It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The AFL Thread (Australian Football League)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Perth here

and how do you type this in tiny little letters.......go eagles.

Sad whats happened to our team,when we cant kick a Vic
it used to be a lot of fun.

They have been sooo bad I have wondered as well as others if their tanking it on purpose to get better draft picks next year, probably not but I find it hard to even take an interest with them this year playing so badly.

Roll on next year quick!!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

WE WON THIS WEEKEND!!!!

WOOT!

Talk about a weekend of upsets... YIKES!

Nah Eagles aren't tanking, they just suck LOL

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentShadow

Well the winning streak didn`t last long

I saw last night on the news that people have put together a petition to get back Ben Cousins and give him another chance.

I`d like to see that as well and hope he has learned a huge lesson and stays away from the drugs etc,he looks very fit and serious about continuing his career and would be a big asset to any club willing to give him another chance.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

Well the winning streak didn`t last long

Nope... and to the dockers of all people :p

I saw last night on the news that people have put together a petition to get back Ben Cousins and give him another chance.

I certainly hope he comes back to the Eagles... that guy bleeds blue and gold and it would kill me to see him play at any other team. Except maybe Sydney, it would mean i would probably go to MANY more games lol... just to see him play.

But it would still hurt not seeing him in the Blue and Gold. He is most likely the greatest play to ever play for the Eagles, and i would love to see him stick to just one club through his career. But who knows whether the Eagles burnt all bridges by jumping the gun and sacking him when he was innocent.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentShadow

Nope... and to the dockers of all people :p

Yeah,Oh well at least they lost to another west Aussie team.

But it would still hurt not seeing him in the Blue and Gold. He is most likely the greatest play to ever play for the Eagles,

Well he is certainly right up there with the best,Materia,Heady,Worsfold,banfield,Judd,Jakovich,Kemp to name some more of my favorites.

and i would love to see him stick to just one club through his career. But who knows whether the Eagles burnt all bridges by jumping the gun and sacking him when he was innocent.

I feel the same,except the Innocent part,he was far far from Innocent and know personally some things he was involed in and with that wasn`t aired publicly through associates of my G/F.

Anyway I hope he has straightened out now.

Here`s the online petition in a call to have him reinstated.

Link

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I feel the same,except the Innocent part,he was far far from Innocent and know personally some things he was involed in and with that wasn`t aired publicly through associates of my G/F.

Oh i am not denying his involvement in questionable activities, i was referring to the actual final event that led to his dismissal. The Police later admitting they were wrong and compensating him for their wrongful actions.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Oh yep gotcha.

When signed the petition I was number 2800 or there abouts a little while ago,so its building,as it was 1500 when it was on the news a day or so ago.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Yeh that petition is from October i think lol... i have already signed it

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

They have been sooo bad I have wondered as well as others if their tanking it on purpose to get better draft picks next year,

I too am an eagles supporter

Just remember the top two rated draft picks this year are west aussies...Daniel Rich and that guy with the Fijian name. If we are lucky I reckon we could get both, I think Melbourne will be looking for a key forward and wont go for either of those guys

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
I too am an eagles supporter

Geez another supporter,good to hear from you Oz

Just remember the top two rated draft picks this year are west aussies...Daniel Rich and that guy with the Fijian name. If we are lucky I reckon we could get both,

Sounds good,I vaguely remember an up and coming talented Fijian talked about on the news quit a while back.

Just looked for some info on them.....

Fijian-born Nicholas Naitanui and Brighton Grammar student Jack Watts headline the group of tall under-age youngsters, with the pair touted to battle it out for the number one pick in November's draft.

The duo showed glimpses of their ability in Wednesday's under 18 championships decider between Vic Metro and Western Australia at Telstra Dome.

Naitanui, who stands at 197cm, showed off his great leap in the ruck and his athleticism around the ground while Watts kicked two goals in attack. But Watts' performance throughout the championships earned him the division one best player award - the Larke Medal.

Link

We`ve got Cox,but Naitanui might make a great forward? well at least someone up forward who can take a grab,unlike Lynch who I cheer in amazement when one actually sticks,though he is a fantastic kicker of the footy.

Anyway these two couple of guys sound great to at least start our way back up the ladder where we belong.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by gps777]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
We should leave Lynchy in the centre. He was fantastic against the saints the other week in that last quarter

And how bout that injury list, now we gotta add Staker and Kennedy, both probably gone for the rest of the year :shk:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   

West Coast Eagles supporter here!! I hate Barry Hall!!, apologies to any Sydney Swans Supporters, but i can't stand the guy!!

Anyway West Coast Eagles are not doing any good this year, we need BEN COUSINS back!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
If we are lucky I reckon we could get both, I think Melbourne will be looking for a key forward and wont go for either of those guys

Round 20 Melbourne vs West Coast will be interesting. I think both teams will be after Naitanui. It will be called the Naitanui cup lol... the loser gets him.

Originally posted by JDN24

West Coast Eagles supporter here!! I hate Barry Hall!!, apologies to any Sydney Swans Supporters, but i can't stand the guy!!

Yay another one (Eagles supporter)... and i agree with your Hall sentiments... i consider Sydney my no.2 team (because i live here), however, i still hate him lol. I was at the game where he knocked out Staker

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Well its now saturday (central time), the day of the big match,lol

I tipped the eagles but now Im not so sure, wirra's out but eberts back in. God I hope we win

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I'm not so sure... if we win, we lose the priority pick. If we win we are assured to miss the wooden spoon. I really am unsure, now i feel like Carlton fans must have been feeling last year lol.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Well we lost, so i guess we still get the priority pick.

I went down on Saturday night and watched Sydney get killed by Geelong. I was going for Sydney as i usually do when i go down, however, it was just awesome to watch Geelong play live. They are one heck of a well oiled unit.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Well, the big game is tomorrow! Anyone got tickets to the Grand Final? Boy, I wish I could go, I've never been to a single game, let alone a grand final lol.

Who thinks who will win?? I think it's gonna be close, but I think the Cats are going to be the victors lol

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparkly_Eyed777
Who thinks who will win?? I think it's gonna be close, but I think the Cats are going to be the victors lol

Yeah I think the cats will win too.....but I am hoping the hawks will win by a point

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I think the Cats will win. I am not sure who i want to win though. What i do want is a good game to be played, not like the rubbish grand final last year when one team forgot they came to play football.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentShadow
I think the Cats will win. I am not sure who i want to win though. What i do want is a good game to be played, not like the rubbish grand final last year when one team forgot they came to play football.

Lol, if you can call what Port played football......it was more like Auskick versus the All Australian team

I would love to see a repeat of the 2 Sydney vs West Coast finals (we will be back next year
) or even better, the 89' grandfinal

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join