last year, great news for the hope i have in the Eagles LOL.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentShadow
Some good news. If i heard correctly. The NRL premiers were wooden spooners last year, great news for the hope i have in the Eagles LOL.

Lol, same...

but highly unlikely in our code

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Dashing my hopes and dreams.

Even if they are INCREDIBLY far fetched.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I'm glad there is an AFL thread here. Hi just joined I'm a BLOODS supporter ! Go the Bloods !!!

I miss the fantastic rivalry between West Coast and Sydney. I really do. The OP here dealt with that game where Barry Hall sent Staker to Disneyland and almost to the Morgue. I was sitting 25-30 metres away from Barry when he threw the infamous punch. My eys were on the ball, so I didn't see the actual punch, butt I SWEAR I heard it, loud and clear. Not one of Barry Halls finest moments, thats for sure !

Nothing beats the 2005 and 2006 grand finals though. God it ws excruciating to miss out on back to back glory by a single solitary point ! Grrrrrr ! [ Butt both GF's should be officially considered classics].

Whenever I'm in a bad mood though, and I want to cheer myself up, I just hop on You Tube and look at this game, the semi against Geelong in 2005, the one that got us into the Preliminary final against Saints . It is one of the all time great Swans victories...Nick Davis quiet as a little mouse and ten times as useless for three quarters..and then, from out of nowhere...BOOM ! ~~~~~ 4 goals to win, including the winning goal with 13 seconds left on the clock ! We were thirteen secs away from 'goodbye 2005', and we went on to win the bloody premiership ! Yay swans ! Yay Sydney !

Stiil give me goose bumps to watch this :

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join