The AFL Thread (Australian Football League)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Yeah I think the cats will win too.....but I am hoping the hawks will win by a point

Yeah even though I think Geelong will win, I'd like to see Hawthorn win, everyone loves an underdog

My Mum and Dad are watching it now, I'm watching little snippets of it. My Dad thinks Hawthorn will win by 4 points. My Mum thinks Geelong will win, but she'd like to see Hawthorn win as well lol. I think Geelong will win by something like 20 or 21 points.

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Lol, if you can call what Port played football......it was more like Auskick versus the All Australian team

For some reason, Port always seem to choke when it comes to the finals lol. Shame...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hawthorn 2008 premiers

Suck Geelong

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Good on Hawthorn, i ended up wanting them to win, however, i still would have had my money on the cats.

Hawthorn was there to play and i feel the cats may have thought that all they had to do was turn up and they would win.

WRONG!

In the end it was the Cats inaccuracy that cost them. They should have been up many goals at half time, however, they let Hawthorn go to the break with the confidence they could win... and they did.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentShadow
In the end it was the Cats inaccuracy that cost them. They should have been up many goals at half time, however, they let Hawthorn go to the break with the confidence they could win... and they did.

Yeah I saw at the end of the game how many behinds the Cats had lol. It reminded me of the Crows because they always seem to get more behinds than goals :shk:

Well, it was a good win for the Hawks, they really did deserve it! Especially since it was so long ago when they won their last Grand Final.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Alright... the new season is almost upon us.

Pre season games are impossible to gauge a season by though. The bigger clubs whom money is not a problem don't even care for the pre season cup and its financial rewards.

Well... go the mighty Eagles. Going to be a big year for us... you know... winning the flag and all

Oh and great to see Cousins back. Looking forward to seeing another Brownlow year for him. He has a better chance than the Eagles getting the cup i feel.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Bump.

Where are youse guys? Can't take a little losing?

Saints are kicking South Melbourne's behind as I type.

Go Saints! Marching towards 25-0.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I dont get to see any AFL anymore, im in Belgium and all there is is a highlights show thats in French on eurosport. How the Tiges doing? actually probably best not to answer that.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
I dont get to see any AFL anymore, im in Belgium and all there is is a highlights show thats in French on eurosport. How the Tiges doing? actually probably best not to answer that.

I just can't bear to leave you in the dark, I just have to answer it.

My Wife's family follows Richmond. We're going to the MCG tommorrow to see the Battle for the Wooden Spoon: Richmond vs Melbourne

Actually I joke, there are still 5 teams in the running for wooden spoon: Richmond, North, the Weegles, and Freo all have 4 wins and Melbourne has 3.

I just about jinxed St. Kilda on my earlier post, because the Swans came back and tied it up with about 2 minutes to go. Saints kicked a behind with 20 seconds left to escape with the win so they are now 18-0. Geelong is in second with 2 losses, then Bulldogs and Magpies at 6 losses.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Just to keep you deprived souls up to date.

St Kilda is still undefeated and untied at 19-0 with three to go. No team has gone undefeated during the regular season, ever. There is now not much standing in the way of St. Kilda of making that history. They still have to play Essendon, North Melbourne, and Melbourne. Essendon still has a vague chance to make the finals, but the other two just cannot compete.

Melbourne is heading for its 3rd (I think) straight 3 win year. They get an extra draft pick for winning less than 5 games, but it doesn't seem to be doing them much good yet. They're getting lots of negative publicity about 'tanking' though (tanking is losing on purpose to ensure they get that priority draft pick).

Hawthorn, last years Champion, won't make the finals this year. Well they still have a mathematical chance, they have to win their last three and Port Adelaide has to lost its last three. Extremely unlikely.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Ok, St Kilda has now lost two in a row. The first by 2 points to Essendon - Nic Reiwoldt missed a set shot after the siren. The second by 5 to North Melbourne. North kicked the winning goal with about 30 seconds or less left.

Hawthorn has defied all odds and has a chance to squeeze into the finals if they beat Essendon this week.

St. Kilda will finish first, Geelong second.
Collingwood and Bulldogs will probably be 3rd and 4th.
Carlton, Adelaide, and Brisbane will take 5th to 7th in some permutation.
Essendon or Hawthorn will take the 8th spot.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Season 2010

It is almost upon us. The grass is getting cut, uniforms being sewn and here we go. Man i love the footy season.

Once again GO THE EAGLES! Nice to be back in the state that supports them.

Pre season has started and it was nice to see the Eagles win their game. Isn't Nic Nat an exciting player to watch?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentShadow

I didnt know this thread existed ...Yay!

And ofc your a eagles fan along with chawickus, Ozweatherman and Infaredman gggrrrr

Cheer Cheer the Red and the White!

Go Swannies!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
CARN THE EAGLES!!!!!

The boy has some talent!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
Cheer Cheer the Red and the White!
Go Swannies!

I have a soft spot for the Swannies and went to many games while i live in NSW for 7 years.

Originally posted by Chadwickus
The boy has some talent!

Indeed he does... indeed he does.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
How is it possible that Fevola can continually get into so much trouble. It boggles the mind lol.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentShadow

well because he is a idiot.

he looks like Willy Mason from NRL, another Duchebag

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Well 2010 is officially underway.

Round 1 was held over the weekend.

I got 6 out of 8 tips correct. The weekend went pretty much to plan.

Eagles were comprehensively beaten in the end after being well in it for 3 quarters.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentShadow
How is it possible that Fevola can continually get into so much trouble. It boggles the mind lol.

Yeah he shouldnt have a club really.....dissapointing from the Lions

Btw got 7 out of 8 this week...the Doggies let me down. But still a pretty good start. Trying to back up my two 1st place positions and my 3rd place position from my 3 tipping comps last year.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
stoopid swans, stupid sanits!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Doggies let me down too. What made you pick Dockers over Crows?

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join